Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
841 - 860 of 1906 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well hope so as his case is ??????????????
well huntelaar will be the best move for man utd
and berba price is a bit high but we need someone as well get him lol

i had SAF mobile number lol i have forget the number thought
he is a great friend of mine lol
could tell him not to delay about this deal lol
hahaha

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
well hope so as his case is ??????????????
well huntelaar will be the best move for man utd
and berba price is a bit high but we need someone as well get him lol

i had SAF mobile number lol i have forget the number thought
he is a great friend of mine lol
could tell him not to delay about this deal lol
hahaha

Hilairious where do you get your jokes from ?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Poyet unsure on Berbatov

Gus Poyet was unable to shed any light on Dimitar Berbatov's future following Tottenham's 2-1 defeat to Sunderland.

Manager Juande Ramos left Berbatov out of his squad for the clash at White Hart Lane, stating that he was 'not focused enough' to play.

Poyet insists that Ramos had no alternative after the Bulgarian revealed in a meeting that he was not in the 'right frame of mind'.

Berbatov has been linked with a move to Manchester United for much of the summer and Poyet admits it has been a tricky time for the club.

Asked if Berbatov had played his last game for Spurs, the Uruguayan coach told Sky Sports: "I don't know.

Difficult
"After having a meeting he did not find himself in the right frame of mind to play. That is why he was not in the squad.

"When the player says to the manager that he does not feel in the right condition to play a full game at this level, I do not think you have any option.

"It is a difficult situation. We have been talking about it for two or three months and we have another week now."

The transfer window closes on 1st September and Poyet is relieved the matter will finally be resolved.

"He is a fantastic player, but if someone doesn't want to be here, then we need to sort it out," Poyet explained.

"We have seen it this summer with Robinho and (Cristiano) Ronaldo. It is difficult for a club to keep hold of these players when there are so many rumours that he is leaving."

Tough game
Poyet was disappointed with Spurs' loss to the Black Cats as he felt the result could have been different.

Tottenham looked the more likely winners after Jermaine Jenas cancelled out Kieran Richardson's opener, but Djibril Cisse headed home for Sunderland late on.

Poyet reflected: "We knew it would be a tough game. I think we controlled the game most of the time in the first half, and we tried to get the first goal in the second half.

"We found ourselves 1-0 down, which was a shock, but we fought back.

"We played very well and scored, but maybe when we were thinking about scoring a second, they went forward and won the game.

"It is hard to take but that's football."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_4037336,00.html

·
23,699 Posts
Danny said:
"After having a meeting he did not find himself in the right frame of mind to play. That is why he was not in the squad.

"When the player says to the manager that he does not feel in the right condition to play a full game at this level, I do not think you have any option.
Putting everything else aside, this is so wrong and unprofessional. Period.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Berba or hunty?

hmm.. Berba is a proven striker in the EPL but huntaleer is a better player in my eyes! he cud probley score more goals for united than berba!?
but berba wud be nice..
ahh well..
i we got either one id be a happy chappy! :D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Tottenham Hotspur boss Juande Ramos has given the clearest indication that want-away striker Dimitar Berbatov still has his heart set on a move to Manchester United.

" I waited to speak to the player when he returned from international duty and made a decision about whether or not he was right to play," Ramos is quoted by the BBC as saying.

"I have not selected him as I do not think he is focused enough and I do not feel that he will be good for the dressing room and the team effort."

He continued: "It doesn't matter how good a player is, if he is not in the right frame of mind, then he will not perform well. The only thing I concern myself with is picking the best team to try and win the game."

"I shall talk to the player on Sunday, he is our player and we shall work with him at training," he concluded.

Goal.com

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
no-wukkas said:
Typical United brinkmanship. I find it really irritating. What is an extra two or three million to United. Look at how Chelsea has strengthened and we are quibbling over a few pounds. It's really pathetic. Then we'll get injuries (we already have), and turn into January 12 points behind. What will 2 million pounds have seemed worth then. Gill and co. are just penny-pinching cretins.
good point there mate
we have lost few footballers for a two-three million matter (Ronaldinho as stretty said)
but the question is does a 27 year old striker who have scored 23 goal at most deserve a
transfer record ? does he?
does he deserve to be the Premiership most expensive footballer of all time ?
does Berbatov deserve to be more expensive than Rooney/Tevez/Ferdinand ?
will Berbatov do what other players did for cheaper price ? (Henry 10millions/Ruud18million)
the answer for every question is no
Fergie wants a striker and he probably knows that Berbatov don't deserve 32 million

Tottenham have refused 28 million and they want extra 3millions
and we are refusing to add three millions
Fergie can make 3 millions within a week by selling 2 or 3 average youth players but
Fergie knows the Sulkatov don't deserve 32 million
3 millions won't affect our money issue but 32 are too much for Dimitre :)

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
With Tottenham leaving him on the bench for the game against Sunderland, he's going to go stale and wont want to play. This will affect Tootenham especially their wage bill :p So they will have to slash the price for berbatov eventually I guess

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #855 ·
Sownak27 said:
With Tottenham leaving him on the bench for the game against Sunderland, he's going to go stale and wont want to play. This will affect Tootenham especially their wage bill :p So they will have to slash the price for berbatov eventually I guess
He was left out all together.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
We according to the papers we've made a 25m take it or leave it offer so will probs get him for 25. I think he is worth it, he's good in the air something were lacking recently. :D

·
Registered
934 Posts
Spurs drop Berbatov
23/ 8/2008

STRIKER Dimitar Berbatov was left out of the Tottenham squad for the Premier League clash at home to Sunderland after head coach Juande Ramos accused him of not being focused.

Ramos also accused the Bulgarian of having a negative effect on the dressing room after handing in a transfer request as he looks for a move to United.

The decision came after United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted he is running out of time to bring in a new striker.

Tottenham have refused to drop their asking price for Berbatov and possible alternatives David Silva, Thierry Henry and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar seem equally unattainable, raising the possibility the transfer window will close with United not having added to their current strike force.

That includes untested youngsters Fraizer Campbell and Danny Welbeck, plus injury-prone Frenchman Louis Saha, who is predictably sidelined at present.

Ferguson has not given up but he accepts the clock is ticking.

"I am less optimistic than I was," said Ferguson, recalling that exactly a week ago he said a surprise was imminent.

"We have 11 days left before the transfer deadline and we are working at something but you never know in football.

"It may happen, it may not. If it doesn't we will carry on with what we have got."

If Ferguson fails to get the addition he is looking for, it will mean an added burden for Wayne Rooney.

The England forward has been criticised recently for spending too much time covering ground he should really leave to others.

It is an observation Fabio Capello, among others, has made. And while Ferguson is not willing to chastise the 22-year-old for what he regards as an admirable trait, he accepts it is something Rooney needs to work on.

"Wayne does too much around the pitch at the expense of what he does up front," said Ferguson.

"It is a waste of his energy to chase back to our own penalty area for instance.

"But it is not something to worry about too much. It is purely down to enthusiasm and natural energy. He just loves playing football."

In that sense, Ferguson likened Rooney to former United skipper Roy Keane.

And, like Keane, the Red Devils chief feels the Merseysider will learn with experience.

"With Keane, where the ball was, he wanted to be there," said Ferguson.

"There is nothing wrong with that enthusiasm.

"Don't forget Wayne is only 22. We hope to channel what he does.

"His natural affection for the game will help him too. He has started to identify the fact it is a weakness.

"He needs to be more involved around the edge of the box - but it is only a small correction."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1063953_spurs_drop_berbatov

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
841 - 860 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.