Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not about money, it's about ambition: Berba agent sparks Spurs exit talk

Tottenham are facing a battle to hang on to Dimitar Berbatov, even though chairman Daniel Levy insisted yesterday that they would fight to hang on to their top players.
The main target is Bulgaria striker Berbatov, who scored four goals in Saturday's 6-4 win over Reading.

Levy said: "Once again for the record, we are not a selling club. We're building for the future."



But Berbatov's agent Emile Dantchev confirmed interest from one Premier League club - thought to be Manchester United - and two others abroad, warning: "Fans must understand that Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition.

"I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition.

"Dimitar is perfectly happy with Juande Ramos and the way he is working. But after Tottenham's bad start, it is unlikely they'll have a chance to do something big this season.

"It is a long-term plan for them. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now. He would definitely consider a move outside of England. That is not the issue.

"What matters is it is a club that matches his ambition and level and there are only five or six around Europe. Two clubs outside of England and one in the Premier League are interested in him."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andycole9 said:
i'd love it if we signed this kid he's pure class and imo he's the best striker in the prem
U kiddin' me AC9? Best striker in the premiership?:rolleyes: Top 5 strikers in the premiership yeah.......but the best?! I would rate Didier Drogba,Wayne Rooney & Fernando Torres betta' than him!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
andycole9 said:
outside united i meant

he's better than drogba and toRres IMO
Stop being ludicrous AC9, can ya'?! Didier Drogba got 21 goals in Premiership last season & 34 in all comps,plus some top-class goals against the likes of Liverpool,Valencia CF,Arsenal & FC Barcelona! Easily,he's the best forward in the world currently! Also,Fernando Torres has got the electrfying pace,powerful physique,excellent aerial prowess to beat Berbatov to it........that's how I rank the current crop of strikers in Premiership now:

1)Didier Drogba
2)Wayne Rooney
3)Fernando Torres
4)Dimitar Berbatov
5)RVP
6)Carlos Tevez
7)A fit Michael Owen
8)A fit Louis Saha
9)Robbie Keane
10)Emmanuel Adebayor

Oh yeah & pls AC9,don't come & ask me why I put it liddat. That's b'coz,the top 6 are all potential match-winners,capable of holding out on their own & simply win the game single-handedly with their sheer brilliance & golden touch......that said,let's get back to the main topic..........

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article633000.ece

DIMITAR BERBATOV has sensationally told Spurs he would like to join a ‘big’ club -tott putting Manchester United on red alert.

In a bombshell interview with SunSport, the Bulgarian superstar’s agent Emil Dantchev last night revealed: “I have already spoken to the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and told him that if a club that corresponds to Dimitar’s class and ambition comes in with an offer that suits his current club in January, he would like to be allowed to go.

"Dimitar is OK at Tottenham. I would not say he is happy. But his performances for the club are a testament to his commitment to the fans and his team-mates.

“He has never stopped trying and scoring goals to help the team.

“Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition.”

That club ideally would be one of the Premier League’s big four — United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool — or the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, who are also following the situation closely.

The news will be a bitter blow to Spurs supporters, as well as boss Juande Ramos.

Ramos refused to give assurances Berbatov would not be sold in January, following the striker’s four-goal haul in the 6-4 win over Reading.

United, who failed to land the striker with a £19m bid last summer, are certain to line up a new offer. They will need £25m this time.

Dantchev added: “I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition.

“Nor has it anything to do with new manager Juande Ramos. Dimitar is perfectly happy with Ramos and the way he is working.

“But after Tottenham’s bad start to the season, it is unlikely they will have the chance to do something big this season.

“It is a long-term plan for them. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now.

“He would definitely consider a move outside of England. That is not the issue. What matters is it is a club that matches his ambition and his level and there are only five or six around Europe.

“Two clubs outside of England and one from the Premier League are interested in him.”

Ramos said: “Football is an open market in January. Any player has a chance of changing teams if there is an offer. So I can’t give any assurances.”

Speaking to SunSport in November, Levy refused to rule out the chance Berbatov could be sold next month.

But speaking on the club’s official website last night, he said: “Once again, for the record, we are not a selling club.”
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10 Posts
red_devils4life said:
It's not about money, it's about ambition: Berba agent sparks Spurs exit talk

Tottenham are facing a battle to hang on to Dimitar Berbatov, even though chairman Daniel Levy insisted yesterday that they would fight to hang on to their top players.
The main target is Bulgaria striker Berbatov, who scored four goals in Saturday's 6-4 win over Reading.

Levy said: "Once again for the record, we are not a selling club. We're building for the future."



But Berbatov's agent Emile Dantchev confirmed interest from one Premier League club - thought to be Manchester United - and two others abroad, warning: "Fans must understand that Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition.

"I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition.

"Dimitar is perfectly happy with Juande Ramos and the way he is working. But after Tottenham's bad start, it is unlikely they'll have a chance to do something big this season.

"It is a long-term plan for them. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now. He would definitely consider a move outside of England. That is not the issue.

"What matters is it is a club that matches his ambition and level and there are only five or six around Europe. Two clubs outside of England and one in the Premier League are interested in him."
I think Berba will be a fabtastic signing for manu and they must use big mobey to get him and then we will have a fantastic target man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
As long as we dont end up paying something stupid like 30-40 million then why not he'd be a great addition. I wouldnt object to us using Wes Brown as bait either since its pretty obvious he'll wanna leave in the summer. No point us getting rid of Saha though ok but using him as part-exchange would still only leave us with 3 strikers and we could do with one more then that ideally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
red_devils4life said:
1)Didier Drogba
2)Wayne Rooney
3)Fernando Torres
4)Dimitar Berbatov
5)RVP
6)Carlos Tevez
7)A fit Michael Owen
8)A fit Louis Saha
9)Robbie Keane
10)Emmanuel Adebayor

â€
Where do you have a fit Shev;P
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i dont really know berbatov that much since i haven't seen him play other than against united. But i don't really think he is a manchester united material

The tottemham manager or whatever said he wasn't playing for them in 100% motivation and stuff and his attitude sucks after he wasn't allowed to leave tottemham.

Players like this wont make to united i think. Every player in manutd puts in 100% in trainings AND games but it seems like Berbatov doesn't fit in this category
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
dont think this will happen , but wel ive in hope .
it would be a great 25 million spent , just like rio and rooney
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andreas_svan said:
Where do you have a fit Shev;P
LMAO!:D I thought Shev has always been fit since he came to Chelshit?:confused:

Anway,here's the latest news on Berbatov joining United:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/...o?ito=newsnow&

Spurs Scouts Plan For Life Without Berbatov

Tottenham have launched their search for Dimitar Berbatov's replacement, with Manchester United determined to beat any rival bid for the Bulgarian.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been given all the encouragement he needed to launch a January move for Berbatov after the striker's agent, Emil Dantchev, admitted that the player wants to 'play for a club that can match his ambition'.

While Spurs chairman Daniel But now that signs are emerging that Tottenham's resolve is weakening, Ferguson is determined to be at the head of the queue for his top target.

Dantchev's admission that two clubs from outside the Barclays Premier League are also on the trail of Berbatov will mean Ferguson must act fast if he is to finally get his man.

Manchester City are also understood to be keen on Berbatov, but despite chairman Thaksin Shinawatra's millions, the Bulgarian's clear preference is Old Trafford.

However, competition from the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan and Real Madrid is sure to drive up the price.

In addition, Levy's reputation for driving a hard bargain — he managed to prise £18.6million out of United for Michael Carrick 18 months ago— will mean Ferguson will have to dig deep if he is to fend off the competition.

Levy will be looking for a healthy profit on the player who cost £10.9m when he moved from Bayer Leverkusen, with a fee in the region of £25m the target.

But Ferguson's desire to add the skill and guile of Berbatov — who scored four goals in the 6-4 win against Reading on Saturday — to his already formidable forward line is such that he is determined to outbid even Europe's biggest clubs.

