Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
He certainly better then Kuszack isnt and Fergie knows it .

I think the nervs of Kuszack in the game away at Derby was a bit of a nail in his coffin .

Foster looks good to me I would like you to tell me what he did wrong . He has conceded 3 in 2 which isnt great but are back line has been switched and changed and he wasnt to blame for any .

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Hmm its too early to say for me.He got wrong footed against the yids as he panicked,but there were times when he had to come out and collect high crosses and seemed to be fine.He will be better than Kuzzy and eventually our number 1.Dont forget the lad is very young and has had to cope with injuries aswell as being 3rd in line so it hasnt been plane sailing.Maybe a decent loan spell in a championship side will do him no harm.I wouldnt cast the vote this early in his career and from what SAF has said in the past he has every faith in him.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't think he's going to be good enough to be the number 1 keeper at somebody who wants to be consistently competing to be the top club in Europe. I would list his flaws but frankly there are a number of them, but his reflex reactions and distribution are good.

I would be delighted if he stayed with us as back up though

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
For the number 1 spot I don' think so and I think we'll buy a new goalie once VDS will leave United. He's not bad but also not the full quality needed to be the first choice at United. I hope I'm wrong

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think when vds goes we need to buy a quality keeper like buffon ect. We can't have foster or kuzsjak as i personally dont think they will ever be united standard but i could be proved wrong and i hope i am proved wrong.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yes, I think he is tbh.

He needs his sharpness back. After all the injury troubles he's had, he is lacking his sharpness and hasn't had enough top level football to get it back.

The problem for me would be if he can stay fit for a consistent period. If he can, and he gets games then he can be our no 1. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere imho.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He is a great no.2. VDS will be around for another season and a half at least and
is rightly our no.1. Foster will get his chances in the cups and when Edwin is injured.
We will see more of him over the next season or so and will find it easier to
assess him properly. For Watford he was top class so there is no reason why
he cant be United and England no1 in a few years.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
fergie has to make a definite decision between PIG and Ben, and then we can start to see his potential. if he is number 2, he should get every carling/fa cup game, plus a few league games. i understand why he rotates but he has to decide once and for all which player is in line to take over from edwin in a couple of years when he retires.
he needs match time to get sharp and confident. there is no doubt that he has great reflexes and is a fantastic shot stopper. i was slightly unsure about his command of the area yesterday but with rotating defences etc, it's obviously hard to come in and immediately establish a rapport with the back 4.
he has the potential, he need the games

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
He needed to go out on loan this season to get lots of appearances after missing so much last year. I think he has it, but has to get his sharpness back.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He is DEFINITELY good enough, Foster seems to have broken through to the No.2 spot, and hoepfully that means he will get a few more games this season. Anyone who saw him in that season with Watford has to say that he is top quality. He basically kept them up for as long as he could, I think he made one mistake that season, and it was a pretty bad one :p When Paul Robinson scored from about 80 yards lol. But I really believe in him, he should definitely be given his chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
he is our future number one and england number one. how many keepers are world class at his age? if he hadnt suffered that bad injury he would've proven himself by now. has he even played two successive games for us yet? he was class at watford and will be class for us in time.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Have always said, i prefer Thomasz to Foster ; He`s a better stopper in my opinion, more as a complete goalkeeper although there are many things he needs to improve. Neither of them are world class yet in my opinion and considering the fact they`re both 25+, i think they need to step up a gear especially if they really want to compete for VDS`s place. They both have conceded a big number of goals between them. Anyways, all in all i do believe they have got the talent for the job, they do belong at United, but they need to prove it and until now .. none of them have impressed (me).

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
dont think we can judge the guy 100% one way or another until he is given a decent first team run........in the premiership , not the cups- then we will find out what he's truly made of. i have my doubts but hope so much the guy is the real deal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good keeper for sure, good enough for the best team in the world?...... Er, no. No way. Simply not big enough to be the very best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ben foster if a fine young keeper give him some time, he has overcome a nuber of injurys and is playing for one of the biggest clubs on the planet remember goalkeeper peak at around 35, i have more confidencein foster then Thomas Kuszack

come on united !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
hes a lot better that kuzsjack, and if he can get some regular football for the first team then he could develop into a decent keeper for us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts