Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I read this in the Daily Mail this morning and thought nothing of it then it's appeared in various papers so maybe it is true!

But there's no quotes confirming or anything are there?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've heard this as well, my friend text me telling me around 4 hours ago or something i don't want to get excited though just in case it's not true :) Hope i get up tomorrow and turn on teletext to see a deal finalised :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Is him being on the bench today a good or bad sign ? He didn't come off it did he ? So i'm guessing it's good, because in normal circumstances even if he had a nigly injury, if you were 2-0 down you would put on your best striker.

I really have my hopes up now, i think he would suit our style of play fantastically. I saw a stat in the Daily Mail today about his goal scoring record for Spurs, i was suprised it wasn't better, but at United I'm sure it would rise :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm even more sure now thatn ever we will get him. No way at all would SAF let Saha go knowing we would only hve Roo, Tevez and Campbell. Plus Pavlychenko will sign soon i think, as long as his medical goes ok and all. But i agree if we don't have Berba we will struggle as if like Rooney got a 1 month injury for example we would be pretty screwed.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha :D I really hope so. I'm sure i heard Spurs wanted two strikers before they agreed because they only have Darren Bent and Pavly. I'm still pretty confident Berba will join, but lets say he didn't, do you reckon SAF will still go after him in January ? Damn i hate the transfer window used to be so much better without one :p And you could buy all year round.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha is that on the shoutbox bit on justin ? God some of them are so annoying all they do is insult each other all the time rather than discussing footy.

Anyway I for one will definitely stay up to see if this goes through tonight, if it doesn't i'm going to be pretty gutted to say the least :eek:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I hate City. My mate sent me a text saying Berba to City and i laughed it off I've come home to find it's true! I mean what !? Why would he join them he has the chance to play at the best team in the world !!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
City's new owners are just bidding for everyone hpoing one might want to join because wihtout another striker i think they will fail to even touch top 6, I've heard Robinho, Gomez and Villa have all had bid's put in for them from City. I doubt any of them will join as Robinho can go to MUCH bigger clubs, and has his heart set on Chelski, whereras Villa has signed a new contract. And as for Berba I really doubt he would join them when he knows United want him, i think the fee just need's to be sorted. Don't worry he will be a United player by midnight :p (I hope)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Haha fair play to City though Robinho is a very good player. They'll have the league next year lol.

Love seeing that clip of Berba and SAF walking through the corridor, playing it over again :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.