Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
huntelaar for me. we dont need a striker who can create chances for teammate. we have rooney and tevez to do that already. we need someone like huntelaar to do it. yes, manucho might be able to do it, but he's not really proven, just that he caught sir alex's eyes with his performance for his nation. so well, i would prefer huntelaar.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
well, i think fergie is trying to bring in berbatov instead of huntelaar because of a few reasons.

1. berbatov is much more creative, instead of a fox in the box, he is trying to continue the striker-less formation 4-6-0, by having every attacking player to move around and confuse opposition. thats why berbatov does.

2. berbatov is nearing his peak, and in the case where by ronaldo might leave, we can have 3 forwards with rooney or tevez dropping back a little. (right now its always ronaldo, rooney, tevez)

3. Frazier campbell. he's coming through, is the kind of out and out striker who can score goals, though not really tall. he's fast, and has potential. getting huntelaar here, who is only 24, might just make campbell think he has no chance with huntelaar around.

4. Manucho. a smiliar kind of striker to huntelaar, though not much people has actually seen him play.

This is my views though. but i wouldnt mind huntelaar or berbatov. they are both quality strikers. :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Dimitar Berbatov could be on the brink of joining Manchester United after reports claimed that Tottenham have accepted a £28 million bid for the Bulgarian striker.

After Spurs rebuffed a £20m approach by United over the weekend it appeared and impasse between the two clubs was developing with the White Hart Lane outfit insisting on the full £30m asking price they had placed on Berbatov and United unwilling to increase their bid beyond £25m.

However, the Daily Telegraph reported on Monday that the two clubs have subsequently agreed a compromise with Spurs accepting £2m less than they had been holding out for.

Since joining the club from Bayer Leverkusen two years ago Berbatov has been frequently linked with a move away from Spurs, with United consistently at the top of list of suitors for the 27-year-old who has plundered 27 goals in his time in the Premier League.

It is understood that United will offer £18m upfront with the remainder of the transfer fee payable on depending on the player's appearances and achievements.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=555242&sec=england&cc=4716

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i wouldnt mind berbatov. well, for me, if huntelaar came, it might just push frazier campbell out of MUFC.

im just thinking, that if the 6+5 rule is really implemented, we have campbell to add on. we do know he has the potential to be a really good player. but with huntelaar coming, campbell would know he wouldnt have much games with manucho, 25, huntelaar, 24, tevez, 23, Rooney, 22 around for the 1 or 2 starting spot.

thats what i believe ferguson is thinking about. he's always planning for the future without jeopardising our chances of trophies laden season in the present.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
manutd004 said:
I've posted it plenty of times and I'm going to post it one more time :p;

I don't want Dimitar Berbatov anywhere near Old Trafford in a red shirt.

Hes lazy, arrogant, slow and his attitude absolutely reeks.
if there is one manager who could change it all, it will be SIR Alex Ferguson.
of coruse, at tottenham, they severly underachieved, he trusted tottenham to break the top 4, yet they got what?

playing with wayne rooney, tevez, scholes, giggs week in and out, would change your attitude. but of course, ronaldo is an exception. he has an ego too big.

but if SAF goes for him, he probably know whats he's doing.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Van Nistelruffi said:
I hope Dimitar will go to Barca, so we can bring the Hunter. But I fear that we've already signed him (Berba)

hmmm. so. to you, berbatov isnt good enough to wear the red of manchester?

for me, berbatov is more than good enough.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
manutd004 said:
Or maybe he feels, like me, that Berbatovs price is inflated a lot, he's slow and lazy (though his fans argue he only looks slow and lazy but isn't) and his attitude reeks ;)

footballing price are inflated everywhere. LOL. ronaldo for 80 mil, when he displayed an attitude similar to this guy we are signing. thats inflation too.

well, i believe dimitar is behaving like this cause he feels his teammates are way too inferior to him. once he come to us, he will be a champion, and he wont be that way anymore.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
yeah. i think berbatov is gonna be really hard to get now with the price tag slapped on him. but well, we could get huntelaar or we could source for unknowns with qualities.

like anderson? LOL

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
sparkic said:
I read some where that Berbatov played in a FA Cup final? Really? Which one? Wasn't it only the League Cup final?

I still believe Berbatov is the last piece to our top class squad and would be a better signing than Huntelaar and after reading the posts above I have been even more convinced lol

People like Abo dismissing Berba and just stating Huntelaar will score 30+ with no real justification really does not help the Huntelaar case...

nope. it was league cup final. the only teams from outside the top 4 to play in fa cup final for the last few years has only been millwall and more recently portsmouth.

me too, believe berbatov is the final piece, instead of the hunter.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
abojodeh said:
do kezman have the physical ability to play in the EPL
dont think so :rolleyes:
he is 180 cm and so light weight
huntelaar aint that tall but he is a beast
defendrs in the dutch are always afraid of him.

plus huntelaar have some europian experience
he played in the EUFA cup and scored some goals
remember the two goals in inter ;).
errr. dont quite agree. huntelaar is TALL! 1.86m. he's rather tall

did some research on huntelaar and look what i found

wikipedia said:
Huntelaar has received praise from defenders that have had the task of marking him. Dutch international central defender Barry Opdam has said "He can easily move in between defense and our midfield, leaving most of us confused. He is smart. He can predict what his team mates do and what we will do in response. He also uses his body smartly. At the right time, before the cross or pass comes in, he’ll nudge you. That gives him those extra seconds or that extra half a yard. He has grown enormously, in particular physically."PSV Eindhoven’s Dirk Marcellis has said "You can only stop Huntelaar if you stop the whole team from playing football. He is a smart chap, using his body in a good way. He may not look it, but he is very strong. Never mean, though. Just smart. Little nudges, a quick pull on the jersey, those kind of things. He sometimes looks distracted, but that’s just his thing. He uses that to lull you to sleep." Swiss defender Stephan Keller states: "How to stop Huntelaar? Pfff…no idea. The thing is, everything he does, every move is thought about. He sees the game so well and he has the ability to sense when you’re just not paying attention and then he’s gone. He is the best I’ve ever seen. He will definitely make it big in Europe somewhere."
something that will make us think he can adapt to epl. but i still prefer berbatov, but i have no qualms about huntelaar coming

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
versa said:
Highlighting the failures of Kezman and a few other unfortunate cases like Shevchenko to disprove Huntelaar is a bit rich and unfair. Think the number of successes must be still much higher than the number of failures for foreign imports. Torres, Henry, Essien, Cech.... Anderson, Vidic, Evra, Tevez... Stam, RVN, Ole.... Veira, Bergkamp,... Countless in the past and present.

And also.. Oh never mind, we are not Fergie. :)

totally agreed. we got our fair shares of flop too. kleberson, djemba, veron, taibi just to name a few. but at the end of the day, the one paying and choosing who manutd's new signing is will be fergie, not us.

but its good to hear everyone's view though :D

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
All due respect to Wikipedia and your research .... but the quotes come from 2 Dutch
guys who are hardly going to criticise him, and a Swiss defender who doesn't know
how to stop him !!! The average Swiss defender doesn't know how to stop a bus to
be quite honest !!!

Dorin Goian of Romania owned him for a whole game in the Euro Qualifiers in Holland.
I don't even remember his name being mentioned ! Admittedly Goian is similar to
Vidic but much bigger, lol. That would slow most people down a bit. But even so,
Goian has little experience, he has never played outside Romania and has only 21
international games, but he made Huntelaar look positively plain !!!

yes, i can understand your point of view. but in my opinion, every player can have their bad day. furthermore, huntelaar is like a raw gem, waiting to be polished. he has potential, but definitely, he is not going to fulfill it fully at ajax. what he needs is a top club in europe.

look at didier drogba. virtually unknown to many fans until he joined chelsea. and look how good he is.

look at adebayor, another virtual unknown until joining arsenal, and he has improved lots.

as versa said, it might be a gamble to take him. he might just turn out to be a mateja kezman, or a RVN. it just everyone opinions. :D

and heck. im suppose to be rooting for berbatov more LOL!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.