Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ady87 said:
Berbatov under pressure and off balance curls one to the wing with the outside of his boot, the worlds best player bursts down the wing, a step over here, a dummy there...knocks a dart of a ball into the box and Rooney cushions it home, 50 seconds gone...

All started with great composure and a sublime pass from Dimi.
I think the word is class. Something Keane does'nt have.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I rate Keane phenomenaly highly. I'm not going to get into the argument of who''s better, though.

If I was putting together a team Robbie Keane would be a priority signing. It's Liverpool's system, not Keane's failure.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
They both have their style of play, both can score important goals and both proved their worth with their new clubs.
BUT, what we needed is someone who has that killer`s touch. We had plenty of players with a fantastic workrate, and Keane is more similar to Roo nd Carlitos. What we needed is a player like Berba because when you analyze how to strengthen your squad, you don't just look at the talent but at what you really need.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If you wanted a definitive answer, one should probably go to a Spurs forum and ask about it. Though I gather that wouldn't go too well... Talking about two of their former players, one who they consider sulks, and the other who was a leader and ditched them for Liverpool...

They worked well together, but I believe 9 out of 10 Spurs supporters would agree that Berbatov is better than Keane. If that wasn't the case, then why did Tottenham agree to their respective transfer fees?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So that' s everyone in favour of Berba and I no for a fact if I was given a proper chance on that dipper forum more than 0 people would have gone for Berba.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
So that' s everyone in favour of Berba and I no for a fact if I was given a proper chance on that dipper forum more than 0 people would have gone for Berba.
maybe you can ask 21 May to do it on one of his forums :D:p

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Tevez is hitting the ball like Keane at the moment,that 1 on 1 with Kirkland a great example,Rooney,Ronaldo,Berba would have cleanly lifted it up and and over him,Tevez for some round reason tried to walk it in!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
cantos red army said:
was just thinking that :D has he still not come out and admitted it yet?:rolleyes:
I don't think so, but he has added another thing to his sig I see which is obviously him trying to convince us otherwise ;)

As for Keane, he is a decent Premier League striker no doubt. But really, he is nothing more than decent imo. He looked great at Spurs, and the level they were at, but he is not good enough for Top 4 imho.

So, even though I think Berbatov still has some flaws to be ironed out, Berbatov > Keane. ;)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
manutd004 said:
I don't think so, but he has added another thing to his sig I see which is obviously him trying to convince us otherwise ;)

As for Keane, he is a decent Premier League striker no doubt. But really, he is nothing more than decent imo. He looked great at Spurs, and the level they were at, but he is not good enough for Top 4 imho.

So, even though I think Berbatov still has some flaws to be ironed out, Berbatov > Keane. ;)
i think sal put that there just to **** him off :p all his posts are liverpool related how obvious can he make it :rolleyes:

tbh keane is the captain of my national side but hes nothing great at all he should never have been made captain over dunne or given! he is a poor mans rooney(very poor man) he should have stayed at spurs where he found his level

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
cantos red army said:
i think sal put that there just to **** him off :p all his posts are liverpool related how obvious can he make it :rolleyes:

tbh keane is the captain of my national side but hes nothing great at all he should never have been made captain over dunne or given! he is a poor mans rooney(very poor man) he should have stayed at spurs where he found his level
Sounds like something Sal would do ;) :p

Yes, Spurs was his level imo and he's certainly not worth £20m. Mind you, he has been Liverpool's best striker that has been available recently (with Torres injured this season) ;) :p

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Am I the only Irishman here who will defend Robbie Keane?

'Average' - Since when are 22 and 23 goals in the last two seasons average? Are you folks watching hockey or football? In the two previous seasons he had 16 and 17. Now based on my calculations that is an average of over 19 per year for the last four years. Name me 10 strikers that play for teams in the Pl with anywhere close to those stats.....7? 5? 4?

'Berbatov' - While there is no doubt Berbatov has more pure talent than Robbie, you could argue that Keane's style (poor man's Rooney) might have fit more easily/quickly into our attack. Our goal output so far will attest to the fact that we have struggled with Berba in the line-up, certainly relative to last season.

Will we likely be better off in the long run with Berba (in general - not relative to Robbie Keane because that is impossible to say)? Probably, but I think the jury is still out.

Now, before I get the reems of hate posts that will surely follow, I was in favour of signing Berba because I thought he would make United an even more formidable attacking force. I still think he has the capability to do that.

OK.... you can let me have it! :p

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
manutd004 said:
Sounds like something Sal would do ;) :p

Yes, Spurs was his level imo and he's certainly not worth £20m. Mind you, he has been Liverpool's best striker that has been available recently (with Torres injured this season) ;) :p
haha ya it does :p its a qauity sig though :D ;)

haha ya true that but in fairness i could have been liverpools best striker this season ;) :p

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
First of all, you must be prepared to not convince them.

These Liverpool fans, they are a bitter lot. They are like the kid who was making the pretty girl laugh at the party and just as they were going to make their move, the handsome, popular guy asks her for a dance and she leaves him and glances bakc with a look that says "you made me laugh, but I wanna have this guy's babies and be banged so hard I can't walk tomorrow"..

what were we talking about again?

oh yeah, ok so you need to take a higher ground. First you throw your stance out there

"What?! Robbie Keane is good, but Berbatov is so much better. Way better. he's in a different league."

Then you must let them talk. Don't interrupt. They will try to sucker you in. Oh yes they will, but thou shalt resist."

Be chill!

If they try to sucker you in, just ask them to tell you all that's good about Robbie keane.

Once they're done, you start. You hit them where it hurts.

You start with his control. They might make some noises, but in their hearts they know it's true. berbatov's first touch is magnetic.

You say that, then you say heis touch is so good it often looks like the ball is glued to his boot. Keane's touch is heavier. Berbtov's is a much more delicate and softer touch. more skillful. he caresses the ball.

Then the movement with the ball. Keane, you say, is a good athlete (always the sugar first), but he is workman like when he runs with the ball. (then the spice)
Berbatov, you say, is graceful, almost like watching a ballet dancer.

Then you talk about skill. Have they seen Robbie Keane do a skill like Berbatov against West Ham, there will be silence followed by an attempt to digress.

You steer them back, like a matador taming a bull.

You say, "No, no. let's talk about skill. Has Keane produced flashes of brilliant skill like that?"

They will try, but they will fail.

Finally you talk about goals.

You say, Berba had a better goal per game ratio at Spurs and has a better goal per game ration at United than keane at Liverpool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Keane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitar_Berbatov

They might say Keane helped Berba score those goals, you will say likewise.

Then you will say "You can talk all you want about preference and work rate, but in terms of first-touch, ball control, dribbling and output, Dimitar berbatov is clearly better that Robbie Keane!"

OR YOU COULD JUST SAY, SHUT THE **** UP YOU LIVERPOOL-SUPPORTING, UNDER-ACHIEVING BITTER, BITTER ****S. DIMITAR BERBATOV IS BETTER THAN ROBBIE KEANE, BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR MANCHESTER UNITED AND NEVER GOT ROBBED!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:

OR YOU COULD JUST SAY, SHUT THE **** UP YOU LIVERPOOL-SUPPORTING, UNDER-ACHIEVING BITTER, BITTER ****S. DIMITAR BERBATOV IS BETTER THAN ROBBIE KEANE, BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR MANCHESTER UNITED AND NEVER GOT ROBBED!
i agree with this bit :p qauilty post :D :cool:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Cappy said:
But its not like you are going to sub Torress off, in fairness.
Spain did in the Euros like every game. Of course the difference between David Villa and Robbie Keane is about as vast as the Grand Canyon so that explains that.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
...and Villa was having the tourney of his life as well, not saying he isn't great, but everything was clicking for him.

And to stay somewhat on topic, Keane is an ass goblin. I still want to smack him for having a go at Rio.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts