Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4346872,00.html

David Beckham is reportedly considering a return to the Premiership in a bid to prolong his international career.

The Daily Telegraph reports that the former England captain, who made his 107th appearance for his country on Wednesday in Minsk, is 'seeking' a return to England.

With LA Galaxy, Beckham's Major League Soccer side, likely to be eliminated from the end-of-season play-offs, the 33-year-old is set to be out of club action until next April unless he moves back across the Atlantic.

'Although the former England captain trained with Arsenal in January, that move failed to convince Capello that he should select Beckham for England's friendly against Switzerland in February,' the newspaper reports. 'Beckham, 33, knows he needs top-class first-team football if he is to add to his 107 England caps.

'His advisers are in talks with Arsenal about training again with Arsene Wenger's side ahead of the friendly against Germany in Berlin on Nov 19. If selected, Beckham would equal the 108-cap outfield record of World Cup-winning captain Bobby Moore. He is also interested in joining a Premier League club and is looking to get permission from LA Galaxy.'

Although the newspaper doesn't specifically say so, a loan deal may be the most feasible option for Beckham. While his box-office rating will make him an appealing prospective short-term signing for many Premiership clubs, his wages may prove a problem, if not prohibitive.
.............................................................................................

I'll believe it when i see it !!

Any bets on him going to the bitters. :D :D :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id love to see Bex back in the Prem or even in Milan as some papers are reporting.
He still has a lot to offer and I hope he can see out his great career at the 2010 World Cup.
A great player like that deserves to go out at the very top, a bit a la Zidane ;-)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Citteh anyone ? :D

i think they may have bid for him to have more plastic fans buying getting more season tickets :p

but Becks still a red at heart and he would never do that :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TheManc said:
Why is it that Beckham always trains with Arsenal? Surely we would be the 'proper' option?
cos its in London simply and Wenger doesnt seem to mind.
Dount Fergie would have him back day after day training....
Isnt 'Beckingham Palace' in London? :confused: or Im pretty sure he has a gaff there, which would make it handy.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
cos its in London simply and Wenger doesnt seem to mind.
Dount Fergie would have him back day after day training....
Isnt 'Beckingham Palace' in London? :confused: or Im pretty sure he has a gaff there, which would make it handy.
Yeah, true, although I still think Carrington would be better. He was supposedly a United fan all his life, he played during the peak of the Manutd - Arsenal rivalry - If I was him I wouldn't be seen dead there.

He has a house in Manchester aswell I think, and Gaz would let him stay with him I guess.

It just puzzled me when you consider the bad feeling between the two clubs that were there while Becks was with us.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TheManc said:
Yeah, true, although I still think Carrington would be better. He was supposedly a United fan all his life, he played during the peak of the Manutd - Arsenal rivalry - If I was him I wouldn't be seen dead there.

He has a house in Manchester aswell I think, and Gaz would let him stay with him I guess.

It just puzzled me when you consider the bad feeling between the two clubs that were there while Becks was with us.
Whatever about the bad blood between United & Arse. Becks did this for HIM
and for his international career. he has bounced back SO many times and now
has an incredible 107 caps, 1 more than Sir Bobby and just 1 behind the great
Bobby Moore. If Beckham gets capped again he will be the joint most capped
outfield player ever for England. So you could saying going to Arse will help him keep this up.
Im happy the lad is doing well for himself. He has the right to choose to train with Arsenal.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Whatever about the bad blood between United & Arse. Becks did this for HIM
and for his international career. he has bounced back SO many times and now
has an incredible 107 caps, 1 more than Sir Bobby and just 1 behind the great
Bobby Moore. If Beckham gets capped again he will be the joint most capped
outfield player ever for England. So you could saying going to Arse will help him keep this up.
Im happy the lad is doing well for himself. He has the right to choose to train with Arsenal.
Its nothing against Beckham personally. I'm as happy as anyone for him, and I hope he breaks the record amount of caps for England. He is one of my all time faviorite players (although the media circus at the end did pee me off) I just think it would be better if he trained with us and not our rivals.

Of course its all a mute point if Fergie has actually said no to him, but knowing the respect Fergie has for his former players I can't really see it.

Still, I would like to see Becks come back to Europe. Though I think he would be better in a leage like Serie A or La Liga as his biggest weakness right now is his lack of pace. He'll never lose his passing/crossing/set peice ability so a slower league would be ideal for him IMO.

·
Registered
406 Posts
TheManc said:
Its nothing against Beckham personally. I'm as happy as anyone for him, and I hope he breaks the record amount of caps for England. He is one of my all time faviorite players (although the media circus at the end did pee me off) I just think it would be better if he trained with us and not our rivals.

Of course its all a mute point if Fergie has actually said no to him, but knowing the respect Fergie has for his former players I can't really see it.

Still, I would like to see Becks come back to Europe. Though I think he would be better in a leage like Serie A or La Liga as his biggest weakness right now is his lack of pace. He'll never lose his passing/crossing/set peice ability so a slower league would be ideal for him IMO.
I dont think Sir Alex wanted/want him to be training with us. It would just create, just like you said, a media circus and Sir Alex isnt fond of that. It would draw attention into the wrong area,and might cause a loss of focus. Of course this only what I think.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keano's fan said:
I dont think Sir Alex wanted/want him to be training with us. It would just create, just like you said, a media circus and Sir Alex isnt fond of that. It would draw attention into the wrong area,and might cause a loss of focus. Of course this only what I think.
I don't think you are far wrong there with your opinion either.
United get enough of the media circus as it is and even more would
put undue pressure on United, every player and SAF when we need to
be concentrating on the league and European games we have
coming up.

Last thing we need right now is a Prima Donna and all the baggage
that comes with him ( and his "desperate for the front page look at me" plastic wife).

·
Registered
601 Posts
what a mistake he made to goto america, is he just stupid, i am not to judge anyone, but it looks more like victoria did it to start her career than beckhams.

If Beckham came back to the prem he would still make a impact. When he has came on as sub for england, he really did change the game, there was more width and Beckham will never loose his ability to cross or pass the ball.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
He really should have signed for AC Milan. His talents would have been better used at the San Siro. I don't see him returing here too play for another team. He said in the past, he couldn't see himself playing for any other team other than Man Utd..

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
i don't think he'd come back to us,even if SAF wanted him.theres probably only one club who can afford his wages...city..........
it'd be good to see him in the prem again though,he should never have gone to galaxy in the first place.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
There is abso-god-damn-lutely now way the Galaxy will let their meal ticket go to Europe, just to get injured playing for Milan.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
I hear Liverpool need a right winger..... :D

If (in the v unlikely case) he was loaned to a premier league team with a half-decent striker or 2, I would put £100 bet on him being the league top assister come the end of the season.

Anyone who says he isn't good enough anymore, or is past it etc doesn't have a clue, and need to hop off the bandwagon. As for he's too slow, when was he ever fast? - and look what he achieved.

Imagine Beckham on the right and Ronaldo on the left, the best goal scoring winger in Man Utd history and the best assisting winger in Man Utd history.

Also, as far as I know, Beckham did want to train with Man Utd but it was politely rejected by SAF. Also, his main house in England is in Hertfordshire (just outside of London) with Arsenal being the nearest club to it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts