Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1906 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MANCHESTER UNITED tabled an official £20million bid for Tottenham strike star Dimitar Berbatov last night.

And Alex Ferguson expects to wrap up the deal within the next week after making his opening offer.

The United boss is in the market for a proven Premier League goalscorer to play alongside Wayne Rooney next season.

Berbatov has been top of Fergie’s wanted list all year and now he has turned his interest into a hard cash bid.

United are convinced they can lure the Bulgarian to Old Trafford with the promise of Champions League football and an £80,000- a-week pay packet.

Berbatov, 27, is keen to move on to bigger things after two years at White Hart Lane.

He was a £10.9m signing from Bayer Leverkusen in 2006 and has scored 46 goals in two seasons with Spurs.

But he fell out with Martin Jol last season and has failed to impress new boss Juande Ramos with his attitude.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy slapped a £30m price tag on Berbatov when Fergie and United came sniffing in the January window.

But Ramos has already splashed more than £50m this year on Luka Modric, Jonathan Woodgate, Alan Hutton, Heurelho Gomes, Giovani Dos Santos, Chris Gunter, Gilberto and John Bostock.

And Spurs need funds to finance their £11m move for Espanyol striker Luis Garcia.

They will try to prise a few more million out of United before finally agreeing to sell fans’ favourite Berbatov.

But Ramos has given his blessing.

Emil Dantchev, Berbatov’s agent, said: “I cannot make any comment until there is official confirmation from Tottenham or United.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1413705.ece

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
he is one of my favorite players in the world and I hope its an indication ronaldo is gone, im just not so sure at his age, but hes class.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
If it's true it would be good, he'd be great for build up play even if not as prolific as huntelaar. I hope that at a club where he is not guaranteed his starting place, he would put more effort into imposing himself on the game to make him even better

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
he's a quality player, and i have no doubts that he would fit perfectly into our system and score a hatful. I don't even think the attitude is a problem. If fergie wants to go in for him, it can't be that bad. And if any manager can snap a player out of it, its sir alex.

·
23,699 Posts
(q8-manutd) said:
He is good player but Huntelaar is better than berba..
I am actually very disappointed if true.

With Huntelaar screaming loudly for United to get him and sitting on his new contract, this comes as a little shock to be honest.

I much prefer Huntelaar. Younger, sharper and a natural finisher. And thought a finisher is what we urgently need to complement Tevez and Rooney, the fox-in-the-hole type of players.

Berbatov? He is class BUT even Ramos can't stand his attitude, like some of us already suspected and mentioned in this forum. That would be a major problem, I reckon... when the going gets tough, the 'tough' can't get going. What fer???!!??

I pray it is not true. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Probably paper talk, at 28 he may be too old, 3 good years for 20 million isn't enough. If they are going to sign a striker it would probably be signing Rossi back (1st refusal and all) or Huntelaar/Benzema, but stranger things have happened. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Berba to me looks like another Ruud. So is Huntelaar imo but the difference here is that Berba is already adpated to the EPL whereas Huntelaar isn't and could always end up being a Kezman.

I would perfer David Villa really...20m Pounds for Berba..? Im sure if you add few more millions we can land Villa!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm so excited... I love Berbatov, he is incredible player... he's got the best first touch of any striker... I hope Manchester United can get this special player.... ROONEY, TEVEZ, BERBATOV... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
if its from The Sun,then i would'nt get too excited.Thier sources usually turn out to be nothing more than hype and speculation.But if it is true,this could be the signing of the season.If Sir Alex wants him,he will get him

·
Registered
566 Posts
think huntelaar would be better for us. his desire to play for us would make him motivated and would not sulk like berba would. if united do get berba, its a good move and hope he will change his attitude at a biggest club in england. all the best to huntelaar. imo he would not turn out into another kezman. hes too good to become another kezman!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I will be surprised if this rumour is true huntelaar is the better option he is only 24 and will give united at least 5 years whereas berbatov is 27 and 20 million plus for him is a fee i do not think fergie will go to, fergie usually goes for younger players but you just never know.
If he does come to united he would be the final piece in the jigsaw , if ronaldo leaves we will need to replace another piece

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Im not the biggest Fan of Berbatov, but he would be a Good Signing,
Kinda like 2 see Huntelaar more,
Berbatov is a bit of Sulk though and can have no interest in some games,
I think Berbatov would also prefer 2 move abroad at some stage in his career, Spain? So if we signed him and he had a good seson or 2, then I could see him turning his back on the Club,
What happens to Tevez if Berbatov is signed??

·
Registered
550 Posts
I like Berbatov a lot, but I'd pick Huntelaar over him tbh. Huntelaar is younger, has publicly said he admires Manchester United and has a ridiculous scoring record over the years he's been at Ajax.

I guess I'll be glad if United signs Berbatov, but it would be a slap in the face of Huntelaar. What more could he possibly do to warrant a move to Manchester United?

·
23,699 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
this is really interesting...............................berbatov, wazza, tevez wow................
A Huntelaar/Wazza/Tevez combination is more exciting, deadly and explosive than a Berbatov/Wazza/Tevez combo. :D

To each his own though.... :)

1 - 20 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.