Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
When you're around people who speak differently, you tend to make the same sounds as them. That's why Friedel talks like he does. A few people I know went to England for school for a month, came back sounding like cockneys.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
When you're around people who speak differently, you tend to make the same sounds as them. That's why Friedel talks like he does. A few people I know went to England for school for a month, came back sounding like cockneys.
Exactly.
When Im in France and Im speaking English I sound like a right [email protected]
Just the way it goes.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, I used to live in England, then moved back to the US, and I still had my British accent for a while. Eventually it faded and I didn't have it at all. However, I'm lucky that I can use it whenever I want.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
forzaunited said:
i admire beckham dont care what people say
Right on!
Me too. I hope he does well at Milan and stays there instead of going back to the MLS.
I want to see Beckham go on to get more caps for England.
His story is amazing and fascinating. He has been down and out so many times
only to fight back and come back stronger.
Great player, great guy!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Right on!
Me too. I hope he does well at Milan and stays there instead of going back to the MLS.
Great player, great guy!
Agree !!!

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Right on!
Great player, great guy!
agreed.

i dont give a monkeys what people say about becks personal life or commercial activities , he has been an outstanding player for clubs and country.
he never gives less than his best , he deserves a lot more respect for what he has achieved in the game.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
thekeanefella said:
agreed.

i dont give a monkeys what people say about becks personal life or commercial activities , he has been an outstanding player for clubs and country.
he never gives less than his best , he deserves a lot more respect for what he has achieved in the game.
agree.
and even when you remember stuff like the abuse he suffered off England fans for years,
and when he was dropped by Capello at Madrid and told he would never play for
them again, only for him to fight his way back and help Madrid win La Liga.
Amazing stuff. And then there was everything he accomplished at United. top top pro.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
agree.
and even when you remember stuff like the abuse he suffered off England fans for years,
and when he was dropped by Capello at Madrid and told he would never play for
them again, only for him to fight his way back and help Madrid win La Liga.
Amazing stuff. And then there was everything he accomplished at United. top top pro.

When Beckham's head is on the brand he is poor but when he sets his goal at something he usually gets it he wouldnt be where he is today otherwise would he.

He is a true legend .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts