Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory for England against Belarus would mean Capello is the 1st England coach in history to win all 4 opening World Cup qualifiers.

Chelsea duo Ashley Cole and John Terry have both been ruled out of the game against Belarus. Cole picked up a hamstring strain against Kazakhstan and Terry has not recovered from his back injury.

England could play Bridge, Barry or Lescott at left-back and Capello must decide whether to stick with Upson, bring in Lescott or move in Brown at centre-back.

With England looking much more comfortable with a 4-4-2 formation Capello must also decide whether to pair Gerrard and Lampard in the centre, drop 1 for Barry or play Gerrard out of position on the left.

What would you do?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see this game has captured the imagination of all our posters. :rolleyes:

Less than 3 hours until kick off and I'm hopeful that England can continue their perfect start to their qualifying campaign. With Croatia guaranteed to pick up 3 points tonight at home to Andorra, England need to maintain the points gap they have opened up.

I predict a tough 2-0 victory for England.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THAT BELARUS HAVE ALREADY MADE THAT JUMP FROM "BANANA" TEAM TO A DECENT TEAM BY THEIR WIN AGAINST THE DUTCH AND THEIR DRAWS WITH ARGENTINA AND GERMANY I PREDICT A DRAW...
Especially as England's recent results have realistically come more as product of a lucky details going their way than great displays, but nevertheless - Cepello's touch is visible !
oh and - we were unlucky not to beat ukraine overthere - it was a one way match...they didn't have a single shot on goal while we hit 2 posts and had 2 more clear cut chances...as i said - i was unfazed by the england defeat as it was a result of some small not going our way - but that's football...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Well....it will be fantastic one for me. I support England all my life,but today England will play with my country,with my Belarus!I know my team isnt strong and with not bigs players,but I hope...
Come on my guys,come on Belarus! :)

S

·
0 Posts
England team:

James, Brown, Bridge, Ferdinand, Upson, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard, Walcott, Rooney, Heskey.

3 - 1 win for England . :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
oww am an idiot the match didn't even start :eek:

Vitaly Kutuzov is a great player and hes vital as i his first name suggests

if Belarus find the good combination and if Alexander Hleb plays well and deliver the goods for Belarus strikers they can come out with a great result

also Belarus have a great defence imo (igor Shi.tov is quality young defender and am not joking watch him)

Common Belarussia :D

my predict

Belarus 1-1 Engerland

Goal Scorers

Bulyga ....... Rooney

:)

S

·
0 Posts
1942: GOAL Belarus 0-1 England
Wayne Rooney wins the ball 30 yards out in a tussle with a Belarus defender and the ball breaks to Steven Gerrard. The Liverpool captain promptly passes the ball into the bottom left-hand corner of Yury Zhaunou's net, a splendid finish and one that will leave the critics reeling.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
our goalkeeper is very good...;)

Byliga scored again...love him...in the last week he scored in the match with Zenit(8-1 Zenit won) :D

England scored,coz Gerrard is a star,Belarus scored coz they are playing so good...and better :)
Come on my team!Come on Belarus!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Rooney scores. Those words are music too my ears.
At the risk of jinxing him, i hope he doesn't Injure himself, like he has done previously, when he went on one his goal scoring runs. *Fingers crossed*

Rooooooney Scores. :D 3-1 England
The boy is on fire.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Walcott was poor tonight, hopefully hes given more time before being thrown back in, Bentley or Becks should be there...

And WTF is with Capello not having Agbonlahor or Young?

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I was actually very pleased with the team tonight, played some great football, lovely passing and

Fabio Capello

seems to have finally got a working system going and we are back to playing what I am used to seeing England play like. There were signs of it when, in the second half, last week, England changed to 4-4-2 and began playing like they believed they could do it.

Gerrard played really well, some people going a bit OTT on his game because my man of the match was very obviously Wayne Rooney. Emile Heskey deserves some praise too, and I never thought I would see myself saying that!!! Their goal was caused by Walcott not tracking his player back. Brown had been forced inside following his mark. It was all Coles fault!

Well played England, I am beginning to "believe" again ..............

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Walcott was poor tonight, hopefully hes given more time before being thrown back in, Bentley or Becks should be there...

And WTF is with Capello not having Agbonlahor or Young?
Firstly Agbonlahor is injured and secondly you seem to have a fixation with Young. Try concentrating on our own current players eh?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Belarus are a useful side nowadays, a 3-1 road victory is pretty respectable in my book.

Did Hleb play?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts