26,061 Posts
abojodeh said:
the 2 points you said
"berbatov scored 23 with tottenham but with us he will score more"
and
"berbatov dont rely on his pace so he have 5 years to shine"
this two points work with santa cruz
he will definitely score more with us
pls his goal per game ratio is higher and blackburn mid is worse than tottanhams

so this means RSC is better for us and ccchhhhheeeeeeeeeaaaapppppeeeeerrrrrrrr ;) :)
But Berba will not slow down our attack, Santa Cruz would make us more 1 dimensional, plyus the fact that he just isn't as good a player as Berbatov (all round)

Plus Santa Cruz has a bad injury record, which knowing our record would mean a lifetime in the phisio room for him.

·
Registered
128 Posts
versa said:
Hi mate. You disappeared from the forum as soon as last season ended. Lol.

Perhaps you have missed some fireworks here on Huntelaar/Berbatov debate. I disagree with your arguments for Berbatov as The Choice. But looking at the turn of events and that he is the only name left still linked to us, there is really nothing left for me to argue about too... :(

Give me some time to get over things... ;)
hi there versa i totally agree that we all have our different points of view if this transfer were to be huntelaar i would be glad too whatever that is best for the club :) As for me berbatov is my first choice no hard feeling mate :)

·
Proto-Hipster
49,169 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
How the hell can people still go on and on about Huntelaar ?

Tell me one single thing he has ever done that is spectacular !!

He's been up and down Div 1 and Div 2 in the Dutch League trying to find
somewhere he fits in. Finally at the age of 24 he has managed that !!
He scored 30 goals in the Dutch League - big deal !!
he scored 30 since he was 23 and he have a ,90 + goalscoring ration since he was 21 :rolleyes:
He has been capped three times for real (the other 10 were all
friendlies against inferior opposition). Twice he played against
Romania who made him look positively average, below average
in fact !!!
one shot one kill, didnt he score from his first shot :p EURO 2008
Dirk Kuyt is selected before him in the National team which says it all really.
bastin depends on van nistelrooy as a mark man and he uses 2 other wing strikers with vnr 4-3-3
so cuz dirk kuyt is able to play more wider positions than huntelaar, kuyt is chosen
and lets not forget that kuyt can play as wing forward

He does NOTHING on the international stage, he has played against inferior
opposition ALL his life and people are begging for him to join United !!!
as i said above
huntelaar or van nistelrooy only one can play regular
and vnr is chosen due to his great experience

Can anyone tell me how many bids from top clubs have come in for him ?
real madrid 2008
arsenal and us have been long time linked with him
barcelona 2007

Let me tell you .... none, zippo, zilch, nietz, nil, not a single one !!!

It's not rocket science - what does this fact tell you ?

To mention him in the same breath as the great Dimitar Berbatov is
an insult if you ask me. Great international record, Champions League
experience, including a final I might add. He's been there, seen it,
done it in the Premier League and he still managed to score 23 times
playing for Spurs, lol. Considering we scored 1.8 times as many goals
as them last season, his 23 goals could in fact become 41 goals using
the 1.8 factor !!!
comparing berbatov finishing to huntelaars is an insult for huntelaar
have you ever seen huntelaar miss a sitter like berbatov
huntelaar have more aerial power more physical ability and clinical finishing with a nasty ability to score from critical angles

you all doubt that klass will not be a goalscorer in the epl cuz he never played in good league
but did benzema play in a good league NO!
what could make benzema a good goalscorer in the EPL
benzema and huntelaar have been playing in a decent leagues and nothing sure if they can be top goal scorers in the epl
so what make every body go excited when we are linked to benzema
saying that huntelaar cant be a good scorer in the epl cuz he never played in the epl
and not saying that about benzema would be unfair

He will be another Eric Cantona, he has all the credentials to do so.
Huntelaar will be another Kieron Richardson, he has the credentials to do so
oww carly richardos is a winger shheshh :rolleyes: .
.......:rolleyes:

·
26,045 Posts
Garnet said:
hi there versa i totally agree that we all have our different points of view if this transfer were to be huntelaar i would be glad too whatever that is best for the club. As for me berbatov is my first choice no hard feeling mate :)
Not at all though I swear I saw the grin in your face. :p

I am actually preparing a secret reception for him to be unveiled here if he does come. ;)

And of course, Jazz will have a lot of things to say, being the captain of the Berbatov camp. I am also preparing myself for that. :D

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
CARLY,CARLY CARLY - I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR HUNTELAAR SLATING...Just stop it please - you'd get embarassed eventually . take it from a man who slated torres...i used to have similar "arguments"you have...he's a class act...a prolific marksman who scores almost in every match he's involved with...and what's best - he doesn't need to be involved the entire match to score, he doesn't need to play great to score..he just scores, he's rvn,inzaghi,trezeguet , eduardo type a footballer...a fox in the box...plus he's younger than berbatov ... and dirk kuyt doesn't keep him out of the team - he keeps rvp or robben on that winger position...rvn keeps him out of the team...well he kept him, now when he's gone huntelaar will be their forst choice striker...and you can't just underestimate the guys numbers by saying "phew so he scored a couple of goals, big deal"...those are not arguments against him...that's just refusing to accept the obvious ...

