Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
I don't think Manchester United will pay £30 million for Dimitar Berbatov, a compromise will be made for less than that. I am 100% certain that Berbatov will be joining us in this transfer window, the transfer fee will eventually be agreed. If anything it is United who can hold Tottenham to ransom on this occasion, Tottenham have spent alot of money and need to balance the books before pursuing other targets such as Bentley and Santa Cruz. I think one of two things will happen here, either Spurs will back down and accept our second offer of £25 million, or an agreement will be made of about £18 million up front which could rise to £28 million based on his achievements for us such as appearances and goals. I am very excited and looking forward to seeing him play for us, it is some time since we made a major purchase of an established worldwide star so it is great news.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Sir Alex expects to sign Berbatov, but Barcelona will battle for his signature

Sir Alex Ferguson expects to prise striker Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham by the end of the summer.

Reports have suggested the Manchester United boss has made a £22m bid for the 27-year-old but that Spurs want more.

"We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through," Ferguson told The Sun newspaper. "Berbatov has been impressive for a long time and he would be a great addition to our attack."

Barcelona have also shown an interest in the Bulgarian following the exit of Ronaldinho to AC Milan and with Samuel Eto'o also set to leave but Ferguson is happy to bide his time over a player who scored 23 goals for Tottenham last season.

Speaking at the start of the club's pre-season tour of South Africa, the Scot said: "I think time will work for us more than against us. "We will not stress this situation. We are hoping to have a constructive conversation with Tottenham in the near future."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7513117.stm

Barcelona bid £24m for Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov

Barcelona are poised to make a £24million move for Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov - after losing patience with Arsenal over Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Gunners are holding out for £35m for the Togo striker while Spurs are willing to let Berbatov go for around the £24m that the Catalan giants are prepared to pay.

Manchester United had been expected to tie up a move for Berbatov this week, but the Reds have left for their preseason tour of Africa with Berbatov still at White Hart Lane.

New Barca boss Pep Guardiola has stuck the Bulgarian on a shortlist which includes United's Carlos Tevez, Chelsea target Robinho and even current Blues striker Didier Drogba. Spurs boss Juande Ramos last night admitted he is willing to let both Berbatov and strike partner Robbie Keane go, with Liverpool poised to make a £20m move for the Republic of Ireland star.

Ramos insists that he still thinks Tottenham can break into the top four, even if they sell the two forwards who smashed nearly 50 goals between them last season. He said: "We'll see how it will all end, but we are talking about two very important footballers. At the moment they're with us but what will happen, will happen. "People have to understand that this is a club that is on the stock market, a company that has to give accounts at the end of the day."

Spurs have been linked with Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz and Real Zaragoza's 29-year-old marksman Diego Milito.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...purs-striker-dimitar-berbatov-89520-20653237/

·
Banned
295 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Well spotted Manc. I hadnt even thought about that Im embarrassed to say.
i was just looking at the present.
but yes, thats a very interesting point indeed. :)
I did make that same point in my Berbatov v Huntelaar thread Jazz, so I think I deserve the credit for that one as many people here have adopted it as there own idea. :D :) :p

·
Banned
295 Posts
Well Mr Levy has apparently told us that he will cost 38 million non-negotiable. The fact is Dimitar Berbatov is not worth 38 million, if we can get him for around 25 to 28 million than that is ok but anything above that is just too much. If Tottenham do not back down on there outrageous transfer demands than it is time to put this ridiculous saga behind us and look elsewhere, I think Huntelaar is the next best thing as he also ticks all the boxes. We have to accept that there is a very good chance that this will now not be happening. I have a feeling that Mr Levy has decided not too do business with us, if Barcelona offered 24 million tommorow I think he would sell immediately rather than do business with us.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
now now, no need to get desperate. We still have some time on our side.
and we need the best, and not 'any half decent forward'.
As TheManc says, I keep expecting to hear something every day.
It hasnt happened yet, but Ive still got my fingers crossed for Berba.
To be honest Jazz I think it now is time to panick, we are so short up front that even Dean Windass would make us stronger right now. It is incredible that we won the Premeir league last season after such a terrible start, the entire reason for our poor start last season was becasue we didn't have a striker in the squad. We have tougher fixtures to start with this season so if we have not got a striker in soon, I can see the same thing happening. Look at the Community Shield on Sunday, we could of played all day and we wouldn't of scored. Sir Alex has to take responsibility for this situation, if he is such a fan of Berbatov then why didn't he sign him 2 years ago for 11 million. It is pretty embarrasing that we are prepared to hand Tottenham a 19 million profit in the space of two seasons. Our incompetence in the transfer market is starting to get a bit frustrating.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I have to say these reports may be a bit premature, I don't think its possible that Berbatov was at Carrington today because he was training with the rest of the Spurs squad this morning. The pictures and video of this mornings training are on the Spurs website. Spurs seem to be sending a message from this video of the squad in training because if you watch closely the camera at one point focuses on Berbatov in particular and zooms in. If the media made up the bit about him being at Carrington today then im not sure if the rest of the stories are true. I don't think we should get excited until this is official, I expect Mr Levy to make it as difficult as possible. I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I have to say these reports may be a bit premature, I don't think its possible that Berbatov was at Carrington today because he was training with the rest of the Spurs squad this morning. The pictures and video of this mornings training are on the Spurs website. Spurs seem to be sending a message from this video of the squad in training because if you watch closely the camera at one point focuses on Berbatov in particular and zooms in. If the media made up the bit about him being at Carrington today then im not sure if the rest of the stories are true. I don't think we should get excited until this is official, I expect Mr Levy to make it as difficult as possible. I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported.

·
Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
CARLY,CARLY CARLY - I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR HUNTELAAR SLATING...Just stop it please - you'd get embarassed eventually . take it from a man who slated torres...i used to have similar "arguments"you have...he's a class act...a prolific marksman who scores almost in every match he's involved with...and what's best - he doesn't need to be involved the entire match to score, he doesn't need to play great to score..he just scores, he's rvn,inzaghi,trezeguet , eduardo type a footballer...a fox in the box...plus he's younger than berbatov ... and dirk kuyt doesn't keep him out of the team - he keeps rvp or robben on that winger position...rvn keeps him out of the team...well he kept him, now when he's gone huntelaar will be their forst choice striker...and you can't just underestimate the guys numbers by saying "phew so he scored a couple of goals, big deal"...those are not arguments against him...that's just refusing to accept the obvious ...
I think its because he scored against Romania LOL

·
Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
"I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported."
banana - you do know RVN was in full training and even played a friendly match just days before he signed for real...

he will sign allright - just like carrick and hargo have
CRO there was actually some doubt about if the RVN transfer would happen because the clubs couldn't agree on a fee, so thats why he was still training and playing. All the reports are saying that Berbatov to Man Utd is a done deal, if this is true then why is he still in full training with Tottenham, if he was to get injured the whole transfer would be off.

Also, I don't expect the transfer to happen until Spurs have other strikers lined up to replace him. I don't think Spurs will allow a situation where they start the season with only Darren Bent.

·
Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
because it was just reports...and they have made a bid for kanoute
CRO the papers in england are not just reporting it as rumours, all the papers here in england are reporting it as a done deal and are saying that he is due for a medical at Carrington in the next 24 hours. That cannot be true because why would he be in full training with Tottenham if that was the case. And a bid for Kanoute is not a completed transfer, Sevilla are a very difficult club to buy players from.

·
Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
i know what you mean but reports from england...?lol is there any serious journalism overthere ?:p
Well you have to understand that there are many rag papers here in England who's reporting is not worth the paper its written on such as the Star, the Mirror, the Sun etc. The papers that you can usually trust over here are The Times, The Telegraph and The Independent.

·
Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
i really cant believe people compare him to cantona...out of all people who we have in our team and who can be compared to cantona ( tevez for his ability to score important goals, ronaldo for his class as a player, and rooney for, well just being rooney) , you compare berbatov..ridiculous
I think it is an absolutely valid comparison, I think they are very similar. The reason he is being compared to Cantona is because he is seen as the final player that we need, if we can sign him than our squad is complete.

·
Banned
295 Posts
abojodeh said:
get any striker for any price
tevez cant do it alone tomorrow versus newcastle
Abo don't you even know what day it is today, it is Thursday today mate. Since when did the Premier League start on a Friday LOL. Manchester United don't play until Sunday mate, I would expect someone who claims to be a Manchester United fan to at least know on what day the team are playing the first game of the new league season LOL LOL LOL.

·
Banned
295 Posts
stubie123 said:
Think most papers have only Berbatov to Man utd to write now that the ronaldo & barry saga are over. Would not be surpised to see him in action against middlesbrough.

Lets try and tempt Steve Claridge out of retirement.
Several different newspapers reported that we had agreed the transfer of Berbatov over a month ago, obviously those reports were lies. So why do you trust these latest reports that say that Berbatov was due at Carrington yesterday, when he is clearly training at Tottenham on the same day, he can't be in to places at once mate. You should not trust any newspaper reports regarding Berbatov, only when it is announced on the Manchester United website will I believe that he is a United player.

·
Banned
295 Posts
marty davidson said:
Marty that is just some random person who signed up to the website, he has no evidence for that conclusion. Why the hell would Berbatov be in Tottenham's squad for the game against Boro if the transfer was happening today LOL. Juande Ramos has said there is a good chance he will play for Spurs tommorow, so an imminent transfer is unlikely.

·
Banned
295 Posts
sean2689 said:
Even though the sun does make up some BS i still think they are reliable on sport issues...
If you trust a word that is printed in The Sun then you are an idiot, it is a cheap tacky paper that completely makes up over the top stories to sell papers. This is the newspaper that claimed they had an exclusive interview with Sir Alex, but it turned out that all they had done was cut and pasted something they saw on an obscure scandinavian website. The Sun are responsible for Tottenham reporting us to the FA, so why are you still buying this paper????

·
Banned
295 Posts
I actually have had enough of this ridiculous situation. I think we should make a take it or leave it 25 million offer which I believe is the most that Berbatov is worth, if it is rejected than we should look elsewhere now. As other posts have said, he rejected United 2 years ago to got to Spurs which was a ludicrous and disastrous decision because he has missed out on winning the Premier League twice and the Champions League.

So Berbatov has only himself to blame and I would not be that dissapointed if we bought someone else instead. I think we should make a serious move for Huntelaar now.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I actually have had enough of this ridiculous situation. I think we should make a take it or leave it 25 million offer which I believe is the most that Berbatov is worth, if it is rejected than we should look elsewhere now. As other posts have said, he rejected United 2 years ago to got to Spurs which was a ludicrous and disastrous decision because he has missed out on winning the Premier League twice and the Champions League.

So Berbatov has only himself to blame and I would not be that dissapointed if we bought someone else instead. I think we should make a serious move for Huntelaar now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.