Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 460 of 1906 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've heard this as well, my friend text me telling me around 4 hours ago or something i don't want to get excited though just in case it's not true :) Hope i get up tomorrow and turn on teletext to see a deal finalised :p

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Crooney, you're one opinionated lad as everyone knows but some of your points just make me laugh.

People at OT, for example the people i go to watch United with compare him with Cantona because of his ability, his precense, and his ora on a football pitch, 'the moody magiction' nobody would dare compar Cantona's character or importance because in many ways Cantona put Man Utd back on the map in the 90's. The truth is the only player who has come close to Cantona in terms of influencing a game is Ronaldo, and he will never come close to Cantona as a legend because of his character and personality, saying Berba would be like signing a new Cantona was meant as a compliment to Dimitar Berbatov, not a disrespect to the KING ERIC CANTONA, i hope this clears things up.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Drew9 said:
Crooney, you're one opinionated lad as everyone knows but some of your points just make me laugh.

People at OT, for example the people i go to watch United with compare him with Cantona because of his ability, his precense, and his ora on a football pitch, 'the moody magiction' nobody would dare compar Cantona's character or importance because in many ways Cantona put Man Utd back on the map in the 90's. The truth is the only player who has come close to Cantona in terms of influencing a game is Ronaldo, and he will never come close to Cantona as a legend because of his character and personality, saying Berba would be like signing a new Cantona was meant as a compliment to Dimitar Berbatov, not a disrespect to the KING ERIC CANTONA, i hope this clears things up.
Definately. Cantona was more than just a great player. He somewat represents the rebirth of United as far as getting us to the top. He led our team and left an impression on the Class of 92. Berbatov may be a very, very good player and his style may be similar to Eric's, but he will ever have the status or make the impact that Eric did. Atleast its HIGHLY unlikely anyway.

·
23,699 Posts
daily express

BERBATOV UNITED MOVE HITS £3M HITCH

Manchester United and Tottenham were last night still haggling over a fee for Dimitar Berbatov.

United are understood to have upped their initial bid from £20million to £25m while Spurs have lowered their original valuation of the Bulgaria striker from £32m to £28m.

But that still leaves a £3m difference and Spurs are not keen to go any lower, with Zenit St Petersburg playing a similar game of hard-ball over Andrei Arshavin, priced at £21m.

As the clubs seek a compromise, Berbatov has been left in limbo.

Spurs want to soften the blow of losing Berbatov by making sure Arshavin arrives at the same time – while with last season's 42-goal top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo out until October, Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to strengthen his strikeforce to avoid being left in the blocks in the title race.

The difference could be made up by extra payments related to United's success in the Premier and Champions League and domestic cup competitions, plus the number of games Berbatov plays.

As Dimitar Berbatov waited last night for a breakthrough over his projected £28million transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Manchester United, the Premier League demanded more evidence from both clubs over the allegation of an illegal approach by the English and European champions.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4526488.ece

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
versa said:
daily express

BERBATOV UNITED MOVE HITS £3M HITCH

Manchester United and Tottenham were last night still haggling over a fee for Dimitar Berbatov.

United are understood to have upped their initial bid from £20million to £25m while Spurs have lowered their original valuation of the Bulgaria striker from £32m to £28m.

But that still leaves a £3m difference and Spurs are not keen to go any lower, with Zenit St Petersburg playing a similar game of hard-ball over Andrei Arshavin, priced at £21m.

As the clubs seek a compromise, Berbatov has been left in limbo.

Spurs want to soften the blow of losing Berbatov by making sure Arshavin arrives at the same time – while with last season's 42-goal top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo out until October, Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to strengthen his strikeforce to avoid being left in the blocks in the title race.

The difference could be made up by extra payments related to United's success in the Premier and Champions League and domestic cup competitions, plus the number of games Berbatov plays.

As Dimitar Berbatov waited last night for a breakthrough over his projected £28million transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Manchester United, the Premier League demanded more evidence from both clubs over the allegation of an illegal approach by the English and European champions.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4526488.ece

grrr getting annoyed with this sodding saga, if spurs are going to be so pig headed about it then there is other people out there who could do the same job grrr

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Fret not!

We're almost there.

To keep up the anticipation watch another video....

Besides his finishing, pay attention to the headed goals, first touch, body strength...

Berbatov + Rooney + Tevez + Ronaldo + Scholes + Nani + Anderson = Severe major drooling.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i dont think people are saying he is as good as king eric , just his style of play is very similar .
i hope berbatov feeds ronaldo , nani ,rooney and tevez the way eric fed giggs and kanchelkis .
there will always be only one king eric and i think berbatov will be his own man and bring much needed leadership to our front line .
i am so excited i feel like jumping on a plane today insted of tomorrow , there is no sports news channel here to keep in touch with proceedings its all olympics

·
23,699 Posts
Can't get excited...

Tottenham set Manchester United record £32million fee for Dimitar Berbatov

Angry Spurs will make ****y Fergie pay record transfer for Berbatov...

Furious Spurs are determined to force Manchester United to bend to their terms before letting Dimitar Berbatov go to Old Trafford.

White Hart Lane chief Daniel Levy was left incandescent by claims from United that they were on the verge of competing a deal for the Bulgarian hitman, before Tottenham had even received a formal offer.

And now Spurs will demand a British record fee in excess of the £32million United agreed to complete the full transfer of Carlos Tevez last year before allowing the 27-year-old to go.

While Tottenham had put a £30m price tag on Berbatov's head, they had been privately willing to settle for £28m.

That would represent an £18m profit on the player they signed from Bayer Leverkusen in 2006 and has scored 23 goals in each of his two campaigns in N17.

But Spurs' stance has hardened, with senior figures accusing United of taking the mickey by talking up a phantom £20m bid for Thierry Henry in an effort to spook them into a rush sale.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ion-fee-for-dimitar-berbatov-115875-20696803/

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
im sorry but ive had it with this now nothing aginst berbatov but hes not worth all this hastle and all this money

as much as i want to see berba as a red levy just seems to have a vendetta with us for no reason, lets put this into contex, sells his club captin and according to them best player to liverpool for 20mil yet he gets cheeky with us and says 32mil.

run away the man dont desurve our cash

as weve all said theres other players out there who would be cheaper and can play the same role as berbatov, pull out now get one of them, and let levy rest this appanrt h*** on he has with power, hes the hitler of football

rant over :D

441 - 460 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.