Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Anybody else think this could be a ploy by Fergie so Berba doesn't have to play the internationals? :whistling:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saturday then the Italians on Wednesday:thumbsup:

glad hes not playing and hopefully he will be fit for the villa game too! can anyone see Danny Wellbeck starting if hes not?
ye have 2 tough games,if berba is out of the villa game i think wellbeck and tevez would be a decent cf pairing.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
ye have 2 tough games,if berba is out of the villa game i think wellbeck and tevez would be a decent cf pairing.
hopefully we will get 4 points and if we do id say we will qualify!

ya i think he deserves his chance hes been on fire for the reserves and maybe that could lead to macheada on the bench :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has been ruled out of the Bulgaria squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Republic of Ireland and Cyprus with an ankle injury.

The Bulgaria captain sustained the injury in his club's 2-0 defeat to Fulham yesterday, where he was substituted at half-time.

"There's no chance of Berbatov playing against Ireland and Cyprus," said Bulgaria team doctor Mihail Iliev. "The injury will prevent any kind of football-related activity for the next two weeks.

"I have talked to the Manchester United medical staff and I am expecting a fax with the details of the medical scans.

"We are talking about a muscle tear, which means his foot will be immovable for two weeks. It is most likely that he aggravated his old ankle injury."

It is a big blow for Bulgaria coach Stanimir Stoilov, who is already without Manchester City winger Martin Petrov and Leicester defender Alexandar Tunchev.

Bulgaria, who are third in Group Eight with only three points from three games, play at Croke Park on March 28 before playing Cyprus at home four days later.

Berbatov's injury will also be a worry to United coach Sir Alex Ferguson, with fellow striker Wayne Rooney facing suspension following his red card yesterday.

Link

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
As an Irish United fan, very bittersweet news.

Hopefully he'll be okay for Villa, he and Tevez were playing well together before Rooney came back from Injury.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
only good news for the irish:thumbsup:
Just to mention that Bojinov and Petrov from Manchester City are also out of the game because of injuries.

We will be without our 3 best players. /TBH the only good players ;)/

3-0 for you - My prediction

The problem is that he will not be ready for Villa IMO. He will even not move his leg for about 10 days according to our press. And after that they will decide how to treat him. This sounds to me like about at least 20 days. And the problem is that he had the same problem against Inter. Lets hope it is not so serious problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts