Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dimitar Berbatov will not have the chance to get one over his former club in the Carling Cup final after Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson left the striker out of his squad to face Tottenham.
Ferguson has named a strong squad for Sunday's showdown at Wembley, with Edwin van der Sar the only other notable absentee alongside Berbatov.
The Bulgarian scored a penalty in last season's final as Tottenham came from behind to beat Chelsea.
Ferguson has promised Darron Gibson and Danny Welbeck they will start at Wembley as the pair have shown plenty of promise for the Old Trafford outfit this term already

i said "hardly a surprise" cos fergie had already promised that he'd play a young team

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
No surprises there. Tevez and Welbeck should be our strike force as they've contributed immensely in us getting to the final. Would be harsh if Fergie dropped one of them to accommodate Berba.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
No, no surprises really.

He wouldn't be involved even if he was in the squad anyway, as Tevez, Welbeck and Rooney (considering his fitness) would be first choices to make appearances.

·
Registered
773 Posts
no surprise !!......yeah, welbeck-tev combination in the carling make us a finalist, plus they both need game and we need to rest other for our busy month....we need to keep tev happy...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Finally, i thought he is indispensable :p

I hope Welbeck and Tevez do get the chance and a rooney on the bench is a must, he might come handy..

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Wouldn't be suprised to see Welbeck on the wing and Rooney and Tevez up top.

Or two start with one on the bench.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i cannot believe the slating berba took after the inter game , fergie should have put him on the bench at least.
i hope he scores the winner in the champions league final and shut them all up

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Van der sar is out ?
Foster were doomed :p

imo Berba should have been picked for the subs we need such kind striker when we are out of choices and we are lacking the creativity to open the play

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cannot believe the slating berba took after the inter game , fergie should have put him on the bench at least.
i hope he scores the winner in the champions league final and shut them all up
he took the slating for moaning imo...

he's been here, what 7-8 months and he's already talking bull to the press - do your talking on the pitch

if you can't - there are guys waiting who proved they can

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I hope Welbeck starts and will be super chuffed if he scores.

Berba will be tired after the Inter game and the players that got United to the final deserve the chance to win the final.

·
Registered
135 Posts
im a big fan of tevez and am glad that he will get another chance to prove his worth. berba was such an ass after that inter match.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Ironic how Berbatov stated he wants to join
United for trophies and he's not in the CWC
final or the CC final.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ironic how Berbatov stated he wants to join
United for trophies and he's not in the CWC
final or the CC final.
He has bigger trophies to fry though (Prem, CL, FaC)

also, the fact it is Spurs, do you think Fergie left him out cos of that so he doesnt get injured or given dogs abuse from the Yids?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Welbeck and Rooney will start up top, I think, with Tevez coming on for Wayne at some point.

No surprises Berba is left out.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He has bigger trophies to fry though (Prem, CL, FaC)

also, the fact it is Spurs, do you think Fergie left him out cos of that so he doesnt get injured or given dogs abuse from the Yids?
*ahem* errrm, I think you fry fish and win trophies :laugh:

I agree though jazz, this will be no big loss to Berbatov, he came here to win the Premiership and the European cup - and lets hope he will!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.