Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
i'd rather have eto'o, huntelaar or aguero than him. it's not that i don't rate him but .... i like the players that leave impression , a trademark on the pitch. for instance- eto'o is a speedy little devil and a great goalscorer,and he's known for that, huntelaar is known for a fox in the box atributes, aguero -the right footed messi...and berbatov just looks so lazy although he's a great player, no doubt about that- but it's just that something that makes me choose others ahead of him...
don't get me wrong - i wouldn't mind having him....

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
i admit it - even i'm excited....i sure hope he won't be a big money flop...but wouldn't it be smarter to buy huntelaar ...he's younger and it would be as investing in the future...
funny when i remember i suggested berbatoy in official united forum while he was still at bayer and the guys overthere had some doubts....we could have gotten him for peanuts back then...but hey -it's what we do actually...spending big and winning trophies - and i heckin love it !!!!

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
CARLY,CARLY CARLY - I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR HUNTELAAR SLATING...Just stop it please - you'd get embarassed eventually . take it from a man who slated torres...i used to have similar "arguments"you have...he's a class act...a prolific marksman who scores almost in every match he's involved with...and what's best - he doesn't need to be involved the entire match to score, he doesn't need to play great to score..he just scores, he's rvn,inzaghi,trezeguet , eduardo type a footballer...a fox in the box...plus he's younger than berbatov ... and dirk kuyt doesn't keep him out of the team - he keeps rvp or robben on that winger position...rvn keeps him out of the team...well he kept him, now when he's gone huntelaar will be their forst choice striker...and you can't just underestimate the guys numbers by saying "phew so he scored a couple of goals, big deal"...those are not arguments against him...that's just refusing to accept the obvious ...

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
-zuco- said:
.......:rolleyes:

Great post Abo, I agree with most of that you said there. I still think we should
sign Berbatov, but anyone saying that Huntelaar is rubbish is either on very
strong medication or doesn't know much about football. (OR IS JUST A GIRL )
ONLY KIDDING CARLY :p

I can think of about 30 spectacular things that he did and they are all compiled
into a youtube video somewhere. He's the bicycle kick king :cool:

Fantastic player but he isn't right for United and would make us very one
dimensional in my opinion.
i'm no sexist... just a silly old joke ;)

oh and - i posted a link of that video a few months ago...and there's no such a thing as one dimensional united..at least not while having the likes of tevez,rooney,nani and ronaldo with him..we wouldn't be too dependant on him - he would be AN OPTION

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
"I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported."
banana - you do know RVN was in full training and even played a friendly match just days before he signed for real...

sean2689 said:
Its looks a bit 50/50 at the minute with Berbatov, because all the papers are saying hes goin to sign in pretty much 48 hours, but he trained for Tottenham this morning and they will probably want to keep him being that they only have him and Bent has strikers...Berbatov being the proven goalscorer.

Im just hoping we do get him as he would be a superb addition to our attack and i think he would make us the most complete football team in the world.
he will sign allright - just like carrick and hargo have

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
I think its because he scored against Romania LOL
between you and me - me too...he scored a double against us when we were leading 2-0 in zagreb but i'm not that in love with him... just lacks that something to be a spot on for a big signing imo. i dont know what but ....

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
CRO there was actually some doubt about if the RVN transfer would happen because the clubs couldn't agree on a fee, so thats why he was still training and playing. All the reports are saying that Berbatov to Man Utd is a done deal, if this is true then why is he still in full training with Tottenham, if he was to get injured the whole transfer would be off.

Also, I don't expect the transfer to happen until Spurs have other strikers lined up to replace him. I don't think Spurs will allow a situation where they start the season with only Darren Bent.
because it was just reports...and they have made a bid for kanoute

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
CRO the papers in england are not just reporting it as rumours, all the papers here in england are reporting it as a done deal and are saying that he is due for a medical at Carrington in the next 24 hours. That cannot be true because why would he be in full training with Tottenham if that was the case.
i know what you mean but reports from england...?lol is there any serious journalism overthere ?:p

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
i really cant believe people compare him to cantona...out of all people who we have in our team and who can be compared to cantona ( tevez for his ability to score important goals, ronaldo for his class as a player, and rooney for, well just being rooney) , you compare berbatov..ridiculous

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
I think it is an absolutely valid comparison, I think they are very similar. The reason he is being compared to Cantona is because he is seen as the final player that we need, if we can sign him than our squad is complete.
but cantona was THE player we needed, and we don't need berbatov like we needed cantona...berbatov is an option cantona was The God..i mean we showed that we can cope with only rooney and tevez up front...we don't need him as we needed cantona - thats my point...we are european champions and snatching berbatov is not half as important as it was buying cantona

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Look, this shouldn't be a discussion about which player is better.

I'll tell you right now that Berbatov>Huntelaar, but Huntelaar is more of what we need.

Having said that, Berbatov is a great player and will generate 30 goals through scoring AND assists.

I'm excited and I hope it is announced within the next 24 hours.

BRING IT ON!
agree - but i'll tell you right now that huntelaar is better than berbatov :p

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Drew9 said:
Crooney, you're one opinionated lad as everyone knows but some of your points just make me laugh.

People at OT, for example the people i go to watch United with compare him with Cantona because of his ability, his precense, and his ora on a football pitch, 'the moody magiction' nobody would dare compar Cantona's character or importance because in many ways Cantona put Man Utd back on the map in the 90's. The truth is the only player who has come close to Cantona in terms of influencing a game is Ronaldo, and he will never come close to Cantona as a legend because of his character and personality, saying Berba would be like signing a new Cantona was meant as a compliment to Dimitar Berbatov, not a disrespect to the KING ERIC CANTONA, i hope this clears things up.
and which comments i made has made you laugh if a may ?
first of all - before he could get compared in the same breath to king eric he should do 1 thing and thats PLAY A FREAKIN GAME for united coz in terms of abilitly there were players and still are who are miles better than berbatov and that have played since cantona's era...and none of them was compared to cantona in the terms of ability...bergkamp,henry,tevez,rooney,torres,drogba,zola,shearer,rvn, van persie even fowler are/were all better and none of em was worthy to be compared to cantona...why should berbatov be ? just because someone somewhere mentioned him as cantona type a player everyone thinks of him as the new cantona ...let me tell you something - if he gets to be half a player for us cantona was i'll eat my words... and tell me what i said wrong ...

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Tottenham appear in no hurry to force a deal with Manchester United for Dimitar Berbatov despite the striker making a formal transfer request.

Berbatov: Wants future sorted Send to friend

Print

RSS Feed

Save to...
Facebook
del.icio.us
ma.gnolia
Yahoo! My Web
Digg
Google Bookmarks
Reddit
Technorati
Newsvine
StumbleUpon

Design the match boots
On 08.11.08 Arsenal play Man Utd. Design match boots for six players to wear.

It is understood that Berbatov handed in his request on Friday to sporting director Damien Comolli and chairman Daniel Levy, the day before he was named on the bench in the 2-1 Premier League defeat at Middlesbrough.

Earlier in the summer, Levy feared Berbatov would have a negative influence on the dressing room after making it clear he wanted to leave for Manchester United.

United had a bid of £20.5million rejected last month and have not made another formal offer, although Tottenham have insisted they do not want to sell.

However, the transfer saga has entered a crucial stage following Berbatov's request, followed by comments on his arrival for international duty with Bulgaria.

"I'm now in Tottenham but no-one can disagree with me wanting to follow my dream," said Berbatov, who told reporters he wanted everything sorted by the end of the week. Tottenham's stance means that is unlikely to happen.

The 27-year-old, as captain of Bulgaria, was expected to fulfil media duties ahead of the friendly against Bosnia-Herzegovina on Wednesday but did not face the cameras.

Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev said: "We have two more weeks until the end of the transfer window and I think this will be the most important week. I read Alex Ferguson's statement that he wants another striker and I hope that this striker is Dimitar Berbatov."

The player himself, meanwhile, has already started steeping himself in United folklore after he took his demotion to the bench with noticeable frustration.

"If I had been laughing when I was on the bench, people would say I was an idiot," he said.

"Eric Cantona never smiled, but I don't know if anyone ever asked him why he didn't look happier."

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Man Utd ready to turn to Ajax's Huntelaar
tribalfootball.com - August 19, 2008

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to make an offer for Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, it has been revealed.
The Times says Dimitar Berbatov is worried that United will try to sign Huntelaar from Ajax if Tottenham refuse to lower their £30 million asking price.

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
The game of brinkmanship between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United over the future of Dimitar Berbatov intensified last night when the London club indicated that they would be willing to consign the striker to the reserves rather than sell him to the Premier League champions for anything less than their £30m valuation of him.

Spurs, having rejected United's opening £20m bid for the 27-year-old Bulgarian, are awaiting an improved offer but relations between the clubs are strained after Tottenham complained to the Premier League alleging United had inappropriately pursued Berbatov.

The Spurs manager, Juande Ramos, spoke with the striker on Friday and deemed him not "focused enough" to feature against Sunderland on Saturday, with an attitude that would not "be good for the dressing room and the team effort".

Although that statement appeared to offer United the initiative in their pursuit of Berbatov as they prepared an improved and apparently final bid of £25m, Spurs moved swiftly yesterday to indicate that they were willing to relegate him to the second string, where he would remain even after the closure of the transfer window, should United not offer the full £30m. The Tottenham hierarchy would argue that he was not psychologically ready to represent the first team, leaving him in limbo with two years to run on his contract.

Compromise is still likely to be reached before Monday's midnight deadline, but Spurs are dismayed that no real interest has been expressed in the striker by any other club.

Tottenham's own pursuit of reinforcements will go down to the wire. They are still interested in the Ajax forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and the River Plate striker Radamel Falcao, who was watched by their scouts at the weekend. The merits of the Wigan forward Emile Heskey have also been discussed.

There remains the possibility of Andrei Arshavin, the Russia playmaker who has long been targeted by Ramos, moving to White Hart Lane after Zenit St Petersburg secured the Portuguese midfielder Danny - full name Daniel Miguel Alves Gomes - from Dynamo Moscow for a Russian-record £24m. Arshavin was left out of Zenit's side for their win over Krylya Sovetov at the weekend and, despite Tottenham insisting publicly that they had "moved on" in their search for recruits, the 27-year-old remains an attractive target.

About this articleClose Football: Spurs say £30m for Dimitar Berbatov or we stick him in the reserves
This article appeared in the Guardian on Tuesday August 26 2008 on p3 of the Sport news & features section. It was last updated at 00:40 on August 26 2008.

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Dimitar Berbatov is currently holding talks with Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, despite Manchester City making a bid.

Berbatov: Tug-of-war in progress Send to friend

Print

RSS Feed

Save to...
Facebook
del.icio.us
ma.gnolia
Yahoo! My Web
Digg
Google Bookmarks
Reddit
Technorati
Newsvine
StumbleUpon

New Customers - Bet £10 Get £40 Free
Premier League Tricast - Man Utd-Chelsea-Arsenal 8/1. Bet Now.
A tug-of-war is developing for the Bulgaria international's services, with City having seen a shock deadline day bid in excess of £30million accepted by Tottenham.

The Spurs striker has been tracked by the Premier League and European champions throughout the summer and has previously intimated that a move to Old Trafford is his 'dream'.

City stunned the football world with their audacious late approach, but United remain very much in the equation.

Mark Hughes has told Sky Sports News that he hopes to meet Berbatov later in the day, but Ferguson is already sitting down with the talented forward at the club's Carrington training ground.

Berbatov has been left out of Juande Ramos' plans for the club's last two matches, with the coach feeling his presence was a disruptive influence on the rest of the squad.

Ramos admitted earlier in the day he wanted the saga to be resolved one way or another, and has targets in mind to replace the Bulgarian.

To add further confusion to the saga, reports from Spain suggest that Real Madrid are planning to make a €45million (£36.5million) bid for his services.

hahahahahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.