Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
641 - 660 of 1906 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
I am more disturbed to see him walking slowly towards the centre of the pitch when Spurs lost possession in offence. Even though he was a substitute and when Spurs were down by just one solitary goal then. Rooney and Tevez would have been running and chasing for the ball.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
versa said:
I am more disturbed to see him walking slowly towards the centre of the pitch when Spurs lost possession in offence. Even though he was a substitute and when Spurs were down by just one solitary goal then. Rooney and Tevez would have been running and chasing for the ball.
But we don't want that. How many times have BOTH Cappelo and Fergie told Rooney to stay up the pith?

tbh when he came on I definately thought he made an impact, every single attack they had he played a part in - it just wasn't enough.

He was the only player able to create anything from open play as Modric was poor.

FWIW Fergie was at the Everton - Blackburn match in which Santa Cruz scored IN.

·
23,699 Posts
TheManc said:
But we don't want that. How many times have BOTH Cappelo and Fergie told Rooney to stay up the pith?

tbh when he came on I definately thought he made an impact, every single attack they had he played a part in - it just wasn't enough.

He was the only player able to create anything from open play as Modric was poor.

FWIW Fergie was at the Everton - Blackburn match in which Santa Cruz scored IN.
I am not trying to pick on him since I have already half-accepted him to be our most probable signing, given the deafening noises over the past week.

I just have reservations about his attitude, mentality and professionalism.

Staying upfield is not a problem; I am not expecting him to do a Rooney or Tevez by covering so much ground to even the extent of coming back to our own half to collect the ball and start things. Just don't walk! Especially not forgetting he was a second half substitute and that the team was down. I would have expected a little more effort, even as he remained upfield, as a professional should. Walking in that circumstance surely can't be an option.

Agree on the part though that he still looked more lively than others when Spurs were in offence but no so-called end product at least in this game? I was switching between channels but still saw him backflicking the ball but to no avail and mis-timing a volley altogether.

Still wondering why Fergie was at Goodison Park...

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
versa said:
I am not trying to pick on him since I have already half-accepted him to be our most probable signing, given the deafening noises over the past week.

I just have reservations about his attitude, mentality and professionalism.

Staying upfield is not a problem; I am not expecting him to do a Rooney or Tevez by covering so much ground to even the extent of coming back to our own half to collect the ball and start things. Just don't walk! Especially not forgetting he was a second half substitute and that the team was down. I would have expected a little more effort, even as he remained upfield, as a professional should. Walking in that circumstance surely can't be an option.

Agree on the part though that he still looked more lively than others when Spurs were in offence but no so-called end product at least in this game? I was switching between channels but still saw him backflicking the ball but to no avail and mis-timing a volley altogether.

Still wondering why Fergie was at Goodison Park...
Yeah maybe his personality is a bit of a worry, but if you think about it, its well known that he is desperate to join us, but if he was a bad proffessional then wouldn't he kick up a fuss? Like Adebayor did, like Ronaldo did ect?

He does get a bit of stick for his lazyness and while he is by no means a worker like Tevez, his style does make him look worse than he is.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did sign Santa Cruz now, but if you think about it, when Fergie sets his sights on someone he usually gets his man, so maybe this was just a bit of mind games with Levy.(I'm talking about why he was at the Everton - Blackburn match.)

·
23,699 Posts
TheManc said:
Yeah maybe his personality is a bit of a worry, but if you think about it, its well known that he is desperate to join us, but if he was a bad proffessional then wouldn't he kick up a fuss? Like Adebayor did, like Ronaldo did ect?

He does get a bit of stick for his lazyness and while he is by no means a worker like Tevez, his style does make him look worse than he is.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did sign Santa Cruz now, but if you think about it, when Fergie sets his sights on someone he usually gets his man, so maybe this was just a bit of mind games with Levy.(I'm talking about why he was at the Everton - Blackburn match.)
Agree he can't be that bad in his professionalism afterall. For at least he kept his mouth shut throughout this period and didn't say things like "I have a dream", "you know what I want", "I can't talk about the future", "only God knows" etc. :D But then again, has he been just sulking away? :p ;)

Well.... I am ready, Fergie. Surprise me please. :D

·
23,699 Posts
Zense_United said:
good for us, now they need more strikers in and letting old one outs, so we'll probably get him
Latest.

sportinglife

RAMOS COY OVER BERBATOV

Tottenham manager Juande Ramos played a straight bat to all queries about the future of star striker Dimitar Berbatov amid continued speculation he is set to join Manchester United.

The Bulgarian has been linked with a £25million move to Old Trafford but Ramos was adamant on Saturday, after the 2-1 defeat to Middlesbrough in their opening Barclays Premier League game, that no offer had been put in for the player and that Berbatov had not formally requested a transfer.

After seeing his side beaten by goals from David Wheater and ex-Spurs forward Mido, Ramos said: "Obviously we have been concentrating on the game and since Friday our minds have been on the game.

"For the moment Berbatov is a Spurs player. We are happy with him, he is part of the Spurs squad and there is nothing to say about it, I don't have any comment to make on it."

Berbatov was introduced as a 65th-minute substitute, but Ramos insisted the decision to start the match with him on the bench had nothing to do with the player's state of mind.

"We actually opted for Giovani (dos Santos) because we thought that his speed would be something that would trouble Middlesbrough," Ramos added.

"However, as Middlesbrough tired in the game we thought it might be the right moment in the game to throw on Berbatov."

Asked if he wanted Berbatov to stay, he replied: "Of course, I love great players."

He also insisted United were yet to make a renewed bid for the player, while hinting that Spurs' own recruitment drive might not be over yet with Russian star Andrei Arshavin still linked with a move to north London.

He said: "We have lost one forward (Robbie Keane). Let's just see if we're capable of adding to the squad in one or two areas, putting an end to any purchases and then seeing how we can get everyone to play as a team and as an efficient unit."

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Is him being on the bench today a good or bad sign ? He didn't come off it did he ? So i'm guessing it's good, because in normal circumstances even if he had a nigly injury, if you were 2-0 down you would put on your best striker.

I really have my hopes up now, i think he would suit our style of play fantastically. I saw a stat in the Daily Mail today about his goal scoring record for Spurs, i was suprised it wasn't better, but at United I'm sure it would rise :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Berbatov will be signed before the end of the window and Spurs will probably go for Arshavin and maybe another forward and midfielder, a strong one based on today's performance; getting out muscled by Middlesborough isn't something to be proud of, then again we all know how tough it can be up there.

It will be interesting to see how Dimitar fits in up front, will he drop off, will he be a patient line player? Who knows, should be interesting to see.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Kyle1982 said:
Berbatov will be signed before the end of the window and Spurs will probably go for Arshavin and maybe another forward and midfielder, a strong one based on today's performance; getting out muscled by Middlesborough isn't something to be proud of, then again we all know how tough it can be up there.

It will be interesting to see how Dimitar fits in up front, will he drop off, will he be a patient line player? Who knows, should be interesting to see.
Adressing what is in bold: I am confident this is not how he will play...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Berbatov will need to find a house in Manchester first and also he has a wife so he will probably need to talk to her about it as well. Loads of things that he needs to get sorted before he can join us.

It will probably take until the end of the window to get him signed up.

641 - 660 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.