Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Justice said:
Americans cant handle Football, all of there favourite sports involve breaks or stoppages every few minutes so they can get up and get another burger or a box of taco's or just try to understand what just happened. 45 minutes must be sheer agony for them, like watching a movie.
am american and i know alot about football:mad:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
Hey everybody look at this picture of solkjaer ^ nice goal hey! Do we remember who put in the two corners for those two very important goals??
Beckham...........i just cant see how he is going to change football in America and its annoying me how theres reports on him all the time when so far imo hes done nothing

·
Registered
265 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
Beckham...........i just cant see how he is going to change football in America and its annoying me how theres reports on him all the time when so far imo hes done nothing

Im basically a massive beckham fan always have been and i agree he alone cant change a whole countrys opinion!

I just take exception to people dissing him (as you can probably tell!)

He did alot for united (like those 2 corners) and i wish all ex united players that made an impact all the best.

p.neville(thanx for the own goal)
cole
sheringham
beckham e.t.c

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
Ive nothing against romanians, its just america is famous for not getting soccer (the national hot dog eating championships get more viewing figures than MLS)

And you can put as many angry faces as you want!
you shouldnt get so angry, some people are always gonna have conflicting opinions to you !!!!
Racism is not nice - call it xenophobia if you like - this is a fear or dislike of foreigners - racism !!!

Racism makes me angry so I use the angry face.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
I'm not racist-i hate all foreigners equally! (just kidding:) :) )

now drop it ya boring me!
I was hoping maybe you might apologise to our American friends but you dont want to !!!

I dont drop things because you tell me to - I drop things when I am ready to.

I wasn't being nasty to you ok - I just found those comments aimed at ALL Americans to be offensive as I think they did too........

·
Registered
265 Posts
Justice said:
Americans cant handle Football, all of there favourite sports involve breaks or stoppages every few minutes so they can get up and get another burger or a box of taco's or just try to understand what just happened. 45 minutes must be sheer agony for them, like watching a movie.

this is also a generalisation notice!

have a go at him!

I dont appologise to anyone who offends beckham.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
this is also a generalisation notice!

have a go at him!

I dont appologise to anyone who offends beckham.
Yes and I am sure Justice will read this too and realise the error of his way - and then be man enough to apologise for these remarks.

If neither of you can be bothered to say sorry for being so rude about these guys then I will apologise on your behalf OK......good manners cost nothing you know !

·
Registered
11 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
Im basically a massive beckham fan always have been and i agree he alone cant change a whole countrys opinion!

I just take exception to people dissing him (as you can probably tell!)

He did alot for united (like those 2 corners) and i wish all ex united players that made an impact all the best.

p.neville(thanx for the own goal)
cole
sheringham
beckham e.t.c
I am sorry that Beckham's association with Tom Cruise will always have him caught in a whirlwind of bad press. I don't accept his excuse that he views changing the opinions of the American soccer public as his "greatest challenge in football." I have played the game of football my whole life, and have always looked up to Beckham as a personal hero. I have a problem with him taking the easy path to early retirement, by letting his obvious skills go to waste, in the worst football environment possible. You say it's not about the money DanFelixBuffy. Give me a better reason for his decision to enter football's version of Siberia?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey dont appologise to me on beckhams behalf.:)

Whats wrong with tom cruise-hes just an actor?

Hes my footie hero,just look at my shirts like the 99' one mum got me for my 18th.

Ive already mentioned why he went there anyway
He was out of the madrid side, out of the england side.Everybody (except me) thought he wouldnt get back in. so he made a decision mainly influenced by his wife who wanted to go to the showbiz capital of the world to rekindle her career. And he went to america, and im sure he had the idea of going there before he knew how much he'd be getting!

I think hes made the wrong decision but it doesnt mean i dont care about what happens to him anymore thats because im a real fan loyal like. And theres nothing anyone can say to change my mind!

I was loving it when he got back in the england side, and crossed in for terry's goal against brazil.

My favourite goals are the late free kick against greece, and of coarse the penalty against argentina and the following cellabration good times:)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
USAMANCHESTERUTD.FAN said:
I am sorry that Beckham's association with Tom Cruise will always have him caught in a whirlwind of bad press. I don't accept his excuse that he views changing the opinions of the American soccer public as his "greatest challenge in football." I have played the game of football my whole life, and have always looked up to Beckham as a personal hero. I have a problem with him taking the easy path to early retirement, by letting his obvious skills go to waste, in the worst football environment possible. You say it's not about the money DanFelixBuffy. Give me a better reason for his decision to enter football's version of Siberia?
I have an opinion similar to yours USA - his greatest challenge would have been staying fit enough and consistent enough to play for Real Madrid week after week and playing a major part in England's future.......but he choose to go to America and trying to get the Americans to start to love this game - this is never going to happen - they love American 'football', baseball and basketball !!!

