Manchester United Talk banner

Berba's future at Spurs in doubt

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  RichardsReds 
I wouldn't want to see Dimitar Berbatov pulling on a United shirt & here's why. I don't think Fergie would buy him because of his terrible attitude problems. He's a natural sulker with huge egoistic traits - especially one who's exceptionally good when on song - and has no respect for both the team or his manager. He's a bigger sulker than what Henry & Ruud was.

His commitment is questionable and even his agent declared that when his team is not playing well, Berbatov kind off switches off! No, what we need are match winners. Personally, i don't think SAF will be willing to keep Rooney or Tevez on the bench. Do you think Berbatov will be satisfied to sit on the bench? He'll moan and destroy the harmonious team spirit that we've got already.

There were suggestions in the summer that Berbatov, after a successful season in the Premiership and having been linked with a move to Manchester United, had returned to Bulgaria rather full of himself. That, in fairness, is not an uncommon accusation when players from Europe's smaller leagues return home having made it big, but the complaints were given credence by Berbatov's reaction to Bulgaria's 2-0 defeat to Holland in a Euro 2008 qualifier in September.

In the dressing room after the game, Berbatov, who is captain of his country and their highest-profile player, laid into his team-mates, blaming the goalkeeper, Dimitar Ivankov, for an error that cost a goal, attacking the defence for their supposed sloppiness, and accusing the midfield of making his job impossible by failing to supply him with passes of sufficient quality. That he himself had missed two highly presentable chances was ignored.

It was that incident that really set the anti-Berbatov reaction in motion, and it has snowballed since. There have been reports that he has fallen out with Aston Villa's Stilian Petrov and that he lectured the national coach Dimitar Penev, and he had a well-publicised row with a fan following a recent friendly. His apparent reluctance to come on as a substitute in the 3-1 defeat at Newcastle only confirmed the impression of a sulking prima donna.

Nemanjaaa said:
Yes yes yes!
We need him hes class no would should moan about this because if it happens it will be fantastic! Simple as we need an out and out striker!
Yeah, United do need an out-and-out striker, but Berbs? I could easily name 10 other players who are better than him in his own position ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.