Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing quite a few rumours about united wanting to sign david villa who is unsettled at valencia, i have mentioned him before as one of the top choices i would have as another striker and feel he would put rooney and tevez under alot of pressure for the first team. Hopefully we can sign him as he is a great player and deadly infront of goal.

N

·
0 Posts
he costs a lot doesn't he? On FM he was like 37m (forgot currency) one of the most expensive player there

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Valencia admitted that a team could well get him if they r able 2 afford 100 million pounds to trigger his release clause in his contract deal......100 million pounds! Isn't it a bit too much?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
red_devils4life said:
Valencia admitted that a team could well get him if they r able 2 afford 100 million pounds to trigger his release clause in his contract deal......100 million pounds! Isn't it a bit too much?
That is a figure from the magical land of pixies and faries, he would cost a quater of that.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Villa is a class player, but Im surprised at these rumours. Id have thought he would be impossible to buy and pretty expensive too. With someone like him United would be unplayable, even our bench options would be deadly.
Doubt it will happen but you never know. He turned Chelsea down as well didnt he?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He only plays for valencia and apparently he is not happy there, i am not sure if they would turn down 25-30 million for him maybe even a little less.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
he's one of my fav players but he's too expensive.In the situation if we did sign him we'd probably have to play a 4-4-3 and compress the midfield

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
The_Red_Prince said:
he's one of my fav players but he's too expensive.In the situation if we did sign him we'd probably have to play a 4-4-3 and compress the midfield
so aswel as signing him,were also changing the rules of football then? :rolleyes: :D

Z

·
0 Posts
The_Red_Prince said:
if we did sign him we'd probably have to play a 4-4-3 and compress the midfield

Haha yes, 4-4-3 would certainly give us an advantage over the other teams only allowed 11 players :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Anderson's God said:
What his price is in a game and what it is in real life are 2 different things!:D

FM wouldn't lie to me........would it.......:eek: ........:D

rydersonthestorm said:
I have been hearing quite a few rumours about united wanting to sign david villa who is unsettled at valencia, i have mentioned him before as one of the top choices i would have as another striker and feel he would put rooney and tevez under alot of pressure for the first team. Hopefully we can sign him as he is a great player and deadly infront of goal.

He's a quality striker and a great all round player just like Rooney and also Tevez....

But therein could lie the problem.....3 small stocky strikers....

I think we should go for someon like Berba or Anelka to give us a different option than just replacing in a match like with like.....

Also another factor is how would we accomodate Villa.....he won't want to sit on a bench, as with Tevez and Rooney........and then what about Saha........4th choice striker....??

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
We seem to be linked to every striker in the game. During the summer alone, we were linked with Villa, Torres, Eto'o, Owen, Defoe (lol) and god knows who else...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts