Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Berba Did not Celebrate ?

I found this on some website , asking the reason why Dimi did not celebrate yesterday.

Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov isn’t usually a beaming ray of sunshine, but you can usually count on him to convey some expression of delight after scoring. After breaking his Manchester Utd duck in Denmark last night, however, he looked like a child who had just been told his puppy has been run over, and he barely mustered a smile when he bagged a second.

So why no celebration? Is he ashamed of his anonymous start with the Red Devils? Or is he just too cool for school?

I think this was definitely more relief than anything else of having got off the mark for Man Utd.

Also, I think he was embarrassed to score the first goal as it was a howler by the defender!

I Don’t Think That There Is A Reason !!

Rooney Didn’t Celeberate Too

Maybe Becaue It’s ‘ Aalborg ‘ ?

·
Banned
28 Posts
Yet Ronaldo Scored A Penalty That Wasnt Even A Penalty And Celebrated
I Think Berba Didnt celebrate Because What Has He Done? Scored Two Against Aalborg
When He Scores A Hatrick Against The Scouse Scum He Will Celebrate.
However He Did Smile On The Second Goal :D Which is Good

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Who cares, if he didn't score people would be calling for him to be dropped for Tevez or Rooney, it was Aalborg we were playing not AC Milan.
Anyway i couldn't care less if he never smiled just as long as he scores more and plays beautiful football.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
OMG ppl get bitchy about not celebrating.....he didnt celebrate clearly because he hasnt been with us long, hes new to the team....although we paid alot of money for him he still needs to connect with life at united and learn to love the club then he will be celebrating! it means more to score when you have been with a club longer...i said to my mate i bet he wont celebrate beacuse its not really right to is it? really?
Im so happy berba is here, and all im reading is negativity about him not scoring, not moving on the pitch..now not celebrating.....he is pure class, his first touch is near good or better than dennis bergkamps! he was sprayin the ball around comfotably although it was aalborg...most attacks went through him or ronaldo...berba will be a big difference in games against madrid, milan, or barca in the CL...evryone will see that

·
Registered
846 Posts
sean2689 said:
OMG ppl get bitchy about not celebrating.....he didnt celebrate clearly because he hasnt been with us long, hes new to the team....although we paid alot of money for him he still needs to connect with life at united and learn to love the club then he will be celebrating! it means more to score when you have been with a club longer...i said to my mate i bet he wont celebrate beacuse its not really right to is it? really?
Im so happy berba is here, and all im reading is negativity about him not scoring, not moving on the pitch..now not celebrating.....he is pure class, his first touch is near good or better than dennis bergkamps! he was sprayin the ball around comfotably although it was aalborg...most attacks went through him or ronaldo...berba will be a big difference in games against madrid, milan, or barca in the CL...evryone will see that
I agree with what you have said.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
Lol he was lazy, TIRED to run here and there to celebrate.

Hehehe

On saturday he will keep some energy to celebrate his goal lol.

your probabley right him being too tired to celebrate , but very good players who know they are good rarely run around like they won the lottery just for scoring a goal. cantona used to stick his chest out and look at the crowd ,berbatov is of a similar style and will keep his energy in the quest of scoring another goal and before i get snowballed berbatov ain't as good has king eric but i do find his classy passing and awarness very similar !time will tell.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Alright..we have nothing to worry really, cut out all the assumption, to me its a good thing after all .....;)

Berba 'embarrassed' despite brace

Wed 01 Oct, 03:30 PM

Dimitar Berbatov might have scored his first goals for Manchester United last night but the Bulgarian was in no mood to celebrate.After a three-game barren streak, Berbatov finally hit the net against Danish minnows Aalborg.

First he darted on to a loose ball when Thomas Augustinussen mis-controlled and slammed a shot home. Then he converted a spectacular scissor-kick after Cristiano Ronaldo had crossed from the right.

But on neither occasion did Berbatov react with any more than a Denis Law-style arm in the air. Indeed, his acknowledgement of his opening goal for United was so understated, it made you wonder whether he was actually happy at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson's £30.75million record buy quickly put the record straight.

It was not United he was unhappy with. It was himself.

In failing to convert the easiest of first-half chances, Berbatov had raised his own hackles.

His languid on-pitch demeanour may have been the subject of bar-room debate but the 27-year-old realises his price tag brings an expectancy he had not matched.

"I did not celebrate the first goal because I was still angry with myself for missing the first chance," he admitted.

"On that occasion, my shot was not right at all, in fact I was embarrassed by it.

"When you pay so much money for someone you should score chances like that.

"I was disappointed with the first one. Sometimes in a game you might only get one opportunity and I was trying to score.

"But I guess the most important thing was that we won."

If Berbatov is going to be so hard on himself, United fans should have no fears about his determination to succeed.

Although the forward's temperament was often called into question at Tottenham, where he was accused of going missing on a regular basis despite his impressive scoring record, Berbatov accepts now he is operating on a completely different level.

Certainly there will be very few opportunities to coast, which might not always be down to the opposition.

Aalborg were always going to be beaten last night once Wayne Rooney had opened the visitors' account but with Carlos Tevez sat on the bench, Berbatov had to keep working, otherwise he knows his place will be in jeopardy.

Not that he would have it any other way.

"Of course the pressure is there to score," he said. "Hopefully I can deal with that and handle it in a positive way.

"I feel happy playing in this team. It is everything I thought it would be.

"Ryan Giggs has been here since the beginning and says he never wanted to go anywhere else. I don't want to go anywhere either."

It would be a surprise if Berbatov thought any other way, but as time passes he will understand each game is of massive significance to United. And most must be won.

Ewood Park on Saturday is a case in point as United look to maintain their momentum by overcoming Paul Ince's improving Blackburn outfit.

They will have to do so without Paul Scholes and, probably, Rooney following the respective knee and ankle injuries they sustained in Denmark.

Scholes suffered medial ligament damage after 16 minutes of the Champions League clash and is out for 10 weeks.

The situation regarding Rooney is slightly more ambiguous as the striker tried to continue after taking a blow to the ankle inside the Aalborg penalty area, eventually limping away before he indicated he could not continue.

If he misses the Blackburn game, Rooney's place in Fabio Capello's England squad for World Cup matches with Kazakhstan and Belarus would be in considerable doubt as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts