Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=1057284

Beckham's recent loan to AC Milan has surprised quite a few people, even me. During his minute of play during regulation time (he got subbed on the 89th minute), he had a few okay passes.
I admit he is a great player, but I seriously think that it has gone beyond the game, and its just glory-hunting for him. I personally dont see him worth the amount of money he is getting payed by Galaxy for his meager performances.

What do you guys think?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He's desperate to prolong his England career. I've never even seen him sprint in my parts. They took the armband of Landon Donovan to give it to Beckham too, I don't get it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Donovan is pretty good. The MLS is unable to keep its good players actually in the states. From what ive read, he is doing pretty well on Bayern Munich. So i doubt he regrets leaving a team like Galaxy.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
He's desperate to prolong his England career. I've never even seen him sprint in my parts. They took the armband of Landon Donovan to give it to Beckham too, I don't get it.
did they :eek: ? thats a disgrace

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Beckham still has alot to offer and I think if he could get out of that LA Galaxy contract then I think he would jump at the chance to sign for AC Milan .

Could Milan buy him I dont think so he would cost to much for a old player im afraid.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Beckham still has alot to offer and I think if he could get out of that LA Galaxy contract then I think he would jump at the chance to sign for AC Milan .

Could Milan buy him I dont think so he would cost to much for a old player im afraid.
sure thats their policy buy the best old players money can buy ;)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
Yeah, they said they weren't going to at first, then for whatever reason they did.
thats abit of a joke tbh! he shouldnt even be geting paid what he is never mind been made captain and i heard he had a hand in designing the new jerseys aswell or something :confused:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He doesn't have enough pace to play on the flanks, even in Italy, he's not strong enough, or defensively sound enough to play in the middle either, not to mention, in terms of playmaking and set pieces they have probably the best guy in the world already at their disposal, Andrea Pirlo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cantos red army said:
thats abit of a joke tbh! he shouldnt even be geting paid what he is never mind been made captain and i heard he had a hand in designing the new jerseys aswell or something :confused:
Wow, thats pushing it. like a lot.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
apoorv421 said:
Wow, thats pushing it. like a lot.
im not sure if its true or not but im pretty sure i heard it somewhere could be aloud of bull like! but if it is true its nothing short of a disgrace all due respect to beckham there are better players out there they could have got and would have been worth the value but hes not imo

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
Not sure about that, though I wouldn't doubt it. To be fair, they are kind of cool, but so were their old ones.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
He doesn't have enough pace to play on the flanks, even in Italy, he's not strong enough, or defensively sound enough to play in the middle either, not to mention, in terms of playmaking and set pieces they have probably the best guy in the world already at their disposal, Andrea Pirlo.

You have just proved your football knowledge and I respect you totally now he cant play on the wing because of lack of pace .

And he wouldnt get in the centre because the type of player he wants to be in the middle they have already and he is the master Pirlo who is a total legend!!

Every world cup or champions league game that milan play I back Pirlo to score first always around 15/1 and always pops up with a screamer !

Piazza is showing some you european fans a thing or two about football knowledge lads .

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
Not sure about that, though I wouldn't doubt it. To be fair, they are kind of cool, but so were their old ones.
as i siad its just something i heard but it more than likely isint true but ya they are pretty nice jerseys :p !

as for your points about him i agree totally i never really rated him to be honest ya he besides his passing he aint relly got that much else (still i know evry player would love to have his passing but in the modren game thats not enough)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
as i siad its just something i heard but it more than likely isint true but ya they are pretty nice jerseys :p !

as for your points about him i agree totally i never really rated him to be honest ya he besides his passing he aint relly got that much else (still i know evry player would love to have his passing but in the modren game thats not enough)

I always rated him, he was easily the cream of the set piece crop, and he's still no slouch mind you. Becks was one of those guys, who at any moment could put a ball on anyone's foot or head from any distance, not to mention the guy could flat out finish, especially from distance. He had a great workrate too.

I was doing somersaults when I heard he was transferring here, especially the form he showed at Real in his last few months there, and bigging him up to all my buddies and everything, and to see him play pretty much every game at a testimonial pace is kind of sad, I feel a bit let-down because he, along with Keano, and Ruud were my "holy trinity" so to speak.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
I always rated him, he was easily the cream of the set piece crop, and he's still no slouch mind you. Becks was one of those guys, who at any moment could put a ball on anyone's foot or head from any distance, not to mention the guy could flat out finish, especially from distance. He had a great workrate too.

I was doing somersaults when I heard he was transferring here, especially the form he showed at Real in his last few months there, and bigging him up to all my buddies and everything, and to see him play pretty much every game at a testimonial pace is kind of sad, I feel a bit let-down because he, along with Keano, and Ruud were my "holy trinity" so to speak.
hmmm i suppose but after he left us i think he lost it up unitll his last few months at madrid where he was amazing but i dont think hes worth the money hes getting paid by galaxy yano?

keano and ruud would be part of my holy trinity too back when rudd first signed but now we have a new holy (watevr number 11 is :p) and much much more ;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
hmmm i suppose but after he left us i think he lost it up unitll his last few months at madrid where he was amazing but i dont think hes worth the money hes getting paid by galaxy yano?

keano and ruud would be part of my holy trinity too back when rudd first signed but now we have a new holy (watevr number 11 is :p) and much much more ;)
A lot of the money from his Galaxy contract isn't really wages, so much as ad rights and all that, but like you said, he doesn't even really deserve that, I don't follow the MLS much, but I listen to a podcast and watch a show by an English lad (Stephen Cohen if anyone has ever heard of him) and he said barring a spate of good form here and there its almost as if he's just trying to find Posh in the stands. The games I've watched him play confirm that.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
A lot of the money from his Galaxy contract isn't really wages, so much as ad rights and all that, but like you said, he doesn't even really deserve that, I don't follow the MLS much, but I listen to a podcast and watch a show by an English lad (Stephen Cohen if anyone has ever heard of him) and he said barring a spate of good form here and there its almost as if he's just trying to find Posh in the stands. The games I've watched him play confirm that.
ya now if it was zidane id have no problem with that or ronaldo(brazillian) if he hadnot lost it like he did! because they were the best players of my era so far imo!

ya it wouldnt surprise me if that was the case or maybe rebbeca loose was sitting behind her :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:

I dont believe Becks would ever do that !

But what I will say is he is playing far below his level money runs his life and he goes where the money is .

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
I dont believe Becks would ever do that !

But what I will say is he is playing far below his level money runs his life and he goes where the money is .
agreed but still you would have to be mad to reject that sort of money! no footballer is wrth that but if ya had to choose you would pick someone like zidane ronaldo or someone like that not beckham

1 - 20 of 23 Posts