Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 1906 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
haha oh dear :p how bout david villa?
Huntelaar or David Villa is not actually the issue; it could be any recognised goal poacher.

We have to first answer the question whether a Cantona or a goal poacher is more dire for us with our current mix of players and to do away with our now very unhealthy reliance on The Slave for goals. Back to the drawing board. :p

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
versa said:
Huntelaar or David Villa is not actually the issue; it could be any recognised goal poacher.

We have to first answer the question whether a Cantona or a goal poacher is more dire for us with our current mix of players and to do away with our now very unhealthy reliance on The Slave for goals. Back to the drawing board. :p
goal poacher all the way imo, a cantona although good i dont think the team would work around him (berba) like they did with eric, so poacher all the way

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Way I See Wen We Had Rudd He Scored Alot Of Goals But I Think We Play With More Pace And Power Now Which Is Class.i Want Us To Sign Berbatov The Man Is Pure Class The Pen He Scored In The Cup Final Alone Showed His Calibre But Spurs Are Tryin To Take The **** As Usual , On The Other Hand I Think This Deal Is Gonna Happen

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Spurs Drop Berba Price - But Not For United

According to The Sun, Spurs will drop their asking price to ₤25million to encourage Barcelona and AC Milan to make a bid for Berbatov, who is intent on leaving White Hart Lane.

Both clubs have expressed interest in the 27-year-old, who has scored 46 goals and assisted many more since arriving in England two summers ago from Bayer Leverkusen.

The silky striker is desperate to play in the Champions League, however, which effectively rules the Rossoneri out of the running for the time being – although it should be noted that Adriano Galliani has managed to lure Ronaldinho and Gianluca Zambrotta to San Siro despite this handicap.

Barca is the more likely destination but new coach Josep Guardiola is likely to cease his search for a new forward if he decides to hold onto Samuel Eto’o, who has been linked to both Spurs and Milan.

If the Cameroonian hitman does stay at Camp Nou, then the Lilywhites may be forced to sell to United, who have already lodged a ₤20million bid – well short of the ₤30million they were originally quoted.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will be loath to see Berbatov move to Old Trafford, having been at loggerheads with Sir Alex Ferguson in the media recently.

Goal.com

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
^^^^

Omg....i read that on goal.com and after that I was so fricken ****ed!!! What dogs :mad: If they do that I will hate Tottenham with all my heart equally like I hate Liverpoo, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City! That is like the most doggish thing they could do! I want Berbatov so much...I am just waiting for the deal to go through and then I will order my new white away kit with his name on it!

I was thinking we should do the same with Ronaldo and Real Madrid...like you know offer him to Barca if he thinks he is a slave and wants out and like do a Messi swap so he will go to Spain but not Real Madrid lol I was actually like kidding around but it looks like Spurs want to be dogs for real! I really hope it is not true...Berbatov is what we are lacking and with him we will be great next season.

·
Registered
427 Posts
United To Ditch Berba Bid
Manchester United have reportedly begun looking at other options after conceding defeat in their quest to sign Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham Hotspur…

According to News of the World, Sir Alex Ferguson will drop his pursuit of the Bulgarian hitman, as whatever relationship United and Spurs previously shared has disintegrated over the past week or so.

Lilywhites chairman Daniel Levy crucified Ferguson in the press recently, accusing the Scot of tapping-up Berbatov and labelling him a hypocrite given his vocal opposition to Real Madrid’s approach for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Furthermore, the North London club have made it clear over the last few days that they are willing to take a significant financial hit to sell their star striker abroad. They had been demanding well over ₤30million from United, but recent reports suggest Barcelona could snap up the 27-year-old for around ₤25million.

Hence, Ferguson has turned one eye elsewhere to resume his search for a new targetman – a type of player the Red Devils have lacked since Ruud van Nistelrooy left Old Trafford in 2006.

Ajax gun Klaas-Jan Huntelaar – widely regarded as the ‘new Van Nistelrooy’ – is thought to be at the top of the pile, while Blackburn Rovers’ Roque Santa Cruz is also in the frame.

Who United end up signing, and how much they spend, could well be determined by Ronaldo. If the Portuguese star does make the ₤70million move to the Bernabeu, Sir Alex could easily afford Berbatov’s lofty price.

Indeed, the 23-year-old’s departure could even see Ferguson rekindle his interest in French prodigy Karim Benzema, for whom Olympique Lyonnais had been demanding some ₤48million.

goal.com

·
23,699 Posts
Brock said:
United To Ditch Berba Bid
Manchester United have reportedly begun looking at other options after conceding defeat in their quest to sign Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham Hotspur…

goal.com
Oh dear, hope it is not true. Just when I am finally getting used to the idea of having Berbatov in our ranks.. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
As long as we have a proven clinical striker I will be fine but my first choice now would be Berba...if its Huntelaar or Villa or Eto'o we get later on I will still be very happy...we just cannot NOT sign a striker.

And the part of saying that it all depends on Ronaldo is bull. We have what 60m pounds to spend on ONE player!!! How does that depend on Ronaldo then? Bogus. After winning the CL and EPL the media are trying to make us believe we need to sell before we buy hahah Sorry we are not liverpoo!

Fergie just simply wont be held to ransom because paying something like 35m for Berba is just too much just like how AC Milan and Barca lost interest in Adebayor after his price was at 35m pounds...Spurs is just playing the same trick trying to get us not interested and plus Man City had a bid rejected at 32m last year or January so yeah I guess they do not want a penny less? They did the same trick with Carrick thinking we will not pay 18m overall but we did and that made Spurs fans angry lol

·
Registered
736 Posts
ManUtd finally will get Berbatov next WEEK......

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will take his spending to £56million this week by finally capturing Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov.

Months of bargaining for the Bulgarian striker will pay off for Ferguson when he lands his target at last – just days after United broke the British transfer record with a £32million deal for Carlos Tevez's permanent move to Old Trafford.

It is understood that Tevez rejected overtures from Real Madrid and one other major European club because he was so happy at Manchester United.

And now the Tevez deal is sorted, talks with Spurs about Berbatov are expected to reach a critical stage within the next 48 hours – with a deal expected by the end of the week.

That would allow Berbatov to link up with his new team-mates when the squad returns from the African pre-season tour.

United face international and domestic competition for Berbatov, with Barcelona, AC Milan, Newcastle and local rivals Manchester City all still hoping to attract the Spurs' star.

But Ferguson's position is helped by the fact Berbatov has a heartfelt ambition to perform alongside icons like Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes – and Cristiano Ronaldo if, as looks likely, he stays for another 12 months.

Relations between the two clubs have strained recently – with Spurs complaining to the Premier League about United's behaviour concerning their interest in Berbatov.

They believe he has become increasingly unsettled by United over the last 12 months.

Spurs haven't been willing to discuss Berbatov because they couldn't themselves fix up the first-choice replacement – Zenit St Petersburg hitman Andrei Arshavin.
SundayExpress Newspaper

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i still think Berba will come..i realy don't see any other striker...joining us in this summer...benzema...too expensive...the hunter don't think so..though i like him a lot...so..Berba it is

·
23,699 Posts
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...out-of-race-for-38m-berbatov-115875-20673522/

Man United priced out of race for £38m Berbatov

Manchester United are set to give up on their bid to land Dimitar Berbatov after being quoted a staggering £38million by Tottenham for the Bulgaria striker.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy have become embroiled in a war of words over Berbatov after Spurs rejected a £20m bid.

The Premier League and European champions were planning to increase their initial offer, but have now decided to look at alternative options after Levy reported United for tapping up the 27-year-old and Ferguson responded by threatening legal action.

