Manchester United Talk banner

Bayern Munich vs Utd

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  MsUnited 
#1 ·
Do you believe in omens???? I certainly do and especially so after the season we had last year. 50 Years after The Munich Air disaster, 40 years since the first time we had won the European cup. What happens , we go all the way to Moscow and win the champions league for the third time in our history. I always had that gut instinct throughout last seasons champions league that this was finally going to be our year and it was. The only moment, in which I was slightly hesitant was the moment between Ronaldo's penalty miss and Terry's run up.

Now this year.... 10 Years on from perhaps : The GREATEST champions league final in the history of the competion and the finalists that year are still in the competition with just 2 rounds to go... Along with that, United are regarded as the strongest team in Europe and undoubtedly Bayern had the most comprehensive victory in this weeks round... 12-1 . :eek:. So by form you would have to say the 3 strongest teams left in the competition are Barce, ourselves and of course Byern Munich. If the draw leaves a pathway for both sides to eventually meet each other, I will not hesitate on sticking a fiver on it being a German-English afffair and what a night it would be too.

#3 ·
I can't really see it happening tbh.

I'd like to play them at some point, preferably the semi's. It'll be a good game tbh, but unless they manage to get Porto, then Villarreal which isn't very likely, I can't see Bayern getting to the final (though if they face an English team(s) apart from us hopefully I'll be wrong ;) :D)

#9 ·
OK, so you believe in omens? I'm guessing
you're expecting an Arsenal - Utd F.A. Cup
Final, or is fate restricted to 10, 40 or 50
years? An F.A. Cup final 30 years after,
is that symmetric enough for you?

All this nonsense about symmetry and fate is
exactly that, nonsense.

#11 ·
The strongest teams left in the UEFA Champions League are, Man Utd, Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Arsenal, these 6 teams are very good sides and are the best teams remaining, If United draw any of these teams expect a really close game, i think that United will face Bayern in the next round, and seeing them come off a 12-1 win, :O, they will give themselves every chance of knocking us out of the competition.

#12 ·
Bayern aren't the strongest side in the Champions League, in fact they are the less favoured team to go onto the finals regardless their 12-1 demolition of Sporting. I can only see them going through to the semis if they face Porto, Villareal or Arsenal. Us, Barca, Chelsea and Liverpool are too strong for Bayern in my opinion. But who knows? They can perform the way they did against Sporting and on their day they can beat the hell out of any team. So I won't mind a United - Bayern final but it the chances of that happening are very less.

#13 ·
What about Arsenal? That would be a dream footballing final...

hey, dont forget Arsenal are very good when facing great teams...how they performed against Chelsea, Liverpool and even ManUtd...Yes, they have the luck against us that time but they performed really well against the top four and surprisingly the pick up point in every big games...I would prefer Barcelona or Liverpoool in the final...The history speak when the venue in the final is in Rome, Liverpool have pick all the 3 trophies in the UEFA champion league.....I believe that this is in the concept of coincidence.....

:blink::blink:

#18 ·
Don`t rule out Bayern boys .. They might surprise us, its not always the best team who qualifies in such competition ..

Even more than that, don`t even rule out what Berba has said ;)
Champs League is full of surprises and we should know more than anyone :)

Would be nice to see a Bayern v Utd final, but what about revenge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.