500,000 pounds a week was a pretty good incentive !!!!

At the end of the day Beckham has dissed all European football fans and gone after the dollars !!!

They say the truth hurts - but as Winston Churchill say:

"The truth is incontravertible......
Malice may attack it.......
Ignorance may deride it......
But in the end...........
THERE IT IS ... !!!!"

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I think, like carly says, he has gone for the $$$$ but also a massive factor in this was his stick insect wife. She can strut her funky stuff along Hollywood Boulevard and inflate her ego to enormous proportions now by pretending to be the superstar that she isn't.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Red Devil said:
I think, like carly says, he has gone for the $$$$ but also a massive factor in this was his stick insect wife. She can strut her funky stuff along Hollywood Boulevard and inflate her ego to enormous proportions now by pretending to be the superstar that she isn't.

Sounds like the similar reasons why he was shipped over to Madrid by Sir Alex.

·
Registered
265 Posts
beckham was out of the madrid side, with capello publicly stating that he'd never play for them again!

he got back in the side but by then he'd already signed the contract-after the final game for madrid he said he wished he wished he could've stayed(well he very much elluded to that) he and capello both knew they'd made a mistake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beckham would have been better going to Accrington Stanley than LA Galaxy...the satndard of play over there is so dyer.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
his greatest challenge would have been staying fit enough and consistent enough to play for Real Madrid week after week and playing a major part in England's future.......but he choose to go to America and trying to get the Americans to start to love this game - this is never going to happen - they love American 'football', baseball and basketball !!!

500,000 pounds a week was a pretty good incentive !!!!

At the end of the day Beckham has dissed all European football fans and gone after the dollars !!!
agreed........surely he could of went to a better club than LA Galaxy (werent AC Milan after him for example?) but no.....they must not of offered him the money.

He's taken the easy route.........money and a team where he'll have very little competition. Wheres his hunger and fight gone?

One thing - since football in the USA aint to good, where are LA Galaxy getting all this money?!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Stupid Wife, Ruined Life.
Idiot. I know hes not the complete player, I mean all he can do is knock balls around with his right foot, but he could still make a big impact in games. Instead hes just given in to what his stupid bitch of a wife wants and ruined his career.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Balrog

danfelixbuffy said:
poor beckham why did he go to such a poor league.

you cant change the americans minds to love soccer-their all idiots
i blame his nob head missus,trying to rekindle her pathetic career in the show biz capitol of the world! (all he ever wanted to do was play for united)
HEY.NOT ALL PEOPLE IN THE US ARE IDIOTS.I WATCH PREM. AND CHAMP.LEAGUE.
YOU CANT STEREOTYPE THE US LIKE THAT,WE ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT HAS FANS FROM ANY PART OF THE WORLD.MLS IS GETTING BETTER WITH HELP FROM
GLOBAL STARS. IM NOT SAYING BECKHAM IS ANSWER, BUT IVE NOTICED ALOT
MORE TALK ABOUT SOCCER ON BIG CHANNELS.

I THINK IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHO WOULD WIN BETWEEN
US NATIONAL TEAM AND ENGLAND?:D

MAYBE ARE MEN ARE IDIOTS?BUT ARE WOMENS NATIONAL TEAM IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD FOR HOW MANY YEARS NOW???:D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
BALROG said:
HEY.NOT ALL PEOPLE IN THE US ARE IDIOTS.I WATCH PREM. AND CHAMP.LEAGUE.
YOU CANT STEREOTYPE THE US LIKE THAT,WE ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT HAS FANS FROM ANY PART OF THE WORLD.MLS IS GETTING BETTER WITH HELP FROM
GLOBAL STARS. IM NOT SAYING BECKHAM IS ANSWER, BUT IVE NOTICED ALOT
MORE TALK ABOUT SOCCER ON BIG CHANNELS.

I THINK IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHO WOULD WIN BETWEEN
US NATIONAL TEAM AND ENGLAND?:D

MAYBE ARE MEN ARE IDIOTS?BUT ARE WOMENS NATIONAL TEAM IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD FOR HOW MANY YEARS NOW???:D
many better players have gone to america before beckham ( best, pele,beckenboeur , bobby moore) just to name a few they all failed to bring the mls up to the european standard. lets face facts beckham has gone for the money and the money alone- beckham was offered contracts from madrid, both milan clubs and a host of prem clubs he turned them all down for the money- yea he says he wants to make the mls massive- he's got no chance the yanks have there own sports and most people in america dont even know who beckham is- the ones that do are either the minority *soccer* fans and the rest that know him know him coz of his wife and tom cruise!

as regard to usa playing england not one usa squad player would make it into the england squad!

·
Registered
49 Posts
lol well i aint a fan os usa or anything but i think howard who have a chance he is doing good with everton but other then that no one i could see making it lol

21 - 40 of 41 Posts