Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 1906 Posts

· Banned
4,620 Posts
How the hell can people still go on and on about Huntelaar ?

Tell me one single thing he has ever done that is spectacular !!

He's been up and down Div 1 and Div 2 in the Dutch League trying to find
somewhere he fits in. Finally at the age of 24 he has managed that !!
He scored 30 goals in the Dutch League - big deal !!

He has been capped three times for real (the other 10 were all
friendlies against inferior opposition). Twice he played against
Romania who made him look positively average, below average
in fact !!!

Dirk Kuyt is selected before him in the National team which says it all really.

He does NOTHING on the international stage, he has played against inferior
opposition ALL his life and people are begging for him to join United !!!

Can anyone tell me how many bids from top clubs have come in for him ?

Let me tell you .... none, zippo, zilch, nietz, nil, not a single one !!!

It's not rocket science - what does this fact tell you ?

To mention him in the same breath as the great Dimitar Berbatov is
an insult if you ask me. Great international record, Champions League
experience, including a final I might add. He's been there, seen it,
done it in the Premier League and he still managed to score 23 times
playing for Spurs, lol. Considering we scored 1.8 times as many goals
as them last season, his 23 goals could in fact become 41 goals using
the 1.8 factor !!!

He will be another Eric Cantona, he has all the credentials to do so.
Huntelaar will be another Kieron Richardson, he has the credentials to do so.

· Banned
1,809 Posts
Dimitar Berbatov is expected to agree personal terms and seal a move from Tottenham Hotspur to Manchester United on Wednesday.
A host of national newspapers claim that the 27-year-old is due at United's Carrington training ground after being given permission to talk to Sir Alex Ferguson.

The striker will be offered a four-year deal worth around £80,000-a-week and looks likely to complete his £25 million move within the next 24 hours.

Berbatov trained with Spurs for the final time on Tuesday before the deal was struck.

Ramos has a list of targets he has handed to chairman Daniel Levy and sporting director Damien Comolli in anticipation of Berbatov's departure.

His transfer would be among radical changes at White Hart Lane, with Robbie Keane leaving for Liverpool and Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kaboul offloaded

· Banned
1,809 Posts
well huntealaar is a great player he only need a big team to show his talent
for your info Real madrid also was after him so ......
and for euro that why holland was out keeping a goal scorer machine sit anyway

and he is a sharp shooter and a class finisher
and also what about Torres when man utd was after him ???
and if he was at ot ??? imagine
loserpool took him and 30 goals he scored but no cup

by this im not telling Berba is not good he is also a top stiker
so Huntelaar is bicycle finisher named THE HUNTER
and if Sir Alex was after him he know what he was looking for
as nistelrooy was before you see so better admit it he is a very good player without any doubt.

cheers

· Registered
23 Posts
I think its pretty concrete. Fergie made it clear that buying a striker was is priority after the Community Shield and he will do all he can to get one in before the start of the season.

Berbatov is a class player. Its as simple as that. You could argue Huntelaar is more of a prolific striker or Santa Cruz is cheaper and would do an equally good job but we all know what Berbatov is capable of and considering its his "dream move" he'll be well up for it.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={C7DF7CEC-3BC3-4859-A3FD-FE4AAD215DD8}&newsid=6615931

I think its pretty close.

· Registered
128 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
well huntealaar is a great player he only need a big team to show his talent
for your info Real madrid also was after him so ......
and for euro that why holland was out keeping a goal scorer machine sit anyway

and he is a sharp shooter and a class finisher
and also what about Torres when man utd was after him ???
and if he was at ot ??? imagine
loserpool took him and 30 goals he scored but no cup

by this im not telling Berba is not good he is also a top stiker
so Huntelaar is bicycle finisher named THE HUNTER
and if Sir Alex was after him he know what he was looking for
as nistelrooy was before you see so better admit it he is a very good player without any doubt.

cheers
Huntelaar is known as a "fox in a box" striker

we are looking for strikers that display excellent close control and dribbling ability to pierce through opposition defences manutd is known specially for their counter attacks and ber is exactly the type of striker that we are looking at.
Dutch league is totally different from the epl they are somehow similar to the italians kinda slow tempo.Epl is totally different their famous for their speed.

And huntelaar can't dribble for nuts lol

· Registered
3,171 Posts
abojodeh said:
jazz i dont hate berbatov but 25 is too much for a 28 year old player
and signing berbatov would mean that we will not sign huntelaar

slipdigby i didnt trust the news so i decided to make my post a funny one ;)
For once i totally agree. I'm not too fond of paying that much money for someone of his age. We won't even be able to sell him on for a profit should that day arrive in the future.
On the other hand, i won't be complaining if we get him. He is bloody good...and will be vital for us this season should be get him.
Maybe we can offload Saha to them in part-exchange.

· Registered
23 Posts
NateR said:
For once i totally agree. I'm not too fond of paying that much money for someone of his age. We won't even be able to sell him on for a profit should that day arrive in the future.
On the other hand, i won't be complaining if we get him. He is bloody good...and will be vital for us this season should be get him.
Maybe we can offload Saha to them in part-exchange.
I think Spurs would rather have the cash. :)

· Registered
128 Posts
Latest Speculation

United close in on Berbatov
Dimitar Berbatov expects to be a Manchester United player within the next 48 hours. The Bulgarian striker has told his Tottenham team-mates that he is on his way to Old Trafford. The £25million deal ends a year-long pursuit of the player by United boss Alex Ferguson. As we reported on Saturday, United were confident the deal would be done by the end of this week. Now the Champions hope to unveil him as their new signing in time to be eligible for their big kick-off against Newcastle on Sunday. Berbatov, 27, feared the deal might be off when reports surfaced of possible United moves for Thierry Henry at Barcelona and Valencia’s David Villa. But Berbatov was always Ferguson’s No1 one target. He has had three bids rejected — last summer, in the New Year and at the end of this season.
Neil Custis, The Sun

Virtually every tabloid and broadsheet says the same, with varying transfer fees quoted, with the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph saying United will pay £28m.

