Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beckham will sign a 6 month loan deal with AC Milan according to BBC Sport. The loan starts in January.

Beckham, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Shevchenko. Plenty of big names at Milan!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
reddwarf said:
Beckham will sign a 6 month loan deal with AC Milan according to BBC Sport. The loan starts in January.

Beckham, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Shevchenko. Plenty of big names at Milan!!!
ye, but besides Kaka who i might add is in his late 20s they are all 30+

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the dad's army of football....plenty of big names, many past their prime......on a positive note though anything must be better than playing for l.a. galaxy....if it went well maybe he'd consider it long term and forget about the cash for a while and get back to what he is good at in a top league

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldnt believe that just yet, Beckam still has 3 years left on his Galaxy contract, and i understood that he would just be training with Milan until the MLS re-commenced so that he could keep fit for the England ties. if in fact he was chosen

But if its all true then i'm just glad the lad got himself back into the real world of football, okay the second real world of football.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Milan are starting to look like one of those 'legends' sides that plays for charity. :D

Sky Sports are also reporting this now but are being more cautious saying that it is still just a bid and nothing has actually been signed yet. However, AC Milan seem confident the deal will go through.

Galliani has said: "Beckham wants to train and play with Milan. We want him. He will arrive in January and we will sign him for the rest of the season. It's not just a shop window deal, it's a great deal. He will be avaliable for Ancelotti for Serie A and the Uefa Cup. Football today is not just about tactics and technical abilities. It's about full stadiums and sponsors. No-one can beat the 65,000 fans we had on Sunday. The stadiums will only fill up with superstars like Beckham who has asked Milan for hospitality, not another club. With him, Kaka and Ronaldinho, it would be a dream team."

And Ancelotti has said: "For me it will be a pleasure, Beckham is a serious athlete, a great professional. If he is available for four months with us, we will be very happy."

Quotes from Sky Sports website.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
asaf cohen said:
ye, but besides Kaka who i might add is in his late 20s they are all 30+
Ronaldinho is only 28, Kaka hasn't hit prime yet as he is only 26!!!

Been honest Beckham hasn't been the same since his final year at Madrid.... England should have dropped him long ago.
He just aint my type of player. He can't tackle, he can't take the ball around people and he can't run to save his life. He goes dead during games then pops up with an assist.

He is hanging on to his career by doing this

Z

·
0 Posts
I couldn't give a toss what the Beckham circus does these days.
The man has become a complete joke and I have no time for him at all.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blade said:
I couldn't give a toss what the Beckham circus does these days.
The man has become a complete joke and I have no time for him at all.
Except the time it took to post that comment. :p

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Ronaldinho is only 28, Kaka hasn't hit prime yet as he is only 26!!!
Ronaldinho has passed his prime and honestly, the 06-07 season was Kaka's peak year.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
red devil jeff said:
Ronaldinho has passed his prime and honestly, the 06-07 season was Kaka's peak year.
People say that footballers are usually at their peak when they are 26-29. They still have their fitness levels but they are experienced. However, I have to agree with your comments. Ronaldinho is on the way down and Kaka has already peaked.

On the bright side for United, I think Rooney is still someway off his peak and the thought of how good he'll be in a few years time is frightening.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Now that's funny, are you serious about Kaka:confused:
Do you think he will never be as good? He need's to get out of Milan

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
on another note isn't milan a great city to live in if your female????wonder why he chose their in particular?? the demonic posh strikes again

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Its not as if he has Ruud, Cole, Yorke or anyone of any aerial ability to cross to in Milan. Ronaldinho proved in the derby that he's good in the air. Sadly, this loan deal will generate enough negative press for the sport in my country that it will effectively die, and only remain a niche sport for a great number of years. :(

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I hope the move does him well. I'm not a big fan of Beckham, but I'd like to see him play for a proper team again, and not a joke

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think this is great for Beckham and Im delighted for him. At least we will get to
see him back in Europe playing for a decent team and some class players.
It will be good for his England career as well. Lets hope he can bow out at the top
in the 2010 World Cup.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts