Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craig Bellamy is poised to join his eighth career club as he undergoes a medical at Manchester City.

The Welsh striker was left out of West Ham's squad for Sunday's 3-1 win over Fulham, having told club officials on Friday that he wanted to leave.

West Ham agreed a deal with City on Sunday, and Bellamy, 29, arrived in Manchester on Monday to discuss terms.

The fee is thought to be £14m, while Spurs' interest has ended after West Ham refused to do business with them.

Tottenham were Bellamy's first choice of club, but the Hammers are reluctant to sell to their London rivals and always preferred the option of selling to City.

The Wales international flew to Manchester earlier on Monday, where he met City's chief operating officer, Paul Aldridge, to thrash out the details of his move.

The development appears to have ended one of the hottest transfer stories of the January transfer window so far, despite the Hammers' desire to keep hold of a player who has four goals in his last four league games, helping the Londoners up to eighth in the table.

West Ham chief executive Scott Duxbury revealed to BBC Sport that he had rejected six bids for Bellamy, thought to be from City and Tottenham, earlier in the month.

However, BBC Sport understands Bellamy, who had a transfer request turned down at the start of last week, walked out of training on Friday after telling the club he wanted to leave.

And it now looks certain the move, the eighth of Bellamy's career, will go ahead, reuniting the striker with former Wales manager and assistant Mark Hughes and Mark Bowen.

Bowen had told BBC Sport on Thursday: "Of course we're interested in Craig Bellamy, he is a player we very much admire and we are hopeful we can bring him to Manchester City.

"We've known Craig for many years, and had him at Blackburn Rovers, and we know what he brings to any team he plays for.

"It does make me smile as I think he is one of those players who you either love or hate. But fans of teams that he has played for love him and know what he gave for their team."

I will get the money to spend on other players. We are looking at targets

Gianfranco Zola
Bellamy, who joined West Ham for £7.5m last season, has previously had spells at Norwich, Coventry, Newcastle, Celtic, Blackburn and Liverpool - and has 16 goals in 54 appearances for Wales.

Meanwhile, Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola says he will be able to use the money received for Bellamy to buy a replacement, despite the club's financial problems and suggestions owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson is looking to sell.

"If he doesn't want to stay we can't do anything about it," said Zola. "The player has told me his wishes and I respect that, so I stand by him.

"He wants to have another experience and go to another club where he might think he will get something better. Sometimes it happens.

"I will get the money to spend on other players. We are looking at targets."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7825118.stm

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Yeah they have got Bellamy and De jong going off sky sports !!!

Another 30 million spent

Thats over £100 million in six months now isnt it they have gone crazy it isnt good for the game.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah they have got Bellamy and De jong going off sky sports !!!

Another 30 million spent

Thats over £100 million in six months now isnt it they have gone crazy it isnt good for the game.
I agree. Dont Worry, im sure they will spend double that in the summer :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
30 million spent on De Jong and Bellamy.

Let them waste 30 million. Lol. De Jong is quality though. Come to think of it, HSV are really having a firesale.

Kompany, Van der Vaart, De Jong. 3 good young players. Plus they sold Van Buyten and Boularouhz a few seasons ago too.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
They have untold riches and say they want the best players in the World...and then buy Craig Bellamy. :confused:

This is obviously a Hughes signing. Bellamy was exceptional at Blackburn and I bet Hughes was disappointed when he had to sell him to Liverpool. He also would have worked with him when he managed Wales so I guess he must rate the guy.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
red dave said:
On form Bellamy is as good as anyone in my eyes off form he is a waste of time.
Don't get me wrong, Bellamy has had his moments - most notably against Barcelona in the Champions League for Newcastle - but when you can sign virtually any player in the World I don't understand why you would sign someone who is 29, has just come back from serious injury and hasn't really played well on a consistent basis since leaving Blackburn.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Can you really class Bellamy as a £14m player though.

I mean, I think he's decent. But he isn't exactly a World beater, is he?

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
manutd004 said:
Can you really class Bellamy as a £14m player though.

I mean, I think he's decent. But he isn't exactly a World beater, is he?
I agree mate. Bellamy? World Beater? Is he B*llocks, he is a tw*t, who is completely disloyal to all the football clubs he has played for. Ony the other week, I seen him saying he loves West Ham.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
He is in my list of absolute *****s along with Robbie Savage
I'm guessing you don't like the Welsh RT lol!!

Bellamy might work ok under the right guildence, and Hughes will handle him.
But they have to start somewhere, Bellamy will be out the door in 18months time when then build a better team each season.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Bellamy seals City switch
Hammers striker completes Eastlands move

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Craig Bellamy from West Ham United for an undisclosed fee.

The Wales international has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Eastlands after successfully coming through a routine medical.

City chief Mark Hughes is well aware of the player's ability having worked with him as boss of both the Wales national side and Blackburn Rovers.

In what is expected to be a busy month for City, the capture of Bellamy becomes the club's second signing of the transfer window following Wayne Bridge's move from Chelsea.

Bellamy, who will join his new team mates at their training camp in Tenerife, could make his City debut against former club Newcastle United on 28th January.

Hughes has spoken of his excitement at once more linking up with a player he has always rated highly.

"I am delighted to be working with Craig once more," he told the club's official website.

"He is an outstanding player who provides us with qualities that we are lacking slightly.

"He has blistering pace, has bags of enthusiasm, has a superb attitude to training and will be a great addition to the squad."

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
I'm guessing you don't like the Welsh RT lol!!
hahaha don't be rude,i love Giggsy and Duffy :p It must be what living in the grass does to folk,makes them complete and utter ****s on and off the ptich,also Savage sounds like a pube

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
migueldadon said:
signing bellamy for 14 mill shows that teams will try and take advantage of citiehs huge budget.
pity we dont have any rubbish to get rid of ----------mmmmmmm wait a minute how does 15 million sound for nani:D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
haggler said:
pity we dont have any rubbish to get rid of ----------mmmmmmm wait a minute how does 15 million sound for nani:D
Sounds ok, we could get Valencia for 14m then:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts