Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1906 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
versa said:
I am actually very disappointed if true.

With Huntelaar screaming loudly for United to get him and sitting on his new contract, this comes as a little shock to be honest.

I much prefer Huntelaar. Younger, sharper and a natural finisher. And thought a finisher is what we urgently need to complement Tevez and Rooney, the fox-in-the-hole type of players.

Berbatov? He is class BUT even Ramos can't stand his attitude, like some of us already suspected and mentioned in this forum. That would be a major problem, I reckon... when the going gets tough, the 'tough' can't get going. What fer???!!??

I pray it is not true. Just my opinion.
totally agree with u

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
So we've supposedly tabled a bid. How would Spurs fans react to Berbatov choosing to move up yet stay in the same league?

I mean English clubs tend to have a peculiar mentality when it comes losing players to rivals.

If I was Berbatov I would be gunning for a move to AC Milan.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I read this in the Daily Mail this morning and thought nothing of it then it's appeared in various papers so maybe it is true!

But there's no quotes confirming or anything are there?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Huntelaar the better option theres no question about that, age, most prolific, better attitude, and the boy would 'love' to join United. Dont get me wrong Berba is one of the most majestic players i've seen ince Cantona but do we need someone else like that ? we've got Rooney and Tevez who are absolutely superb with their movement and technique on the ball so i would say we dont need him, what we certainly do need though is a fox in the box and a player that at times is prepared to just be a impact player and a player that is prepared to be rotated, however either Berbatov or Huntelaar would be adequate, after all both aren't going to come cheap but the United fans will love either one im sure :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
id prefer him over huntalar but his attitude is really bad
hopefully if he comes he'll pipe down and accept different stipulations
like not playing ever single match

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
huntelaar for me. we dont need a striker who can create chances for teammate. we have rooney and tevez to do that already. we need someone like huntelaar to do it. yes, manucho might be able to do it, but he's not really proven, just that he caught sir alex's eyes with his performance for his nation. so well, i would prefer huntelaar.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Utd 'show Berbatov interest'
Spurs striker's agent makes claim amid offer speculation
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3811434,00.html

Dimitar Berbatov's agent is 'certain' Manchester United are interested in signing the Tottenham Hotspur striker.

Berbatov's future at White Hart Lane has been the subject of conjecture for some time, with the 27-year-old linked with a move away from North London for much of last season.

United have been strongly linked with Berbatov in the past; however a move in January failed to materialise.

Fresh reports in Saturday's press claimed that the Premier League and UEFA Champions League holders had offered £20million for the Bulgaria international.

Speaking of the rumours linking the Red Devils with a bid for Berbatov, the forward's agent has claimed United are monitoring his situation at Spurs.

"I know for certain Manchester United have shown interest in signing Dimitar Berbatov," agent Emil Danchev told Bulgaria's Darik radio. "But I'm not entitled to make any more comments."

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've done it, I couldn't resist....i've added him on Pro Evo. I hope there is full use of all forwards this season, be a shame to get anyone benched.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Drew9 said:
Huntelaar the better option theres no question about that, age, most prolific, better attitude, and the boy would 'love' to join United. Dont get me wrong Berba is one of the most majestic players i've seen ince Cantona but do we need someone else like that ? we've got Rooney and Tevez who are absolutely superb with their movement and technique on the ball so i would say we dont need him, what we certainly do need though is a fox in the box and a player that at times is prepared to just be a impact player and a player that is prepared to be rotated, however either Berbatov or Huntelaar would be adequate, after all both aren't going to come cheap but the United fans will love either one im sure :)
exactly my sentiments!
we have someone dying to play for us yet we chose to sign someone who might spoil the team's dressing room spirit. dont really understand.
however the strikeforce with him also makes me drool :D just that his attitude is the only problem.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Lets face it we have never replaced ruud , we are in need of a top class centre forward all be it huntelaar or berbatov

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not overly enthusiastic that we are in for him. He has loads of talent but his attitude stinks. Still if SAF wants him then he's a far better judge of a player than I will ever be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
agent: berbatov will go to man utd

Dimataar berbatov will be ofloaded to man united for a fee of 20-25m. the striker has stated he wuld like to go, spurs will sell if they get another striker, lokking at david villa, van der vaart and arshavin.

21 - 40 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.