·
Banned
295 Posts
I have to say these reports may be a bit premature, I don't think its possible that Berbatov was at Carrington today because he was training with the rest of the Spurs squad this morning. The pictures and video of this mornings training are on the Spurs website. Spurs seem to be sending a message from this video of the squad in training because if you watch closely the camera at one point focuses on Berbatov in particular and zooms in. If the media made up the bit about him being at Carrington today then im not sure if the rest of the stories are true. I don't think we should get excited until this is official, I expect Mr Levy to make it as difficult as possible. I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I have to say these reports may be a bit premature, I don't think its possible that Berbatov was at Carrington today because he was training with the rest of the Spurs squad this morning. The pictures and video of this mornings training are on the Spurs website. Spurs seem to be sending a message from this video of the squad in training because if you watch closely the camera at one point focuses on Berbatov in particular and zooms in. If the media made up the bit about him being at Carrington today then im not sure if the rest of the stories are true. I don't think we should get excited until this is official, I expect Mr Levy to make it as difficult as possible. I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported.

G

·
Abo said:
How the hell can people still go on and on about Huntelaar ?

Tell me one single thing he has ever done that is spectacular !!

He's been up and down Div 1 and Div 2 in the Dutch League trying to find
somewhere he fits in. Finally at the age of 24 he has managed that !!
He scored 30 goals in the Dutch League - big deal !!
he scored 30 since he was 23 and he have a ,90 + goalscoring ration since he was 21
He has been capped three times for real (the other 10 were all
friendlies against inferior opposition). Twice he played against
Romania who made him look positively average, below average
in fact !!!
one shot one kill, didnt he score from his first shot :p EURO 2008
Dirk Kuyt is selected before him in the National team which says it all really.
bastin depends on van nistelrooy as a mark man and he uses 2 other wing strikers with vnr 4-3-3
so cuz dirk kuyt is able to play more wider positions than huntelaar, kuyt is chosen
and lets not forget that kuyt can play as wing forward

He does NOTHING on the international stage, he has played against inferior
opposition ALL his life and people are begging for him to join United !!!
as i said above
huntelaar or van nistelrooy only one can play regular
and vnr is chosen due to his great experience

Can anyone tell me how many bids from top clubs have come in for him ?
real madrid 2008
arsenal and us have been long time linked with him
barcelona 2007

Let me tell you .... none, zippo, zilch, nietz, nil, not a single one !!!

It's not rocket science - what does this fact tell you ?

To mention him in the same breath as the great Dimitar Berbatov is
an insult if you ask me. Great international record, Champions League
experience, including a final I might add. He's been there, seen it,
done it in the Premier League and he still managed to score 23 times
playing for Spurs, lol. Considering we scored 1.8 times as many goals
as them last season, his 23 goals could in fact become 41 goals using
the 1.8 factor !!!
comparing berbatov finishing to huntelaars is an insult for huntelaar
have you ever seen huntelaar miss a sitter like berbatov
huntelaar have more aerial power more physical ability and clinical finishing with a nasty ability to score from critical angles

you all doubt that klass will not be a goalscorer in the epl cuz he never played in good league
but did benzema play in a good league NO!
what could make benzema a good goalscorer in the EPL
benzema and huntelaar have been playing in a decent leagues and nothing sure if they can be top goal scorers in the epl
so what make every body go excited when we are linked to benzema
saying that huntelaar cant be a good scorer in the epl cuz he never played in the epl
and not saying that about benzema would be unfair

He will be another Eric Cantona, he has all the credentials to do so.
Huntelaar will be another Kieron Richardson, he has the credentials to do so
oww carly richardos is a winger shheshh :rolleyes: .

Great post Abo, I agree with most of that you said there. I still think we should
sign Berbatov, but anyone saying that Huntelaar is rubbish is either on very
strong medication or doesn't know much about football.

I can think of about 30 spectacular things that he did and they are all compiled
into a youtube video somewhere. He's the bicycle kick king :cool:

Fantastic player but he isn't right for United and would make us very one
dimensional in my opinion.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
-zuco- said:

Great post Abo, I agree with most of that you said there. I still think we should
strong medication or doesn't know much about football. (OR IS JUST A GIRL )
ONLY KIDDING CARLY :p

I can think of about 30 spectacular things that he did and they are all compiled

i'm no sexist... just a silly old joke ;)

oh and - i posted a link of that video a few months ago...and there's no such a thing as one dimensional united..at least not while having the likes of tevez,rooney,nani and ronaldo with him..we wouldn't be too dependant on him - he would be AN OPTION

·
Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
-zuco- said:

strong medication or doesn't know much about football.

yeah thats pretty much my opinion aswell.

·
26,045 Posts
Banana-rama said:
So who the hell can it be? Berbatov is the only name left now that is linked to us. Is Fergie targeting somebody else altogether and planning a surprise?:confused: [;) :D]

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,947 Posts
Its looks a bit 50/50 at the minute with Berbatov, because all the papers are saying hes goin to sign in pretty much 48 hours, but he trained for Tottenham this morning and they will probably want to keep him being that they only have him and Bent has strikers...Berbatov being the proven goalscorer.

Im just hoping we do get him as he would be a superb addition to our attack and i think he would make us the most complete football team in the world.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
"I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported."
banana - you do know RVN was in full training and even played a friendly match just days before he signed for real...

sean2689 said:
Its looks a bit 50/50 at the minute with Berbatov, because all the papers are saying hes goin to sign in pretty much 48 hours, but he trained for Tottenham this morning and they will probably want to keep him being that they only have him and Bent has strikers...Berbatov being the proven goalscorer.

Im just hoping we do get him as he would be a superb addition to our attack and i think he would make us the most complete football team in the world.
he will sign allright - just like carrick and hargo have

·
Banned
1,809 Posts
garnet whatever you say Huntelaar is a class ok mate

berba is very good and will excel at man utd
but if ever hunter would come no doubt he would also
he is young yes and has lot of talent and he is a goalscorer machine and at man utd youknow well how many chance we miss infront
well SAF has choose berba and the later want big competition
as he is really motivate to form part of it
so he will play with super Rooney and Tevez
our squad too good no one will stop us for treble this year

cheers

401 - 420 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.