Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few Chelsea and United encounters were very similar in a way. It would but United getting the first goal, but United would find it difficult to keep that lead and loose that Midfield and attacking linkup in the Chelsea pressure or crucial part of the game.

I would prefer berba to play, he should give us that composure upfront when the pressure really mounts and help the midfield to get forward and still continually help penetrate chelsea in the last third. It will be all about how we handle possession throughout each position of the team and hoping for tevez or rooney linkup up well with berba allowing the midfield to get forward.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For such a crucial game, Id like Tevez to play instead of Berbatov. I just feel berba lacks a little bit of confidence at the moment. Tevez is a lot stronger. So I want Tevez

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would have berba and tevez, i agree tevez is stronger, but when it comes to holding up a ball or getting ur head on the ball when the defender is up ur arse you need a tall physical player to get better of terry. tevez will also be crucial but berba would be more crucial because if he plays this role and works i think we will see much more possesion arround the last third of the pitch

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Berbatov has to play - thre's no two ways about it.

If he's fit he's got to play. He's one of the few strikers that gave man utd AND Chelsea defenders a tough time last season and he needs to play.

If he's fit, he should partner Tevez.

Yep... there I said it. On current form, if I had to drop on our three main strikers it would Rooney. I never thought I would say it, but there you have it.

*opens the door and tuns*

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Tevez,he's going to be more of a handful..berba is great but its got to be mr.Tevez. Terry won't be able to keep up with him.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Terry WHO ?
Rooney for Carvalho
Tevez for Cravalho as cravalho is going to be looking after jt mistakes and the mistake is not marking tevez

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would definitely play Berbatov and i'd play Rooney off him. I know on current
form Tevez probably deserves to start but i think off the bench Tevez can be
far more effective than Rooney. Tevez could come on with half an hour to go
and will run everwhere till the end. Chelsea's tired legs won't be able to pick him
up. Whereas i think Rooney would come on, probably ****ed off about not
starting, and i could see him going into a tackle a bit to strong straight away and
he might pick up a booking or worse instead of helping the team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts