Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying not to get too excited, because I have witnessed many false dawns, but I like what I saw from Ben Foster just now. I counted 3 brilliant saves.

His shot-stopping, kicking and throwing were great and the only aspect of him I could fault was that he appeared to be short, but at the end of game when the players were congratulating each other, he seemed as tall as Fletcher and Carrick.

Wikipedia lists him at 6'2" which is fairly decent.

So all in all, I thought Ben Foster had a very good debut and he came through with flying colours. I must say that he didn't get a lot of protection from his back four, so he had quite a test.

I know it was Derby, the worst team in the league, but the two reaction saves he made were excellent and I hope that we will see many more great things from this much-touted custodian.

Glory, Glory Man Utd

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I'm trying not to get too excited, because I have witnessed many false dawns, but I like what I saw from Ben Foster just now. I counted 3 brilliant saves.

His shot-topping, kicking and throwing were great and the only aspect of him I could fault was that he appeared to be short, but at the end of game when the players were congratulating each other, he seemed as tall as Fletcher and Carrick.

Wikipedia lists him at 6'2" which is fairly decent.

So all in all, I thought Ben Foster had a very good debut and he came through with flying colours. I must say that he didn't get a lot of protection from his back four, so he had quite a test.

I know it was Derby, the worst team in the league, but the two reaction saves he made were excellent and I hope that we will see many more great things from this much-touted custodian.

Glory, Glory Man Utd
Too soon for appreciation thread. :D

And are you sure his kicking is good?!:eek:

Edit: He saved us from another embarassment though. Separate issues still.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Under pressure he's a bit suspect via kicking, but let Van Der Sar and Coton work on him and he will get better, especially with a good, strong pre-season.

Remember, he's only just come back from a long-term injury so he won't be fully match-fit.

But lads, don't get carried away with one performance. He needs to do it on a regular if he wants that shirt for keeps.

Oh, Tomasz Kuzszack, enjoy the reserves...:D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
versa said:
Too soon for appreciation thread. :D

And are you sure his kicking is good?!:eek:

Edit: He saved us from another embarrassment though. Separate issues still.
From what I observed last season when he was at Watford, his kicking is great and it was good just now too.
Especially around 79 minutes, he kicked the ball upfield so sweetly that if Rooney had an extra yard of pace, he would have been through on goal.

That sort of distribution is something we could really use.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I knew he was already a top class shot-stopper, he proved that with Watford last season with many outstanding performances.

Hopefully now he can improve with every game for us.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
He kept us in the game and his ability to use both feet is really good. He may really come in handy this year!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
What a kick foster looks the part to me this gives fergie a massive dilemema towards the end of the season for me van der saar should remain in net till next season then out with old in with the new its got to be like that for me .

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He is immense and has a bright future.
I think he will keep VDS till the end of the season then Foster will claim the no.1 spot early next season, ever since i saw him play for Watford thought he was a great shot stopper and future no.1 Eng/MU.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Congrats to him. He did a great job today. He really saved us a few times. A good sign of things to come in the future. He is just what England needs.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
He showed his immense quality today.

When your playing ***** its so relieving to know you've got a brick wall between the sticks.

He kept us in the game when we didn't deserve to be.

Man of the Match.

Big Question.
Could VDS have kept those shots out?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
NateR said:
Congrats to him. He did a great job today. He really saved us a few times. A good sign of things to come in the future. He is just what England needs.
Why does everything have to evolve around England?

If he does the job for United, I couldn't give two wags.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
Why does everything have to evolve around England?

If he does the job for United, I couldn't give a f*ck.
Mate, language!!! Any bad language used by members in shoutbox or forum will automatically result in a 1rst warning for member.

Those are the rules mate, so I would delete it if I were you before zuco or RD see your post.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Foster was amazing! I heard so much about him and after Paul Robinson scored against him I thought oh no its another one of those Barthez's where he can save the impossible but can't save the possible BUT after today I am really happy with him. Has heaps of potential. He was excellent and has the potential to be our number 1 and even england's number 1! I love him already =)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Mate, language!!! Any bad language used by members in shoutbox or forum will automatically result in a 1rst warning for member.

Those are the rules mate, so I would delete it if I were you before zuco or RD see your post.
Good work Bertie Boy ... :)

One little teeny weeny bit of advice from Carly though ...

When you warn someone about the swearing and advise them to change it
before zuco or RD sees it - in my humble and honest opinion it's not the best idea
you ever had to quote them and show us what he said originally

:p

As for Ben Foster ...

He did make a couple of great saves but God help us if VDS isn't fit again soon.

I take nothing away from Foster and he does have a great future but in the run in
to this season with BIG BIG Champions League and Premierhip games coming
up - the last thing we need is a 19 year old inexperienced goalkeeper !!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts