Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
421 - 440 of 1906 Posts

· Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
CARLY,CARLY CARLY - I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR HUNTELAAR SLATING...Just stop it please - you'd get embarassed eventually . take it from a man who slated torres...i used to have similar "arguments"you have...he's a class act...a prolific marksman who scores almost in every match he's involved with...and what's best - he doesn't need to be involved the entire match to score, he doesn't need to play great to score..he just scores, he's rvn,inzaghi,trezeguet , eduardo type a footballer...a fox in the box...plus he's younger than berbatov ... and dirk kuyt doesn't keep him out of the team - he keeps rvp or robben on that winger position...rvn keeps him out of the team...well he kept him, now when he's gone huntelaar will be their forst choice striker...and you can't just underestimate the guys numbers by saying "phew so he scored a couple of goals, big deal"...those are not arguments against him...that's just refusing to accept the obvious ...
I think its because he scored against Romania LOL

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
I think its because he scored against Romania LOL
between you and me - me too...he scored a double against us when we were leading 2-0 in zagreb but i'm not that in love with him... just lacks that something to be a spot on for a big signing imo. i dont know what but ....

· Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
"I can't see why he would be in full training with Spurs if a transfer to another club was expected within the next day or two as has been reported."
banana - you do know RVN was in full training and even played a friendly match just days before he signed for real...

he will sign allright - just like carrick and hargo have
CRO there was actually some doubt about if the RVN transfer would happen because the clubs couldn't agree on a fee, so thats why he was still training and playing. All the reports are saying that Berbatov to Man Utd is a done deal, if this is true then why is he still in full training with Tottenham, if he was to get injured the whole transfer would be off.

Also, I don't expect the transfer to happen until Spurs have other strikers lined up to replace him. I don't think Spurs will allow a situation where they start the season with only Darren Bent.

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
CRO there was actually some doubt about if the RVN transfer would happen because the clubs couldn't agree on a fee, so thats why he was still training and playing. All the reports are saying that Berbatov to Man Utd is a done deal, if this is true then why is he still in full training with Tottenham, if he was to get injured the whole transfer would be off.

Also, I don't expect the transfer to happen until Spurs have other strikers lined up to replace him. I don't think Spurs will allow a situation where they start the season with only Darren Bent.
because it was just reports...and they have made a bid for kanoute

· Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
because it was just reports...and they have made a bid for kanoute
CRO the papers in england are not just reporting it as rumours, all the papers here in england are reporting it as a done deal and are saying that he is due for a medical at Carrington in the next 24 hours. That cannot be true because why would he be in full training with Tottenham if that was the case. And a bid for Kanoute is not a completed transfer, Sevilla are a very difficult club to buy players from.

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
CRO the papers in england are not just reporting it as rumours, all the papers here in england are reporting it as a done deal and are saying that he is due for a medical at Carrington in the next 24 hours. That cannot be true because why would he be in full training with Tottenham if that was the case.
i know what you mean but reports from england...?lol is there any serious journalism overthere ?:p

26,045 Posts
-zuco- said:
Great post Abo, I agree with most of that you said there. I still think we should sign Berbatov, but anyone saying that Huntelaar is rubbish is either on very strong medication or doesn't know much about football.

I can think of about 30 spectacular things that he did and they are all compiled
into a youtube video somewhere. He's the bicycle kick king :cool:

Fantastic player but he isn't right for United and would make us very one
dimensional in my opinion.
Agree with assessment on Abo. :eek: ;)

But on the contrary, Huntelaar would complement workhorses/supportive strikers, Tevez and Rooney, so much better than Berbatov.

He does not need to be good at "dribbling" or "creating space and opportunities for others" or show flair or ooze class or thread a killer pass etc; we have enough players doing that already. He just needs to be the "fox in the box" to score clinically and consistently - he truly scores in almost every game he plays, not just in the Dutch League alone, but also in the recent high-level Amsterdam Tournament. And no prize for guessing, his last goal was also his last game against Arsenal (not yet another Dutch team, mind you).

And it does not necessarily mean that it will be one-dimensional, boring and predictable Route One approach by sending the ball, both high and low, towards Huntelaar. Movement can still be fluid. And on the contrary again, besides being the goal poacher, he can also be the main striker allowing Tevez and/or Rooney to play off him and thus acts as an effective decoy for them to have more scoring opportunities than the current set up.

Huntelaar would get the balance right for us. Not Berbatov.

· Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
i know what you mean but reports from england...?lol is there any serious journalism overthere ?:p
Well you have to understand that there are many rag papers here in England who's reporting is not worth the paper its written on such as the Star, the Mirror, the Sun etc. The papers that you can usually trust over here are The Times, The Telegraph and The Independent.

· Registered
128 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
garnet whatever you say Huntelaar is a class ok mate

berba is very good and will excel at man utd
but if ever hunter would come no doubt he would also
he is young yes and has lot of talent and he is a goalscorer machine and at man utd youknow well how many chance we miss infront
well SAF has choose berba and the later want big competition
as he is really motivate to form part of it
so he will play with super Rooney and Tevez
our squad too good no one will stop us for treble this year

cheers
Hi Ritesh i am not saying that huntelaar is weak listen closely as i break it down and proceed huntelaar is similar to RVN commonly known as fox in the box RVN did well in 2001 when he was in man utd but that was back then cards have change recently in the game liverfool/chelski ext... somehow playing de fox in the box tactic.Remember the match just last season how manchester clowned them when we are home.Torres did pretty well that night have you seen him ? See why liverpool got robbie kean....

See this tactic is out for now in the epl yea maybe it suits the spanish league or the italian league. That's all i can say

sorry for any typo i am rushing gona pack up now time to go home!

· Registered
1,185 Posts
If this goes through Newcastle next week is going to be an awsome atmosphere obviously because it's the first game of the season but also we would have finally signed a proper center forward, it's going to be like having Cantona all over again, WOOOHOOOOO !!

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
i really cant believe people compare him to cantona...out of all people who we have in our team and who can be compared to cantona ( tevez for his ability to score important goals, ronaldo for his class as a player, and rooney for, well just being rooney) , you compare berbatov..ridiculous

· Banned
295 Posts
CROoney said:
i really cant believe people compare him to cantona...out of all people who we have in our team and who can be compared to cantona ( tevez for his ability to score important goals, ronaldo for his class as a player, and rooney for, well just being rooney) , you compare berbatov..ridiculous
I think it is an absolutely valid comparison, I think they are very similar. The reason he is being compared to Cantona is because he is seen as the final player that we need, if we can sign him than our squad is complete.

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Banana-rama said:
I think it is an absolutely valid comparison, I think they are very similar. The reason he is being compared to Cantona is because he is seen as the final player that we need, if we can sign him than our squad is complete.
but cantona was THE player we needed, and we don't need berbatov like we needed cantona...berbatov is an option cantona was The God..i mean we showed that we can cope with only rooney and tevez up front...we don't need him as we needed cantona - thats my point...we are european champions and snatching berbatov is not half as important as it was buying cantona

· Registered
4,058 Posts
He has some attributes of King Eric, but I get wary of people comparing him to Eric and saying he is going to be the second coming. He has none of the personality that Eric had/has and won't have the special connection with the fans, IMO. That is the reason Eric is still revered so highly here, is that he loved playing in front of us, as much as we loved watching him play for us.

But I do think he would be a fantastic purchase for us.

· Registered
11,456 Posts
Look, this shouldn't be a discussion about which player is better.

I'll tell you right now that Berbatov>Huntelaar, but Huntelaar is more of what we need.

Having said that, Berbatov is a great player and will generate 30 goals through scoring AND assists.

I'm excited and I hope it is announced within the next 24 hours.

BRING IT ON!

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Look, this shouldn't be a discussion about which player is better.

I'll tell you right now that Berbatov>Huntelaar, but Huntelaar is more of what we need.

Having said that, Berbatov is a great player and will generate 30 goals through scoring AND assists.

I'm excited and I hope it is announced within the next 24 hours.

BRING IT ON!
agree - but i'll tell you right now that huntelaar is better than berbatov :p

· Registered
3,512 Posts
well if this is true i for one will be over the moon.
i have had to go away on a business trip and missed the charity shield , i will be back on friday and hope he has signed , this will be the best news of the summer for me and i cannot wait to go to old trafford against newcastle.
i just hope this is not just paper talk .

421 - 440 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.