Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Beckham is loving his adventure with Milan and has revealed he snubbed major offers from other clubs for his services in order to join the Rossoneri.

The Englishman has been outstanding this season and the club are doing everything to make him stay. Becks is also keen on staying in Milan and he is delighted with how everything has fallen into place so far.

"I received offers from English teams and two other Italian sides, but I wanted Milan from the first moment I knew they were interested in me," Beckham told Sportweek.

"I am trying to learn Italian and this will take time. I think it's important to learn the language and integrate well."

A number of reports claimed Beckham would be heading back to the Premier League at the end of his career. But the former Manchester United man has moved to distance himself from the paper talk.

"I don't think I will return to the Premier League because the only return I would have liked was Manchester United," added the player.

"I enjoyed 10 great years there and it would be the only team I would play for if I returned home.

"Manchester United are not one of the teams who contacted me though."

Becks believes he is privileged to be playing in such a great team and he has hailed his team-mates.

"Playing with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Pato is just too good to refuse. I think Kaka is the best in the world," concluded Beckham.

goal.com

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
He wouldnt get into our plans now.

I'd hav him for his set pieces! Or corners in general are shocking normally, with Nani, Rooney, Giggs, Park Carrock etc.. more often then not hitting the frst man.

I'd love to see some stats on goals scored from corners per season when he was with us and since he left... would be interesting.

Anyways, no chance of him returning IMO...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Beckham has performed very well for AC Milan. His form has been a pleasant surprise. All Milanistas now want him to officially sign.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Faяouk said:
Beckham has performed very well for AC Milan. His form has been a pleasant surprise. All Milanistas now want him to officially sign.

Yeah - and I wonder what little ragazza he's got lined up to help him settle in??

I wouldn't have him back in a fit - way too much drama attached to everything he does. Poor Ronnie wouldn't like sharing the prettiest boy title either.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
keeannoh said:
Yeah - and I wonder what little ragazza he's got lined up to help him settle in??

I wouldn't have him back in a fit - way too much drama attached to everything he does. Poor Ronnie wouldn't like sharing the prettiest boy title either.

Thats the biggest downside, and one of the reasons Fergie said goodbye - the circus around him

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
He wouldnt get into our plans now.
i would like to get him on loan to cover hargreaves and anderson's injuries
he can play in the middle with carrick and what a passes he would provide

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
If it wasn't for the circus, he could have stayed here and become a United legend.

I really believe that a big part of our struggles from 03-04 to 05-06 were because we were never able to replace him. Ruud certainly missed him.

Just my opinion tho...

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
moondog said:
If it wasn't for the circus, he could have stayed here and become a United legend.

I really believe that a big part of our struggles from 03-04 to 05-06 were because we were never able to replace him. Ruud certainly missed him.

Just my opinion tho...
The circus that our beloved Fergie was also involved in.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Thought you said you wouldnt be posting in any more Beckham threads? :D ;)

jus kidding, link appreciated, Might check it out a bit, but mainly watching Merseyside Derby.

back on topic: Beckham back to United? nah would never happen, not with Fergie
there. It would be an emotional return but we already have a quality squad. Where would he fit?

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Thought you said you wouldnt be posting in any more Beckham threads? :D ;)

jus kidding, link appreciated, Might check it out a bit, but mainly watching Merseyside Derby.

back on topic: Beckham back to United? nah would never happen, not with Fergie
there. It would be an emotional return but we already have a quality squad. Where would he fit?
I`m allowed to dream, the return of Becks with the club is one of my biggest dreams.
I have to be realistic tho, it`s not going to happen. He had his time here, he moved on. We moved on.
End of story, i like it or not.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
I`m allowed to dream, the return of Becks with the club is one of my biggest dreams.
I have to be realistic tho, it`s not going to happen. He had his time here, he moved on. We moved on.
End of story, i like it or not.
I can appreciate why so many would want him back. He was a great player, still is.
but yes, you are allowed to dream :) I still hope Keane will come back for a sneaky season :eek: :p

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
think we need to appreciate his loyalty to united and his love for the club. he could come back and turn out for arsenal or one of the london clubs getting a ridiculous wage packet in the process but he aint.

Its the reason why he would probably figure in my top 10 united players. he gave 110% for club and country, took s**t after the red card in the world cup and digged us out of one or two holes along they way to the treble. People just want to see beckham the celebrity and not beckham the footballer.

·
Registered
366 Posts
We don't need him for starters and sorry but all the baggage that comes with brand Beckham just would not be worth the hassle . It's a great one for all the romantics but thats all . Playing in the MLS hasn't exactly improved his overall play ( sorry Piazza no offence meant ) . The Milan job was the one he should have taken after Madrid . I think the fact he's nearing the end of his career is making poor David push the panic button a little . It's suddenly dawned on him he probably has two years left at the top . I've no doubt he will either go into media work or some coaching role but he won't get near Old Trafford while Fergie is still i/c .

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
dublin red said:
We don't need him for starters and sorry but all the baggage that comes with brand Beckham just would not be worth the hassle . It's a great one for all the romantics but thats all . Playing in the MLS hasn't exactly improved his overall play ( sorry Piazza no offence meant ) . The Milan job was the one he should have taken after Madrid . I think the fact he's nearing the end of his career is making poor David push the panic button a little . It's suddenly dawned on him he probably has two years left at the top . I've no doubt he will either go into media work or some coaching role but he won't get near Old Trafford while Fergie is still i/c .
None taken, I've no allegiance to the MLS, hell it didn't even exist when I started to watch football and support United. I agree wholeheartedly with you as well. His move to the MLS was all about being closer to Hollywood, and he didn't even sprint in the 3 or 4 games I saw him play in here. I honestly wish he'd have never come Stateside.

I hope he does well, he was a fantastic player and a personal fave.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts