Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Huntelaar the better option theres no question about that, age, most prolific, better attitude, and the boy would 'love' to join United. Dont get me wrong Berba is one of the most majestic players i've seen ince Cantona but do we need someone else like that ? we've got Rooney and Tevez who are absolutely superb with their movement and technique on the ball so i would say we dont need him, what we certainly do need though is a fox in the box and a player that at times is prepared to just be a impact player and a player that is prepared to be rotated, however either Berbatov or Huntelaar would be adequate, after all both aren't going to come cheap but the United fans will love either one im sure :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
shiven said:
Yep, I'd rather see Huntelaar join us rather than Berbatov,
He's young and with United he could become Great,
Could turn out to be like Torres and have an Excellent first season.
you've a very good point there, granted it would be less of a gamble going for Berbatov, but it would be what we really need if we go for Huntelaar, as i've said though if we keep Ronaldo and buy one of there two players we will be the most complete squad in both England and Europe.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
nigelchin said:
well, i think fergie is trying to bring in berbatov instead of huntelaar because of a few reasons.

1. berbatov is much more creative, instead of a fox in the box, he is trying to continue the striker-less formation 4-6-0, by having every attacking player to move around and confuse opposition. thats why berbatov does.

2. berbatov is nearing his peak, and in the case where by ronaldo might leave, we can have 3 forwards with rooney or tevez dropping back a little. (right now its always ronaldo, rooney, tevez)

3. Frazier campbell. he's coming through, is the kind of out and out striker who can score goals, though not really tall. he's fast, and has potential. getting huntelaar here, who is only 24, might just make campbell think he has no chance with huntelaar around.

4. Manucho. a smiliar kind of striker to huntelaar, though not much people has actually seen him play.

This is my views though. but i wouldnt mind huntelaar or berbatov. they are both quality strikers. :)
Good post, i for one am a big fan of the sriker less formation, it is deverstating and that formation alone can get you goal out of absolutely nowhere which is a massive strength to have. Berbatov is certainly a striker who can play in this formation weather it's from the bench or from the start, i also believe he would show more passion and mature as a person under Sir Alex, after all though i wouldnt mind Huntelaar either, it's a nice position to be in i suppose, as long as we get one of them :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
FERGIE HANGS ON FOR BERBA
15th July 2008 By Andy Rose SIR Alex Ferguson is ready to make Tottenham sweat after being told he can have Dimitar Berbatov for £28m.

Reports in London yesterday suggested a fee had already been agreed for the Bulgarian hitman, who scored 23 goals for Spurs last season.

But sources at Old Trafford insist Fergie is unwilling to go above £25m and is in no rush to get the deal done before jetting out for United’s pre-season tour to South Africa on Thursday.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos wants the transfer pushed through as soon as possible after Berbatov (right) made it clear he wants to join the European champions.

Ramos is on the verge of tying up a £17m deal for Blackburn and England winger David Bentley but desperately needs the money from Berbatov’s sale to finance the move.

Last week, Fergie tabled an initial £20m offer which was turned down by Spurs who want £30m. But with Ramos keen to bring in his own targets – including Espanyol striker Luis Garcia – the clock is ticking on how long Spurs can hold out for the full asking price.

Fergie knows this and is willing to be patient having already waited since January to get his man.

If he fails to land his top summer target, Fergie is willing to look elsewhere though and could line up Argentine hot-shot Sergio Aguero.

United have been eyeing up Fernando Torres’ former Atletico Madrid strike partner for some time.

But Atletico insist it will take an offer of £40m to trigger talks for the Spanish League’s Player of the Year.

The Argentine, nicknamed ‘El Kun’ after a Japanese cartoon caveman, has flourished since Torres left Spain to join Liverpool last summer, scoring 20 goals last season.

His agent, Jose Seguí, admitted yesterday: “I have received an offer from an English club who have asked for it to be passed on to Atletico Madrid.

“I can’t say anymore until I talk to the club about the offer. I can only say that we are talking about one of the best teams in Europe, but not Chelsea.”

A lot of people said we should go above 25m, look like we may have to ?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lol i agree Jazz, if you'd of asked me the day after the champions league final i would of said no way to signing Berbatov !

But it's strange it seems to have got more and more appealing to the thought of signing Berbatov.

One things for sure we would have the most complete squad ever if we sign him, and probably thhe most potent fornt line in Europe (if we dont already) if we sign him, just thinking of it now i would love to be at wembley in a few weeks with Berba lineing up alongside Tevez Rooney Rio and co, it would be amazing, and it would take some attention off Ronaldo for a while :) which will be good for both him and us.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Cheap are you joking ??

19m for a 28-29 year old who has only ever really won a Carling Cup sounds excellent business to me.

Yes he was a good player at Spurs and became a more mature leader, but when i heard of this transfer fee i was really quite shocked.

The worrying thing is if Robbie Keane is worth the best part of £20m then we could well be looking at high 30's if we're going to land Dimitar Berbatov. The market in my opinion has gone crazy !

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sparkic said:
Actually in today's footballing world a class/good striker is worth abnormal prices (asking prices or reported by the media) like: Benzema - 45m pounds; Villa - 38m pounds; Augero 45m pounds; Tevez - 32m pounds; Rooney 30m pounds; Torres 22m-27m pounds; Adebayor 35m pounds; Arshavin 25m pounds......I think to get Keane under 20m is a good deal and quite cheap in today's market. Yes he maybe older then most but I would rather get someone like Keane for 19m then Adebayor who needs 15 shots before he scores for 35m pounds. ;)

He is a well established in the EPL hence no need to adapt and has a good goal scoring record for a supporting striker and is a good addition for the Scouser's as they need someone to support Torres because Kuty is really woeful hence moved on to right midfield lol He is a good signing imo but should do well in Vidic's back pocket lol

I can see what your saying mate, but i cant agree. If i was Spurs, i would have bitten Liverpool's hand off for 19m for Keane.

Looks like we'll have to settle with what we've got in terms of our squad now though, cant see Fergie spending now ... he nearly always has his transfers wrapped up by now and i cant see him changing that tradition

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
now now, no need to get desperate. We still have some time on our side.
and we need the best, and not 'any half decent forward'.
As TheManc says, I keep expecting to hear something every day.
It hasnt happened yet, but Ive still got my fingers crossed for Berba.

I was obviously half joking there, i wouldnt settle for a half decent forward but basially TheManc sums up what im feeling at the moment. Sky Sports News has been on depressing channel this last month or so, but as Fergie said, theres light at the end of the tunnel and im confident we'll get someone in, VIVA RED ARMY!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If this goes through Newcastle next week is going to be an awsome atmosphere obviously because it's the first game of the season but also we would have finally signed a proper center forward, it's going to be like having Cantona all over again, WOOOHOOOOO !!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Crooney, you're one opinionated lad as everyone knows but some of your points just make me laugh.

People at OT, for example the people i go to watch United with compare him with Cantona because of his ability, his precense, and his ora on a football pitch, 'the moody magiction' nobody would dare compar Cantona's character or importance because in many ways Cantona put Man Utd back on the map in the 90's. The truth is the only player who has come close to Cantona in terms of influencing a game is Ronaldo, and he will never come close to Cantona as a legend because of his character and personality, saying Berba would be like signing a new Cantona was meant as a compliment to Dimitar Berbatov, not a disrespect to the KING ERIC CANTONA, i hope this clears things up.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
how much of that is B.S and how much is fact until i see it on sky sports news i wont believe a thing. ABO you being hunters no1 fan have you seen many 90 min games of his i dunno much about him only stuff iv seen on youtube and he looks quality (then again they all do on youtube) can he really be that much better than Berba.[/QUOTE]

He's a completely different type of striker than Berbatov, Huntelaar is the typical fox in the box type of striker, Berbatov is the type that will join in witht he build up play, dazzle the fans with tricks and skills and will still chip in with 20 goals, the only similar thing is that both score all types of goals, both score tap-ins both score in the air and both can score with either foot, the truth is Abo being Hunteaar's bum boy is just to stand out from the crowd really. Every United fan trusts Fergie, i read on another post Abo said i will never forgive Fergie for not signing Huntelaar, lol what are you on about mate? Basically either of these two will do very nicely but Berbatov's flair and skills seem more the United way, having said that, Huntelaar looks out of the Van Nistelrooy mould so we'll have to wait (some more) and see what occurs :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
well hope so as his case is ??????????????
well huntelaar will be the best move for man utd
and berba price is a bit high but we need someone as well get him lol

i had SAF mobile number lol i have forget the number thought
he is a great friend of mine lol
could tell him not to delay about this deal lol
hahaha

Hilairious where do you get your jokes from ?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If they get HUNTELAAR it will be good buisness for them, especially if they net Falcao aswell, basically they will have a completey new front line for only two million more than what we're paying for Berbatov ... you do the maths is that good value for money ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.