Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who thinks going for these two would be a step in the wrong direction? I cannot see why our fast paced attacking football would benefit from being slowed down by the clumsy work of Hunterlaar and the doting slow moves of Berbatov.

Sure, these two are in the top 20-15 maybe even 10 strikers in Europe but they would merely slow us down.

If we need to go for a striker, which doesnt look likely now that we have Manucho and Saha doesnt seem to be in crutches consistently, we MUST buy someone with a fast paced attacking mind, and the legs to match.

We need a striker like Benzema or Eto'o if were going to dip into the market.

Now come and insult me and tell me I'm an idiot :p

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Samuel Eto'o.....is a great striker, but the problem is that Barca will never ever sell him! Karim Benzema is a better solution, young, fast, hungry & loves scoring loads of goals! ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
id go with that to a degree, but at the same time maybe berbatov would offer something different that we dont have!

id love benzema out of all of them and id say fergie would want him the most! he really wants to leave a legacy behind and benzema would add to the young attacking tallent the next manager will inherit!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well Benzema wud be a gr8 signing,supposedly we have berba on our radar huntelaar will be an average option i wud like to see rossi back he's just wat we need or Zlatan Ibrahimović wud be gr8 buy even kenwyne jones wud be a gr8 deal

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
benzema wont come
id love for saha and manucho to get prober chances but with saha you can never tell
and manucho might be a flop
but if benzema dont come i dont se fergie moving for anyone else

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Well, we might not need anybody else. Roovez works, despite what the critics were saying before the season began. Saha is the big question mark though. He's fit, and getting match fitness now. He scored against Newcastle, so he should get some more confidence. If he can stay healthy the rest of the season (knock on wood), then he'll have a very good opportunity to get some goals in there and go on a run. We're playing great, and if Saha capitalizes on that, we might not need anybody else. And Manucho is coming next season, so we will need some time to judge him and see what's what with him. So we might not need a striker this summer.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I agree. Forget Berbatov and Hunterlaar. Benzema's potential is far greater and he is just what we need. He's going to be a Legend 1 day and It'd be great if he was playing for us.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
NO BENZEMA! I don't know why I feel this way but something deep in my guts says this could backfire tremendously. With Rooney/Tevez as first choice pairing I can't help but believe that Benzema won't take well to being third choice at all. For me that's what makes the signing of Manucho so brilliant. He's unknown so he won't have a tantrum abut being on the bench for a while yet he's different to our current first choice pairing and shown he's got a bit of skill. Incidentally does anyone know how he's doing at Panthiakos?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
dlan4327 said:
NO BENZEMA! I don't know why I feel this way but something deep in my guts says this could backfire tremendously. With Rooney/Tevez as first choice pairing I can't help but believe that Benzema won't take well to being third choice at all. For me that's what makes the signing of Manucho so brilliant. He's unknown so he won't have a tantrum abut being on the bench for a while yet he's different to our current first choice pairing and shown he's got a bit of skill. Incidentally does anyone know how he's doing at Panthiakos?
You make some very good points. As much as it would be great
to sign a Benzema or a Berbatov etc... we still have quality strikers
at the club and if it aint broke dont fix it........
With the emergence of Nani and co. we can always put
Ronnie up front if we are stuck. And thats not a bad thing,
though he is far more effective coming in off the wing.
So if Saha remains fit and Manucho comes good
then we should be alright Id think????
What does everyone else think?
Do we need a striker as backup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts