Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berbatov was the poorest performed player in the Arsenal game. His performance was very unconvincing. Don't know why Sir Alex insists to let him play even though being helpless to the attacking.

Berbatov makes me recall Juan Verón.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
excluding young rafael please tell me a player who was convincing today .for berbatov to shine utd must get a solid midfield formation because our defenders are seeing more of the ball than our attackers if the truth is told. vds and neville are a liability to this team and the whole defence is wobbling because of these two in our big games.

Z

·
0 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Yep and Berbatov has had 9 in the last 10.

he's scored 1 goal in 10 premier league games
He's scored four in the Champions League.

How many games did Tevez play for us before his first goal? About ten wasn't it?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Get a grip fellas!

Some people are talking as if Berbatov is the cause for world hunger. The guy just played his 11th game for United and so far has 5 goals and 6 assists. Tell me some one else with a better goals+assists/game ratio?

He had a bad game today? Tell me who didn't? It's not as if he missed three or four sitters you know. He never had a proper supply today. What do you expect him to do? Run around the pitch like a headless chicken?

Jeez! get off our players' backs!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Why do people expect him to produce a peice of magic ever munite of every match?

I thought he played quiet well, he set up Ronaldo quite a few times in the first half aswell as players like Park.

Just because he didn't score a hattrick or get a couple os asists doesn't mean he's had a bad game.

Ronaldo was the worst of the lot, yet he isn't getting any heat. People are just looking for excuses to criticize him so they can say "I was right about him".

·
23,699 Posts
TheManc said:
Why do people expect him to produce a peice of magic ever munite of every match?

I thought he played quiet well, he set up Ronaldo quite a few times in the first half aswell as players like Park.

Just because he didn't score a hattrick or get a couple os asists doesn't mean he's had a bad game.

Ronaldo was the worst of the lot, yet he isn't getting any heat. People are just looking for excuses to criticize him so they can say "I was right about him".
I don't think Berbatov played well today or made any meaningful impact for the team but he was not as bad as some put it.

Still, I think there are also some valid genuine concerns from fans alike, generally speaking, especially after fluffing 3 chances in midweek for his previous game before this. Besides, 3 months have already passed so he is not exactly 'new' in our set up anymore. And of course, he is not new to EPL or the teams that we play.

Personally, I prefer to wait till the latter stages of the season....

Ronaldo could not have been "the worst of the lot". He was our only threat!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
TheManc said:

I'm with versa on this one.

Berba blew hot and cold through out the match and went missing for chunks of the match. Whether he's getting the service he deserves is debatable.

you;re right that we can't blame berba or any one player for a bad game and Berba was as good / as poor as anybody else on the pitch save Anderson and Park.

HOWEVER, there were a couple of balls into the box where NOBODY was there and pardon me, but that is what we were calling for in the summer - a clinical striker to be at the right place at the right time and who could put the ball in the net.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
I don't think Berbatov played well today or made any meaningful impact for the team but he was not as bad as some put it.

Still, I think there are also some valid genuine concerns from fans alike, generally speaking, especially after fluffing 3 chances in midweek for his previous game before this. Besides, 3 months have already passed so he is not exactly 'new' in our set up anymore. And of course, he is not new to EPL or the teams that we play.

I agree. Good post.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I agree with this also :)

Berbatov will never be on the end of the majority of chances because he plays too deep (and always has done at tottenham) and doesn't sprint forward on a break with the rest of the attackers.

Very often the midfielders are ahead of him on a break.

Berba has great touch but he is not good enough for Utd, he is only half the player we need.

If he could add to his game PACE, HARD WORK and SOME BALLS he would be a United player but sadly he will never have these skills. He fell over a few times on his bottom like a child against men and he was only playing against Arsenal who have been criticised for being soft.

I am not blaming him for todays loss, but it proves he is a luxury player who looks good against lesser teams.

When the going gets tuff Berba vanishes ! ask the Spurs fans !

RedForceRising said:
I'm with versa on this one.

Berba blew hot and cold through out the match and went missing for chunks of the match. Whether he's getting the service he deserves is debatable.

you;re right that we can't blame berba or any one player for a bad game and Berba was as good / as poor as anybody else on the pitch save Anderson and Park.

HOWEVER, there were a couple of balls into the box where NOBODY was there and pardon me, but that is what we were calling for in the summer - a clinical striker to be at the right place at the right time and who could put the ball in the net.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everytime we don't perform well, Berbatov gets the blame...

I'm sorry, but Rooney could've had at least 5 goals today.. Nobody blames him. Tevez did absolutely nothing when he came on, nobody blames him. Carrick missed pass after pass, nobody blames him.

I wish some people would shut the **** up blaming Berbatov for everything! The whole team was at fault for our loss, not just Berbatov.

****ing idiots..

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He had a poor game today, yeah no doubts about that, very small contribution. 10 games in the league for us is it? Well 3 of them have been away at Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea, not exactly easy games. Give him more time, he'll come good.

I agree with the post above ^^ Rooney was probably our worst player today, he missed two decent chances where he could of made the keeper work.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
give the lad a break, he has just eleven games for us, sure he wasnt impressive at all for us today but believe his performance will improve.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
versa said:

Did Ronaldo even have a shot today? He was very, very quiet. Today I was even asking him to be more selfish as at times it seemed as if he just didn't want to take it past Clichy, so he'd cross it to Rooney and Park - not exactly the best threats in the air.

Berbatov set up the chance where Ronaldo pulled the ball back and Rooney skied it, he also, when under alot of pressure, managed to keep hold of the ball and played it out wide, usually to Park. He did a lot of quiet things that kept the ball rolling.

I'll watch the match again tommorow on MUTV but there were loads of times where he'd put the ball through to the wings, only for them to fluff the cross or get tackled, or something of that nature.

He also won the ball a lot aswell. I remember this especially because I kept thinking "when he wins it back why is he always passing to Evra".

He had a decent game, no worse than Rooney and Ronaldo, who had zero end product, the only bit of 'magic' that Rooney did was the shot which Alumina saved to his right hand post, Ronaldo decision making was poor (remember the run where he could have shot ons of times but he kept running with the ball?)

tbh we never carved them wide open apart from in the first 10 minutes or so, but most of our chances started with Berbatov.

Berbatov isn't a 'finisher' or 'predetor'. Thats not why we bought him. Fergie wanted someone to slow things down up top, a player who was ver composed and could create many chances for his teammates - Berbaotv is doing all of this.

We also have to remember that Berbatov is playing 'in the hole' right now - he won't score a couple of goals a game doing this. If we're critising him for his poor finishing then why haven't we got a thread with about 10,000 posts critisizing Rooney and Tevez's finishing? The amount they missed last season, and still miss today* and quite frankly embarrasing. Ronaldo saved them from being very embarrased last year.

Berbatov created more chances than Rooney and Ronaldo, he won the ball back more, and didn't miss as many sitters today as Rooney did.

Why is it that Berbatov is getting most of the stick? Because he cost £30M? We have to remember that Fergie said so himself that we were forced to pay more than we wanted.

If everyone thought they were getting a clinical finisher type of player then they have clearly been watching the wrong Berbatov for Spurs. He is playing like he always had, but with more work ethic.

Like I said, if people want to start a thread compaining about Berbatov after today then there should be one about Ronaldo's peformace, Rooney's performance, and Tevez's poor showing recently. Berbatov is being used as a scapegoat and its unfair IMO.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts