Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Reuters UK

BERLIN, April 22 (Reuters) - Bayern Munich have withdrawn the offer of a new contract to Philipp Lahm after failing to reach agreement with the 24-year-old Germany defender, who said separately on Tuesday he was eager to move abroad.

Lahm's current deal runs out at the end of next season and Bayern announced in a statement on Tuesday that talks on a contract extension had not been successful.

Bayern will now have to decide whether to sell him at the end of the season or risk losing him to a free transfer in 2009.

Lahm, who scored the first goal of the Fifa 2006 World Cup and is a regular starter for Germany, has been linked with Spanish giants FC Barcelona in local media reports.

"My plan is to leave Bayern before I'm past my peak," Lahm said in an interview with Stern magazine.

"I've played for two years at VfB Stuttgart and I'm in my third year at Bayern, the biggest German club. The logical next step is to go abroad."

Asked if he could leave the club at the end of the current season, Lahm was quoted as saying: "That's quite possible." (Writing by Kevin Fylan, editing by Alan Baldwin)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
dunno if we will com to us instantly....we are facing competition from barca and most probably other teams too....
but hopefully we can get him.....him and a klaas(did i spell it wrong :p ) striker will be the 2 missing pieces to our jigsaw puzzle of titles and titles

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
akash_reds said:
him and a klaas(did i spell it wrong :p ) striker will be the 2 missing pieces to our jigsaw puzzle of titles and titles
Yes you did, but I'm well aware of the deliberation made. But still, my dream signing would be Karim Benzema & Sergio Ramos for that two positions. ;)

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Another story copied from another site when if ever has lahm been linked to united never so stop printing storys off the back of nothing

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fazman said:
Another story copied from another site when if ever has lahm been linked to united never so stop printing storys off the back of nothing
United have been always linked with a summer transfer window market swoop for Bayern Munich and Germany full back Philipp Lahm since the club has officially announced our record profits turnover which could be ready to release some cash for the versatile 24-year-old defensive ace.

David Gill, the chief executive, predicted this year that United would achieve “dramatic growth†and the club are expected to announce record revenue of more than £200 million and profits of at least £60 million, with the Glazers enjoying significant increases in the club's match-day and commercial revenue as they move towards their ambitious target of profits of £108.9 million by 2011.

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly ask the Glazer family to back his team's Premiership title challenge by stumping up the money for a new full back, with Philipp Lahm, of Bayern Munich, his ambitious top target. Having irked Bayern during their protracted pursuit of Owen Hargreaves, United are circumspect about their chances of signing Lahm, particularly before the summer, but the 24-year-old is regarded by Ferguson as the ideal signing next month.

He is equally comfortable on either flank, so he would offer high-quality cover for Patrice Evra at left back and would be a credible long-term successor to Gary Neville at right back, particularly because Wes Brown, who has deputised for the injured Neville for the past nine months, is simply not good enough for United to put up a strong challenge on all fronts to win all the trophies there's for us to win.

And come on' mate, don't put it so bad in a way which sounds like we have 'stolen' some articles from other site. Afterall, I did give a veritable quote on where's the article from didn't I? And all of these are still mere transfer speculation after day one. So is it right for me to add that there' no harm in speculating whether or not Lahm would sign for United eventually in the transfer talk section of a United forum?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes, what a buy that would be really, i reckon we could get him for around 10 million, and he can play both right and left back, both footed and pretty athletic.
Decent going forward also, would be an immense buy.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
red_devils4life said:
United have been always linked with a summer transfer window market swoop for Bayern Munich and Germany full back Philipp Lahm since the club has officially announced our record profits turnover which could be ready to release some cash for the versatile 24-year-old defensive ace.

David Gill, the chief executive, predicted this year that United would achieve “dramatic growth†and the club are expected to announce record revenue of more than £200 million and profits of at least £60 million, with the Glazers enjoying significant increases in the club's match-day and commercial revenue as they move towards their ambitious target of profits of £108.9 million by 2011.

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly ask the Glazer family to back his team's Premiership title challenge by stumping up the money for a new full back, with Philipp Lahm, of Bayern Munich, his ambitious top target. Having irked Bayern during their protracted pursuit of Owen Hargreaves, United are circumspect about their chances of signing Lahm, particularly before the summer, but the 24-year-old is regarded by Ferguson as the ideal signing next month.

He is equally comfortable on either flank, so he would offer high-quality cover for Patrice Evra at left back and would be a credible long-term successor to Gary Neville at right back, particularly because Wes Brown, who has deputised for the injured Neville for the past nine months, is simply not good enough for United to put up a strong challenge on all fronts to win all the trophies there's for us to win.

And come on' mate, don't put it so bad in a way which sounds like we have 'stolen' some articles from other site. Afterall, I did give a veritable quote on where's the article from didn't I? And all of these are still mere transfer speculation after day one. So is it right for me to add that there' no harm in speculating whether or not Lahm would sign for United eventually in the transfer talk section of a United forum?

all you do is copy quotes and info off other sites ive had enough of you and the copy crew who know about as much about football as my mum

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fazman said:
all you do is copy quotes and info off other sites ive had enough of you and the copy crew who know about as much about football as my mum
What do you actually meant by 'copying'? I'm just sharing an interesting news article which I would like to share or get the sincere opinions of people on here. Did you actually see the veritable source which I have always quoted whenever I posts an article from a foreign site? And if you hve noticed, I had also accredited the piece of reported news to the original writers.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
This is quite possibly the best piece of news I've read all day.

H might need to bulk up for the prem, but that can be worked on, but his fooballing brain and cultivated right foot, can;t. He would be a great signing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
to be honest i cant see him coming to us, he'll definetly want to go to somewhere where he will start immediatly and play everygame, and with united he'll have to start behind evra and gaz nev.

·
Registered
36 Posts
he may be a good signing but i think he's destined to be in spain and play in barcelona... however if we could snatch him away from camp nou that would be better, he's an ideal replacement to the retiring gary neville and can also be a cover for left back... He is well known for his pace, dribbling and crossing abilities. he's also a former teammate of owen hargreavesm which is a plus!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He would be the best signing next season if we got him.He would probably got in a right back slot then our defence would be complete and almost invincible.But we have'nt signed him as yet since Barcelona are currently first in line to hold talks with him.

·
Registered
488 Posts
recently SAF said about Alves too.. It's great that the option got wider... Hopefully we get one of them... We are in need of one urgently...
I'm not sure about you guys, Gary, Scholes and Giggs are not young anymore... We already have replacement for midfielders and it is good that Scoles and Giggs have been guiding them... So for the RB... We need one real soon...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Huge fan of Lahm. Even though i think Alves may be slightly better at 25 million or more for a RB is not worth it. Lahm for me would be a great buy, and if we could get it under 15 million would be a steal.

I think he would suit our game style more. **** off barca!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts