Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Latest Speculation

Berbatov Close To United Move

According to the Evening Standard, Dimitar Berbatov is close to joining Manchester United for a fee of around £28million.

The newspaper reckons the log-jam could be about to be broken in this long-running saga because Spurs may be close to signing a new striker themselves.

That has made them more receptive to the idea of allowing Berbatov to leave - but only at the highest possible price they can achieve.

That begs the question of who Spurs might be about to sign.

They have been pursuing Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin and Spartak Moscow's Roman Pavlyuchenko.

My Guess Arshavi lol

· Registered
128 Posts
NIRed-devil said:
My guess for Sunday would be

VDS
Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Nani Scholes Carrick Giggs
Tevez Rooney​

Subs from:
Kruschak
Berbatov
Neville
Campbell
Fletcher
O'Sea
Gibson
Silvestre

When Hargreaves Ronaldo Berbatov Neville and Anderson all get back from injury or up to match fitness I think that Fergie will use what he has available as each match dictates but I believe that he will give Nani Anderson in particular more starts and, will rotate his attack more than last season
Well nani is suspended for 2 matches so fletcher on the right giggsy on the left

or we might do a 4-3-3. 2nd half

VDS

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Giggs Scholes/Carrick Fletcher

Rooney Berbatov Tevez​

· Registered
128 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
well huntealaar is a great player he only need a big team to show his talent
for your info Real madrid also was after him so ......
and for euro that why holland was out keeping a goal scorer machine sit anyway

and he is a sharp shooter and a class finisher
and also what about Torres when man utd was after him ???
and if he was at ot ??? imagine
loserpool took him and 30 goals he scored but no cup

by this im not telling Berba is not good he is also a top stiker
so Huntelaar is bicycle finisher named THE HUNTER
and if Sir Alex was after him he know what he was looking for
as nistelrooy was before you see so better admit it he is a very good player without any doubt.

cheers
Huntelaar is known as a "fox in a box" striker

we are looking for strikers that display excellent close control and dribbling ability to pierce through opposition defences manutd is known specially for their counter attacks and ber is exactly the type of striker that we are looking at.
Dutch league is totally different from the epl they are somehow similar to the italians kinda slow tempo.Epl is totally different their famous for their speed.

And huntelaar can't dribble for nuts lol

· Registered
128 Posts
Latest Speculation

United close in on Berbatov
Dimitar Berbatov expects to be a Manchester United player within the next 48 hours. The Bulgarian striker has told his Tottenham team-mates that he is on his way to Old Trafford. The £25million deal ends a year-long pursuit of the player by United boss Alex Ferguson. As we reported on Saturday, United were confident the deal would be done by the end of this week. Now the Champions hope to unveil him as their new signing in time to be eligible for their big kick-off against Newcastle on Sunday. Berbatov, 27, feared the deal might be off when reports surfaced of possible United moves for Thierry Henry at Barcelona and Valencia’s David Villa. But Berbatov was always Ferguson’s No1 one target. He has had three bids rejected — last summer, in the New Year and at the end of this season.
Neil Custis, The Sun

Virtually every tabloid and broadsheet says the same, with varying transfer fees quoted, with the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph saying United will pay £28m.

BERBATOV MOVE IMMINENT - REPORTS

Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of completing his long-anticipated move to Manchester United, according to this morning's national newspapers.

Tottenham are reported to have agreed to sell the striker on Tuesday after the English and European champions tabled a substantially-improved bid.

After rejecting United's first offer of £20milion, Tottenham declared they would not consider selling the Bulgarian for less than £30million - but it is believed a fee of around £28million has now been agreed.

And the Daily Mail suggests Berbatov could even be a Manchester United player by the end of Wednesday, though most of the UK press suggest the deal will be done by the end of the week.

The Red Devils have pursued Berbatov for at least 18 months and were reported to the Premier League for 'tapping-up' the 27-year-old by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy last month.

· Registered
128 Posts
daveskimufc said:
berba has been good for tottenham, but he was a big name in a middle of the road team. How will he cope with being just another supastar at MANUTD???

Give campbell a chance.
Man Utd is not just a club compared to newcastle or man city we are champions we got to bring the best to the best. Campbell will have his time to shine his 21 ? let's see how it goes but i am sure we will see him as a sub this season we will see how this kid works.

For now we got to be the best!

· Registered
128 Posts
versa said:
Hi mate. You disappeared from the forum as soon as last season ended. Lol.

Perhaps you have missed some fireworks here on Huntelaar/Berbatov debate. I disagree with your arguments for Berbatov as The Choice. But looking at the turn of events and that he is the only name left still linked to us, there is really nothing left for me to argue about too... :(

Give me some time to get over things... ;)
hi there versa i totally agree that we all have our different points of view if this transfer were to be huntelaar i would be glad too whatever that is best for the club :) As for me berbatov is my first choice no hard feeling mate :)

· Registered
128 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
garnet whatever you say Huntelaar is a class ok mate

berba is very good and will excel at man utd
but if ever hunter would come no doubt he would also
he is young yes and has lot of talent and he is a goalscorer machine and at man utd youknow well how many chance we miss infront
well SAF has choose berba and the later want big competition
as he is really motivate to form part of it
so he will play with super Rooney and Tevez
our squad too good no one will stop us for treble this year

cheers
Hi Ritesh i am not saying that huntelaar is weak listen closely as i break it down and proceed huntelaar is similar to RVN commonly known as fox in the box RVN did well in 2001 when he was in man utd but that was back then cards have change recently in the game liverfool/chelski ext... somehow playing de fox in the box tactic.Remember the match just last season how manchester clowned them when we are home.Torres did pretty well that night have you seen him ? See why liverpool got robbie kean....

See this tactic is out for now in the epl yea maybe it suits the spanish league or the italian league. That's all i can say

sorry for any typo i am rushing gona pack up now time to go home!

· Registered
128 Posts
Big disappointment! ronney his positioning is awful and gives me a feeling that he wans to be c.ronaldo he should be playing in centre foward strike instead his in a winger position that is a screw up.
Anderson my point of view he shouldnt even be in the first team as his not ready yet.Tevez did well we miss a hell lot of chances..

· Registered
128 Posts
Drew9 said:
Anderson aint ready ? Do me a favour, did you not watch the Pompey game and the Liverpool and Arsenal games last season amongst a host of others.
did you watch the rest of games that anderson played last season ? And you can only remember these 3 games... did he score any ? ok maybe he assist a lil so he did well in zenit /clap /clap let's see how this season goes wishing him the best of luck!

sorry for the hijack back to berba thread

last day let's see how it goes can't wait can't wait! Bring us some good news!

· Registered
128 Posts
Papers: Berbatov D-Day

Ramos giving up on Berba
Juande Ramos has given up hope of Dimitar Berbatov staying at White Hart Lane. The Bulgarian striker was left out of Spurs’ squad for yesterday’s 1-1 draw at Chelsea. And Ramos all but admitted he expected Berba to become a Manchester United player before the transfer deadline expires at midnight tonight. He said: “I don’t know where Berbatov is and he’s not in the right state of mind to play. Once the transfer window closes we will have more options with Roman Pavlyuchenko and any others who may arrive at the last minute."
Ian McGarry, The Sun

United will have Cristiano Ronaldo back in the team by the end of September, according to the Daily Mail. "I am feeling fine. I am feeling really good and my recovery is going well," Ronaldo is quoted as saying. "I am more than happy with my progress and I hope to be back playing for United by the end of September - that is my target and it is a realistic one."

The Reds are considering a £7million offer from Hull City for 20-year-old striker Fraizer Campbell, who spent last season on loan with the Tigers (The Sun).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.