Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i got this off my mate so sorry if its inaccurate or anything ...

Rafael Benitez's record for the first 150 games ... 150 PL games is W81 D35 L34
Gerard Houlliers record for the first 150 games ... 150 PL games was W81 D35 L34

So why is it that Houllier got sacked so quickly yet the majority of L'Pool fans think Rafa is the man to lead them to so much glory, should Rafa be sacked because 34 losses out of 150 is almost a loss every 4 games :confused: So why is he still there ?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Simple cos he got them to 2 European Cup finals.
We all know they havent been doing it in the league (HAHAHA)
but can you really sack a guy who has led them to 3 semi's in 4 years (I think)
and 2 finals in that time? All that with a pretty average squad as well.
Credit where credit is due, Benitez knows how to do well in Europe,
mainly down to his weird rotation policies.
Anyway thats more than enough talk on the Scousers for now.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True this is what i said to my mate but deep down the Pool fan's really want the premier league and to do so i would say that Benitez has to go, but oh well.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
If they want to win the Premier League they need a lot more than 2/3 world class
players. More than half my mates support the Scousers so I have this debate
every weekend. Even though most of them cant admit it, the ones that have
some knowledge know that they are missing great players.
I always ask them this question....
'How many Pool players would actually get into United's first team?'
can you think of more than 2?
answer=no ;-)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Its the cup competitions which are keeping rafa in there atm...houlier did okay in the uefa cup and league cup but they are the micky mouse cups and rafa is doing it in the fa cup and champions league...thats the difference lol

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i agree i think if they were to go out of the champions league early on for example 2nd round then Benitez would have nothing to fall back on! Also, i think that in every position we overpower them, my mate always says that our midfield is poor and that anyone could walk into it, but really Gerrard carries them.
There best players are Torres/Gerrard and Mascherano isnt too bad either but apart from that i wouldnt think twice about any of there other players.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'll be surprised if Benitez is there next season.

But, Houllier was sacked for supposedly never being any close to winning the Premier League. He won 6 trophies in 6 years at Liverpool.

Benitez is no closer to winning the title, so he should really only get another 2 years if your going on that criteria. ^

One things for certain though. Their both crap in the transfer market :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts