Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the facts United have'nt yet hit top gear this season and the I believe this is because the balance of the side has been hit by the arrival of Berbatov. Now I dont want people to think Im calling him because I rate him highly but goals arnt flowing like they were last season .

So what forward line would you go with

Rooney and berbatov

or

Rooney and Teves

?

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Berbatov + Rooney.
Tevez is welcome if he costs less than £10mil.
otherwise Kia Joorabchian is just taking the ****
and Tevez can **** off to Real Madrid.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well this Saturday we'll get another chance to see Tevez and Berbatov partnered up (probably anyway) so that'll give us some food for thought.

And I disagree about Berbatov arriving has made us stop scoring goals. None of our strikers were exactly on full form before he arrived either. We couldnt score in the Community Shield for example. And Berbatov has 6 goals and as many assists (from memory - I could be wrong) so I dont think hes stopping us from scoring.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PeeJay said:
Berbatov + Rooney.

Thats not nice way to speak about a double winner is it now !!!:mad:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gibby17 said:
Well this Saturday we'll get another chance to see Tevez and Berbatov partnered up (probably anyway) so that'll give us some food for thought.

And I disagree about Berbatov arriving has made us stop scoring goals. None of our strikers were exactly on full form before he arrived either. We couldnt score in the Community Shield for example. And Berbatov has 6 goals and as many assists (from memory - I could be wrong) so I dont think hes stopping us from scoring.
Fair play mate you as this is a forum you can have your view . You noted I said he was a class player and yeah you are maybe right but in my view berbatov on assists has been great but I thought he would of provided more of a goal threat .

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
all 3 of them should play i think we would be unstobable then and have 2 defenceive midfielders to hold it tight and not klet anyting past! we would strike fear into evry team in europe with a line up like this!

anderson carrick

ronaldo rooney tevez

berbatov

have ronaldo rooney and tevez interchanging and it would just be mouth wattering football and then im sure the goals would flow too! i no fergie will never play this tatics though :( but its definatly gonna be my new tatics in championshi manager when it comes out :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
red dave said:
Fair play mate you as this is a forum you can have your view . You noted I said he was a class player and yeah you are maybe right but in my view berbatov on assists has been great but I thought he would of provided more of a goal threat .
Yea bud I agree with what your saying about his assisting vs goal threat. All I'm saying is I dont think his introduction has stopped us from scoring more goals.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
PeeJay said:
Berbatov + Rooney.
**** you!

Tevez is an excellent player, he hasn't been given much of a chance YET this season... don't forget he was massively important in winning the double last year... that goal against Blackburn was worth 50million on its own!

Show some ****ing support!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I think we should seriously try a 4-2-3-1 formation, with the 2 holding players not budging from their [ositions. We've got the perfect players to do it. Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes and maybe Ando. So , this is what I'd like Fergie to play :

VDS

Rafa Rio Vida Evra

Carrick Scholes

Ronaldo Rooney Tevez

Berbatov

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quite simply we haven't scored many goals becasue we haven't played well, Last season and the previous one to that once we got going we were winning 4-0 4-1 alot and it will happen this season they just need to put out the right team. Ronaldo had got 9 goals but he's played pretty poorly imho rooney has played well but the goals aren't flowing for him tevez hasn't been given the opportunity and berbatov is probably still settling into manchester still. Who knows aalborg tomorrow night could be when we start playing at our best it is the perfect team to be playing right now :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
whether we like it or not signing berba actually gave us a big headache selection wise anyways...which is always a good thing i suppose, but was still happy with last season ronaldo, rooney and tevez trio which provided most our goals and look what we acheived. am still not sure how we accomodate those players plus berbatov in the team without harming the balance of the side overall.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
I think we should seriously try a 4-2-3-1 formation, with the 2 holding players not budging from their [ositions. We've got the perfect players to do it. Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes and maybe Ando. So , this is what I'd like Fergie to play :

VDS

Rafa Rio Vida Evra

Carrick Scholes

Ronaldo Rooney Tevez

Berbatov

thats eaxtly what i siad xept i had anderson instead of scholes :p
great minds eh ;)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cantos red army said:
thats eaxtly what i siad xept i had anderson instead of scholes :p
great minds eh ;)

Well if great minds think alike wouldnt it be mine and yours because you have just said the same team as me !!!:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts