Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 1906 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Every morning when I turn on SSN I'm expecting to see the yellow bar saying "breaking news: Manchester United have signed 'x player'"

I think we'll get one in the next 3 days. Atleast I'm guessing we will.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Drew9 said:
I wish any half decent center forward would just join us, we need someone now !
now now, no need to get desperate. We still have some time on our side.
and we need the best, and not 'any half decent forward'.
As TheManc says, I keep expecting to hear something every day.
It hasnt happened yet, but Ive still got my fingers crossed for Berba.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

I was obviously half joking there, i wouldnt settle for a half decent forward but basially TheManc sums up what im feeling at the moment. Sky Sports News has been on depressing channel this last month or so, but as Fergie said, theres light at the end of the tunnel and im confident we'll get someone in, VIVA RED ARMY!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Dimitar Berbatov row leaves United a striker light

Manchester United are determined to complete the signing of Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham Hotspur before the start of the new Barclays Premier League campaign this weekend, but relations between the clubs remain frosty as the Premier League prepares to pass judgment on Tottenham's complaint about their rivals' pursuit of the Bulgaria forward.

The Premier League's board will meet tomorrow or on Thursday to discuss Tottenham's complaint about United's pursuit of Berbatov, which Daniel Levy, the London club's chairman, has described as “disgracefulâ€. Levy claims to have evidence that United have “systematically been working to prise [Berbatov from Tottenham] outside of Premier League rules of conductâ€, although publicly he has stopped short of accusing them of making an illegal approach, which would constitute breaches of the league's regulations K3 and K8.

United have been bewildered by Tottenham's actions and have submitted their own observations to the Premier League, detailing dialogue and written communication between David Gill, their chief executive, and Levy over the past 12 months. They make no secret of their interest in Berbatov, which Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed publicly, but maintain that they have acted properly since first registering their interest with Tottenham more than a year ago.

Tottenham are understood to be resigned to losing Berbatov, but, having rejected an official bid of £20.5 million from United last month, they maintain that they will not sell for less than £30 million. Berbatov, for his part, is determined to move to Old Trafford, having made clear his ambition to play Champions League football.

A new centre forward is Ferguson's priority in the transfer market with Louis Saha likely to be offloaded after a series of injury problems and uncertainty over whether Manucho Goncalves, the Angola forward, will be granted a work permit.

United have been linked with a bid to sign Thierry Henry, the former Arsenal forward, from Barcelona, but the most likely alternative to Berbatov this summer is Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, the 25-year-old Ajax forward.

Sources in Spain suggest United are interested in David Silva, the Valencia midfield player, but a deal is thought unlikely at present, with the 22-year-old widely expected to join Barcelona if he leaves Valencia. -The Times

·
Banned
292 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
To be honest Jazz I think it now is time to panick, we are so short up front that even Dean Windass would make us stronger right now. It is incredible that we won the Premeir league last season after such a terrible start, the entire reason for our poor start last season was becasue we didn't have a striker in the squad. We have tougher fixtures to start with this season so if we have not got a striker in soon, I can see the same thing happening. Look at the Community Shield on Sunday, we could of played all day and we wouldn't of scored. Sir Alex has to take responsibility for this situation, if he is such a fan of Berbatov then why didn't he sign him 2 years ago for 11 million. It is pretty embarrasing that we are prepared to hand Tottenham a 19 million profit in the space of two seasons. Our incompetence in the transfer market is starting to get a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Latest Speculation

Berbatov Close To United Move

According to the Evening Standard, Dimitar Berbatov is close to joining Manchester United for a fee of around £28million.

The newspaper reckons the log-jam could be about to be broken in this long-running saga because Spurs may be close to signing a new striker themselves.

That has made them more receptive to the idea of allowing Berbatov to leave - but only at the highest possible price they can achieve.

That begs the question of who Spurs might be about to sign.

They have been pursuing Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin and Spartak Moscow's Roman Pavlyuchenko.

My Guess Arshavi lol

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Can anyone tell me what will be our best team or formation IF we get berba???
I think Tevez will have a even better season than last coz the lad keeps improving. So if we sign Berba what will the startin team be???

I need to know for my Fantasy prem league team lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Can anyone tell me what will be our best team or formation IF we get berba???
I think Tevez will have a even better season than last coz the lad keeps improving. So if we sign Berba what will the startin team be???

I need to know for my Fantasy prem league team lol

My guess for Sunday would be

VDS
Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Nani Scholes Carrick Giggs
Tevez Rooney​

Subs from:
Kruschak
Berbatov
Neville
Campbell
Fletcher
O'Sea
Gibson
Silvestre

When Hargreaves Ronaldo Berbatov Neville and Anderson all get back from injury or up to match fitness I think that Fergie will use what he has available as each match dictates but I believe that he will give Nani Anderson in particular more starts and, will rotate his attack more than last season

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Get excited! Berbatov due to undergo medical at Carrington!

I know this is going to get merged, but I'm excited and I can feel it's gonna happen. I'd prefer someone else, but Berbatov would be a great addition!

This story has no sources ot quotes, but who cares?! :D

Dimitar Berbatov is expected to agree personal terms and seal his £25million move to Manchester United.

Sportsmail understands that the Bulgaria striker is due at United's Carrington training centre after finally being given permission by Tottenham Hotspur to talk to the Barclays Premier League and European champions.

The 27-year-old will be offered a four-year deal worth in the region of £80,000-a-week. United hope he will appear on their official pre-season team photo, scheduled to be taken on Friday.

If Berbatov agrees terms, his signing will end an 18-month pursuit by Sir Alex Ferguson, who will be on the verge of fielding his dream attacking line-up featuring Berbatov, Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo when the latter two regain health and fitness.

Ironically, the Premier League board are discussing Tottenham's allegations that United have behaved improperly in their pursuit of Berbatov. White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy believes United 'tapped up' their player and made a complaint to the Premier League in mid-July.

However, the League are not expected to find in Tottenham's favour - especially as the clubs have been negotiating for the last few weeks. As Sportsmail revealed last month, United's first offer of £20m for Berbatov was turned down with Spurs originally wanting £32m for the player.

But it is understood the clubs have now agreed on a fee of around £25m - money which Spurs will need to spend immediately on a replacement.

At United there will be jubilation if the deal goes through as Berbatov has been targeted to lead the line since impressing Ferguson in 2006-07.

With Louis Saha so often injured, United have not had a 'through the middle' striker since Ruud van Nistelrooy left.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I heard this hours ago 'through a whisper' but yuo can never believe them :D
No Im ****ing WELL excited. I really hope I wake up tomorrow and find out this
is ALL true.

Ill merge the threads when we find out if this is true or false :p

This line just makes me drool!!!!

Sir Alex Ferguson, who will be on the verge of fielding his dream attacking line-up
featuring Berbatov, Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

How bliddy awesome would those 4 be? :eek: :)

301 - 320 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.