That could lead to a game of brinkmanship, with Spurs likely to use Barcelona's growing interest to crank up a bidding war for Berbatov but United are refusing to pay a premium on a player who cost £10.9m from Bayer Leverkusen two seasons ago.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=508476

Is Fergie using reverse psychology?

Several reports in today's media are suggesting that Manchester United are considering pulling out of any deal to take Berbatov to Old Trafford.

Call me cynical but quite frankly I don't believe a word of it!! maybe I am wrong, but I think this is a case of Fergie using reverse psychology, in an attempt to panic Daniel Levy into doing a deal, as the options for the sale of the greatest living Bulgarian disappear.

Suggested alternative names for United to court are plenty, Huntelaar, Eto, Santa Cruz, Benzema and even Spurs 'Target' David Villa, so they wouldn't be short of options should they decide to pull out. All are possibly easier captures than Berbatov as Spurs seem determined NOT to sell to United at any cost..

What would the ramifications be, If United did pull out? Would there be a late bid from the likes of Barcelona who seem to be the only other club to publicly express any genuine interest or could we expect late bids from teams slightly lower in the food chain, like Fiorentina, Roma or Athletico Madrid. All have the lure of Champions league football, have the financial muscle to do a deal and are clubs that would give Berba what he wants and allow him and Tottenham to keep face.

The other blindingly obvious alternative is that Berba stays a Spurs player. would this really be unthinkable for all concerned? If Senor Ramos manages to bring in a 'Box Office' replacement for Robbie keane ala, David Villa or similar alongside players like Modric, Bentley (maybe), Dos Santos and a quality central defender like Diaz, would this make Berba feel that the club could actually match his ambitions and break into a smile?

Sorry I am expecting far to much with the smile bit.........

·
23,699 Posts
sportinglife

NO UNITED FRONT ON BERBA REPORTS

There are conflicting reports about Manchester United's pursuit of Dimitar Berbatov in Sunday's national newspapers.

The Sunday Times and News of the World claim United have abandoned their bid for the Bulgarian after being quoted an asking price of £38million.

That fee would break even the British record fee they are said to be preparing to secure Carlos Tevez on a permanent basis as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to boost his forward line ahead of the new season.

United have seen a £20million bid rejected, and with the valuation of the two clubs so far apart, United could well consider alternative options.

However, the Sunday Express claims United will complete a move for the Bulgarian this week, taking their summer spending to around £56million.

It reports that talks with Spurs are approaching a critical stage and that a deal is "expected by the end of the week".

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TheManc said:
Make sure Jazz doesn't see the reports dismissing Berbatov, he'll have a fit if he thinks we won't get him :D
lol, Ive seen them but Im choosing to ignore them.....
Hopefully its more crappy paper talk. Either way, Im not impressed :mad:
and this deal better go ******* through pronto.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lol i agree Jazz, if you'd of asked me the day after the champions league final i would of said no way to signing Berbatov !

But it's strange it seems to have got more and more appealing to the thought of signing Berbatov.

One things for sure we would have the most complete squad ever if we sign him, and probably thhe most potent fornt line in Europe (if we dont already) if we sign him, just thinking of it now i would love to be at wembley in a few weeks with Berba lineing up alongside Tevez Rooney Rio and co, it would be amazing, and it would take some attention off Ronaldo for a while :) which will be good for both him and us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only one of the players mentioned here that can compete with Berbatov is Villa
Not Eto'o, not Santa Cruz, not Benzema and certainly not Huntelaar
Eto'o is done for... he had his moment of glory and it passed
I kinda like Santa Cruz but he's never been a real top quality player... Blackburn is the best he deserves
Benzema and Huntelaar are just a couple of youngsters whose potential has been overrated
Rossi has more potential then both of them togather if a youngster is what we're looking for
Berbatov is an awesome player at his prime who wants to play for United... it can't get any better then that
And don't give me the attitude nonsense
He wants to play for United, Sir Alex wants to have him but the blasted chairman won't let him? Of course he won't be happy

161 - 180 of 1906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.