Levy insisted on Sunday that Spurs are 'not a selling club', behind the scenes the north London club are preparing for life without Berbatov. Tottenham's army of European scouts have been handed the unenviable task of finding a replacement by sporting director Damien Comolli — news that will be music to the ears of Ferguson.

The United boss had feared that Spurs would not be willing to sell in January under any circumstances.
 

·
has been served
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
He clearly stated "He'd be interested in joining a big club" He is 27 next week, time is running out for him to play for a big club and be a true legend instead of just playing for a shit UEFA cup club like Tottenham.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
andycole9 said:
outside united i meant

he's better than drogba and toRres IMO
haha :D
drogba is the best striker in the leauge mate
ronaldo lol
spurs arnt that sillyto think we would sell him
they want nani plus 10 mil
id like berba to come but it will only happen in the summer

ps i think rvp is better than berbatov
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
8)A fit Louis Saha

red_devils4life said:
Stop being ludicrous AC9, can ya'?! Didier Drogba got 21 goals in Premiership last season & 34 in all comps,plus some top-class goals against the likes of Liverpool,Valencia CF,Arsenal & FC Barcelona! Easily,he's the best forward in the world currently! Also,Fernando Torres has got the electrfying pace,powerful physique,excellent aerial prowess to beat Berbatov to it........that's how I rank the current crop of strikers in Premiership now:

1)Didier Drogba
2)Wayne Rooney
3)Fernando Torres
4)Dimitar Berbatov
5)RVP
6)Carlos Tevez
7)A fit Michael Owen
8)A fit Louis Saha
9)Robbie Keane
10)Emmanuel Adebayor

Oh yeah & pls AC9,don't come & ask me why I put it liddat. That's b'coz,the top 6 are all potential match-winners,capable of holding out on their own & simply win the game single-handedly with their sheer brilliance & golden touch......that said,let's get back to the main topic..........

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article633000.ece

DIMITAR BERBATOV has sensationally told Spurs he would like to join a ‘big' club -tott putting Manchester United on red alert.

In a bombshell interview with SunSport, the Bulgarian superstar's agent Emil Dantchev last night revealed: “I have already spoken to the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and told him that if a club that corresponds to Dimitar's class and ambition comes in with an offer that suits his current club in January, he would like to be allowed to go.

"Dimitar is OK at Tottenham. I would not say he is happy. But his performances for the club are a testament to his commitment to the fans and his team-mates.

“He has never stopped trying and scoring goals to help the team.

“Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition.â€

That club ideally would be one of the Premier League's big four — United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool — or the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, who are also following the situation closely.

The news will be a bitter blow to Spurs supporters, as well as boss Juande Ramos.

Ramos refused to give assurances Berbatov would not be sold in January, following the striker's four-goal haul in the 6-4 win over Reading.

United, who failed to land the striker with a £19m bid last summer, are certain to line up a new offer. They will need £25m this time.

Dantchev added: “I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition.

“Nor has it anything to do with new manager Juande Ramos. Dimitar is perfectly happy with Ramos and the way he is working.

“But after Tottenham's bad start to the season, it is unlikely they will have the chance to do something big this season.

“It is a long-term plan for them. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now.

“He would definitely consider a move outside of England. That is not the issue. What matters is it is a club that matches his ambition and his level and there are only five or six around Europe.

“Two clubs outside of England and one from the Premier League are interested in him.â€

Ramos said: “Football is an open market in January. Any player has a chance of changing teams if there is an offer. So I can't give any assurances.â€

Speaking to SunSport in November, Levy refused to rule out the chance Berbatov could be sold next month.

But speaking on the club's official website last night, he said: “Once again, for the record, we are not a selling club.â€

A fit Saha in the top 10 prem strikers? In my very humble opinion I wouldn't put him in the top 20. He is so NOT United class. Berba is good however not too sure about his attitude. For the money and what I think he'll add to the overall team play I'd go for Defoe. I reckon £6.5m would be enough to get him given that his contract is up in the summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
If we do buy him i think it will be brown + saha + money (dunno how much), a worth while deal, but we would then need a RB aswell as gazza is quite old and planning for the future is whats needed at RB! I personally want benzema and a RB, micah richards maybe? :)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top