BERBATOV MOVE IMMINENT - REPORTS

Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of completing his long-anticipated move to Manchester United, according to this morning's national newspapers.

Tottenham are reported to have agreed to sell the striker on Tuesday after the English and European champions tabled a substantially-improved bid.

After rejecting United's first offer of £20milion, Tottenham declared they would not consider selling the Bulgarian for less than £30million - but it is believed a fee of around £28million has now been agreed.

And the Daily Mail suggests Berbatov could even be a Manchester United player by the end of Wednesday, though most of the UK press suggest the deal will be done by the end of the week.

The Red Devils have pursued Berbatov for at least 18 months and were reported to the Premier League for 'tapping-up' the 27-year-old by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy last month.

· Registered
752 Posts

DIMITAR BERBATOV expects to be a Manchester United player within the next 48 hours.

The Bulgarian striker has told his Tottenham team-mates that he is on his way to Old Trafford.

The £25million deal ends a year-long pursuit of the player by United boss Alex Ferguson.

As we reported on Saturday, United were confident the deal would be done by the end of this week.

Now the Champions hope to unveil him as their new signing in time to be eligible for their big kick-off against Newcastle on Sunday.

Berbatov, 27, feared the deal might be off when reports surfaced of possible United moves for Thierry Henry at Barcelona and Valencia’s David Villa.

But Berbatov was always Ferguson’s No1 one target. He has had three bids rejected — last summer, in the New Year and at the end of this season.

Ferguson said last week: “We are looking at three or four different options about the strike department which we hope will come to a happy conclusion.

“Hopefully, we will have someone in for the start of the season.”

Meanwhile, United winger Ryan Giggs admits this could be his last season. The legendary Welshman, 34, said: “In the last couple of seasons, I’ve gone into competitions as if they were my last.

“I’m not getting any younger so it could be my final season.

“That’s my motivation — to stay in the team with good players around you, and to win things because you want to experience what we did last season.” -TheSun

BERBATOV MOVE IMMINENT

Dimitar Berbatov is on the verge of completing his long-anticipated move to Manchester United, according to this morning's national newspapers.

Tottenham are reported to have agreed to sell the striker on Tuesday after the English and European champions tabled a substantially-improved bid.

After rejecting United's first offer of £20milion, Tottenham declared they would not consider selling the Bulgarian for less than £30million - but it is believed a fee of around £28million has now been agreed.

And the Daily Mail suggests Berbatov could even be a Manchester United player by the end of Wednesday, though most of the UK press suggest the deal will be done by the end of the week.

The Red Devils have pursued Berbatov for at least 18 months and were reported to the Premier League for 'tapping-up' the 27-year-old by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy last month.

Berbatov's arrival is likely to hasten the exit from Old Trafford of Louis Saha, while it leaves Spurs searching for a new striker after also selling Robbie Keane to Liverpool earlier in the summer.-SportingLife.com

Fergie banks on Berbatov

United seal the deal for £25m Spurs striker

Dimitar Berbatov is expected to agree personal terms and seal his £25million move to Manchester United.

Sportsmail understands that the Bulgaria striker is due at United's Carrington training centre after finally being given permission by Tottenham Hotspur to talk to the Barclays Premier League and European champions.

The 27-year-old will be offered a four-year deal worth in the region of £80,000-a-week. United hope he will appear on their official pre-season team photo, scheduled to be taken on Friday.

If Berbatov agrees terms, his signing will end an 18-month pursuit by Sir Alex Ferguson, who will be on the verge of fielding his dream attacking line-up featuring Berbatov, Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo when the latter two regain health and fitness.

Ironically, the Premier League board are discussing Tottenham's allegations that United have behaved improperly in their pursuit of Berbatov. White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy believes United 'tapped up' their player and made a complaint to the Premier League in mid-July.

However, the League are not expected to find in Tottenham's favour - especially as the clubs have been negotiating for the last few weeks. As Sportsmail revealed last month, United's first offer of £20m for Berbatov was turned down with Spurs originally wanting £32m for the player.

But it is understood the clubs have now agreed on a fee of around £25m - money which Spurs will need to spend immediately on a replacement.

At United there will be jubilation if the deal goes through as Berbatov has been targeted to lead the line since impressing Ferguson in 2006-07.

With Louis Saha so often injured, United have not had a 'through the middle' striker since Ruud van Nistelrooy left. -DailyMail

WOOWOWOWOWOWOWO !!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!

· Registered
942 Posts
i would have prefered a younger striker but i
cant really be disappointed with this signing.

Berbatov is class. great control, proven scorer
and i can already imagine rooney and tevez
playin off him.

· Banned
9,345 Posts
manutd.com said:
Dimitar Berbatov expects to be a Manchester United player within the
next 48 hours.
The Bulgarian striker has told his Tottenham team-
mates that he is on his way to Old Trafford. The £25million deal ends a year-long
pursuit of the player by United boss Alex Ferguson. As we reported on Saturday,
United were confident the deal would be done by the end of this week. Now the
Champions hope to unveil him as their new signing in time to be eligible for their
big kick-off against Newcastle on Sunday. Berbatov, 27, feared the deal might be off when reports surfaced of possible United moves for Thierry Henry at Barcelona
and Valencia’s David Villa. But Berbatov was always Ferguson’s No1 one target.
He has had three bids rejected — last summer, in the New Year and at the end of
this season.
Neil Custis, The Sun
He'll be in a United shirt come Sunday....or so it looks now!

361 - 380 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.