Manchester United Talk banner

Bayern agree short-term Donovan deal

795 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  toby22 
#1 ·
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=789022.html

FC Bayern München have recruited Los Angeles Galaxy striker Landon Donovan on loan until 15 March 2009, with a longer deal dependent on the United States international's performances.

Leverkusen spell

The 26-year-old already possesses experience of the Bundesliga after making seven appearances for Bayer 04 Leverkusen while under contract between 2001 and 2005. "We have a great team and it's no coincidence that we haven't lost for 16 games in a row," said Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. "Thus we do not need any new signings. We have only loaned Landon Donovan until 15 March. If and how it will go with him after that will depend on how he develops." Donovan, who has been a LA Galaxy player since March 2005, will be available for Bayern's UEFA Champions League first knockout round ties against Sporting Clube de Portugal on 25 February and 10 March.

#2 ·
This has been in the works for sometime now, and I'm elated to see him give Europe another go. He hated to leave California when he was younger, and that being my home-away-from-home I can tell you, I'd never blame him for it.

Kilnsmann is a big fan of America, especially California, which is probably why his nickname is "California Klinsmann" and he was near managing our national side.

All of this leads me to believe Landon will get a good run-out. He is our greatest ever talent, and for him to make it at one of the biggest clubs in the history of sport would be amazing.

Good luck, Mr. Donovan.

Make us proud!

#4 ·
Experience of the bundesliga 7 games in 4 years that cant be correct can it ?

I believe is a good player though so we will see how it works out for the lad .

But wasnt freddy adu supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago . He came to United for a trail and was politly show the door .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.