Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 1906 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
for two years. way too much speculation has flown bout linking berbatov and united.

if he comes, he comes. At the minute I dont see him adding anything to what we already have

Important year for rooney and tevez has been looking awesome pre-season

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Drew9 said:
Cheap are you joking ??

19m for a 28-29 year old who has only ever really won a Carling Cup sounds excellent business to me.

Yes he was a good player at Spurs and became a more mature leader, but when i heard of this transfer fee i was really quite shocked.

The worrying thing is if Robbie Keane is worth the best part of £20m then we could well be looking at high 30's if we're going to land Dimitar Berbatov. The market in my opinion has gone crazy !
Actually in today's footballing world a class/good striker is worth abnormal prices (asking prices or reported by the media) like: Benzema - 45m pounds; Villa - 38m pounds; Augero 45m pounds; Tevez - 32m pounds; Rooney 30m pounds; Torres 22m-27m pounds; Adebayor 35m pounds; Arshavin 25m pounds......I think to get Keane under 20m is a good deal and quite cheap in today's market. Yes he maybe older then most but I would rather get someone like Keane for 19m then Adebayor who needs 15 shots before he scores for 35m pounds. ;)

He is a well established in the EPL hence no need to adapt and has a good goal scoring record for a supporting striker and is a good addition for the Scouser's as they need someone to support Torres because Kuty is really woeful hence moved on to right midfield lol He is a good signing imo but should do well in Vidic's back pocket lol

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
All due respect to Wikipedia and your research .... but the quotes come from 2 Dutch
guys who are hardly going to criticise him, and a Swiss defender who doesn't know
how to stop him !!! The average Swiss defender doesn't know how to stop a bus to
be quite honest !!!

Dorin Goian of Romania owned him for a whole game in the Euro Qualifiers in Holland.
I don't even remember his name being mentioned ! Admittedly Goian is similar to
Vidic but much bigger, lol. That would slow most people down a bit. But even so,
Goian has little experience, he has never played outside Romania and has only 21
international games, but he made Huntelaar look positively plain !!!

Erm.... Huntelaar scored against Romania in Euro 2008.

One chance, one goal.

That's what Huntelaar is about. He didn't even play particularly well in that game, but he needs half a chance and it's in the net.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If we sign Berbatov and he lands us another CL and PL title the money - whatever the fee - will be money well spent and even at the age of 28/29 he could still give a good 5/6 years service to United. If the fee was 30m that would equate to around 5m a season which I think we all would agree is worth the punt for the type of player we would get in return.

I was lucky enough to see Cantona in his prime at United and Berbatov is the closest I have seen to Eric. I for one want this man and all his sublime skills at the club

·
Registered
427 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Berbatov: Barça Over Man Utd
Tottenham Hotspur in-demand hit-man Dimitar Berbatov has reportedly indicated that he favours a move to Camp Nou over a transfer to Manchester United.

The Bulgaria international is one of this summer's hottest properties after two very impressive seasons at White Hart Lane.

Berbatov has been on the radar of both Manchester United and Barcelona for most of the summer as the two giants have been on the search for a quality striker.

Although the Catalan club had mainly set their sights on Emmanuel Adebayor and Didier Drogba, their attempts to prize the African pair towards Camp Nou have so far had no success, which has made Pep Guardiola switch his attention to Berbatov.

However, having known of United's interest in the Tottenham man, Barcelona first enquired Berbatov about his plans and they could not have got a better answer from the Bulgarian.

"If I leave Tottenham, I prefer going to Barça than Manchester United," he told Barcelona, according to El Mundo Deportivo.

The relationship between Barcelona and Tottenham has been good since the transfer of Giovani dos Santos to the Premier League outfit and that may play a leading role in this saga.

Tottenham have set a €35 million valuation on their striker following United's interest in the player but Barcelona are reportedly willing to go as far as €30 million for Berbatov, who rattled in 15 league goals last season.

Luís Mira

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I guess Ramos more or less confirmed what everyone has been suspecting, that once they get another striker they'll let Berbatov go. Good to hear Barca has not yet been formally involved. I think there is a lot of good blood between us and them, maybe they'll back off because we gave them Pique back for cheap.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sparkic said:
Actually in today's footballing world a class/good striker is worth abnormal prices (asking prices or reported by the media) like: Benzema - 45m pounds; Villa - 38m pounds; Augero 45m pounds; Tevez - 32m pounds; Rooney 30m pounds; Torres 22m-27m pounds; Adebayor 35m pounds; Arshavin 25m pounds......I think to get Keane under 20m is a good deal and quite cheap in today's market. Yes he maybe older then most but I would rather get someone like Keane for 19m then Adebayor who needs 15 shots before he scores for 35m pounds. ;)

He is a well established in the EPL hence no need to adapt and has a good goal scoring record for a supporting striker and is a good addition for the Scouser's as they need someone to support Torres because Kuty is really woeful hence moved on to right midfield lol He is a good signing imo but should do well in Vidic's back pocket lol

I can see what your saying mate, but i cant agree. If i was Spurs, i would have bitten Liverpool's hand off for 19m for Keane.

Looks like we'll have to settle with what we've got in terms of our squad now though, cant see Fergie spending now ... he nearly always has his transfers wrapped up by now and i cant see him changing that tradition

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
ALEX FERGUSON aims to land Dimitar Berbatov in a £25million deal by the end of next week.

The Manchester United boss has had a £22m bid rejected with Tottenham wanting £30m.

United will go to £25m and believe that will be enough to secure the unsettled striker.

Ferguson said: “We are looking at some options at the moment — three or four different options about the strike department which we hope will come to a happy conclusion.

“Hopefully we will have someone in for the start of the season.”

Tottenham have been playing hardball with United, even reporting them to the Premier League for their pursuit of the striker.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy accused Ferguson of arrogance and hypocrisy after he was quoted as saying Berbatov was their target and he expected to get him.

Fergie is desperate to beef up his attack with Cristiano Ronaldo out until October and Louis Saha injured yet again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1536043.ece

·
Registered
736 Posts
manutdforever said:
ALEX FERGUSON aims to land Dimitar Berbatov in a £25million deal by the end of next week.

The Manchester United boss has had a £22m bid rejected with Tottenham wanting £30m.

United will go to £25m and believe that will be enough to secure the unsettled striker.

Ferguson said: “We are looking at some options at the moment — three or four different options about the strike department which we hope will come to a happy conclusion.

“Hopefully we will have someone in for the start of the season.â€

Tottenham have been playing hardball with United, even reporting them to the Premier League for their pursuit of the striker.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy accused Ferguson of arrogance and hypocrisy after he was quoted as saying Berbatov was their target and he expected to get him.

Fergie is desperate to beef up his attack with Cristiano Ronaldo out until October and Louis Saha injured yet again.

Great News !!!!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
manutdforever said:

“Hopefully we will have someone in for the start of the season.â€

nice...... i think i will happen! BerbaGOD in a utd shirt! yeah:)

281 - 300 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.