Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
But Galliani said David will join them on practise ground.
He trained with Arsenal last year. He goes overseas to train during the MLS offseason, because the MLS doesn't follow the same calendar as other leagues. He won't play for another team.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
He trained with Arsenal last year. He goes overseas to train during the MLS offseason, because the MLS doesn't follow the same calendar as other leagues. He won't play for another team.
I dont think that either. Unless Berlusconi show Galaxy the green dough. But I dont think he will play for any team here in Europe.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
I dont think that either. Unless Berlusconi show Galaxy the green dough. But I dont think he will play for any team here in Europe.
If Beckham gets sold, or loaned it'd equal the death of the sport in my country. It would prove all of the doubters completely correct, and football fans would never hear the end of it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
If Beckham gets sold, or loaned it'd equal the death of the sport in my country. It would prove all of the doubters completely correct, and football fans would never hear the end of it.
I understand...and I guess Beckham is not the best player but the biggest name and the name to attract people to come to the games and watch on TV.

but havent we heard a lot this last summer about always "dreamt" and so on.

And I read a scary article during this summer how players and agents start to think the way the contracts now are done is going to be history and maybe as early as 2010. They kind of got a go-ahead signal from our friend Mr Blatter. This will reform the world of sport more then what Jean-Marc Bosman did.

HOPEFULLY the financial crisis will cool off that devil a bit and bury the greed deep deep down for a long time.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
I understand...and I guess Beckham is not the best player but the biggest name and the name to attract people to come to the games and watch on TV.

but havent we heard a lot this last summer about always "dreamt" and so on.

And I read a scary article during this summer how players and agents start to think the way the contracts now are done is going to be history and maybe as early as 2010. They kind of got a go-ahead signal from our friend Mr Blatter. This will reform the world of sport more then what Jean-Marc Bosman did.

HOPEFULLY the financial crisis will cool off that devil a bit and bury the greed deep deep down for a long time.
Contracts already don't mean anything. Look at Appiah, Gallas etc. Anyone who wants out of a team just has to complain and complain and complain. What'd Gallas do?

"I'll score own goals."

Then, poof! Arsenal captain, weeks later.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
Contracts already don't mean anything. Look at Appiah, Gallas etc. Anyone who wants out of a team just has to complain and complain and complain. What'd Gallas do?

"I'll score own goals."

Then, poof! Arsenal captain, weeks later.

Soon Gallas dont have to even score own goals to go where he gets the most money.;)

I guess there are other p7ayers waiting to benefit from that too.:cool:

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
AC Milan have confirmed David Beckham would be welcome to train with the club after revealing they tried to sign the midfielder last year.

Beckham is currently on the books of LA Galaxy, who he joined from Real Madrid in the summer of 2007, but the Major League Soccer season is coming to an end.

The 33-year-old is tipped to return to Europe over the winter to train with a club in order to maintain his fitness for the England team.

He trained with Arsenal during the last MLS off-season and and reports in Italy have linked him with a spell at the San Siro.

Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani admits the Italian giants did make an attempt to sign the former Manchester United ace at the time he moved to America.
No problems

"I have not heard from Beckham since the night before he was transferred to Galaxy," Galliani told a press conference.

"He was close to joining Milan before going to California, but I know nothing about the rumours going around.

"But if Beckham's wish is to train with Milan, I would have to ask coach Carlo Ancelotti, but there would be no problems for the club."

Rossoneri coach Ancelotti concedes he would not have any issues with Beckham training with his squad during the winter months.

Ancelotti said: "If Beckham would like to train with us, there wouldn't be a problem for me.

"I confirm that during a summer there was a negotiation to make him become a Milan player, but it did not go through."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_4356327,00.html

21 - 27 of 27 Posts