Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havr recently been reading about a slight rift between our number 9 and ronaldo. i dont know why this has come about, and dont know if it is really true.

watching inter milan last night berba didnt really look happy and people on here have been stating that berba looked angry after the match, angry with ronaldo i might add, and people saying ronaldo doesnt want to give him the ball.

if anyone knows anything about this please post it here, along with opinions etc etc

in my opinion berba was poor last night so maybe ronaldo was right to have a dig himslef

Z

·
0 Posts
This is the first I've heard of a rift between the two. What's the source of your info? :confused:

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I've never heard about this possible rift between them two. What's your source BTW? I think its just a speculation

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I remember reading something about this before.
It said something about how ronaldo wouldn't pass to berbatov, but after berbatovs magical assist to ronaldo against west ham, Ronaldo started to pass to him.

Both players think they are the star player!

I agree about berbatov last night, his body language wasn't great, I know he didn't get best service but Rooney and Tevez would have made a bigger effort to get into the game. I expected more from him in the CL

·
23,699 Posts
i havr recently been reading about a slight rift between our number 9 and ronaldo. i dont know why this has come about, and dont know if it is really true.

watching inter milan last night berba didnt really look happy and people on here have been stating that berba looked angry after the match, angry with ronaldo i might add, and people saying ronaldo doesnt want to give him the ball.

if anyone knows anything about this please post it here, along with opinions etc etc

in my opinion berba was poor last night so maybe ronaldo was right to have a dig himslef
I also read that Ronaldo and Tevez don't pass the ball to each other [source: manutdtalk forum]. :biggrin

Since then, I can't help but scrutinise every game when they are playing together. Does not seem to be true at all.

Similarly, I am not alerted to this Ronaldo and Berbatov's tiff. Shall keep an open mind and scrutinise from now too.

Btw Berbatov was not poor. Except for one instance when he should have done better when put through, he had a a few decent efforts and was pretty much involved. Thought Giggs and Ronaldo should have crossed the ball to him instead of going for personal glory.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember reading something about this before.
It said something about how ronaldo wouldn't pass to berbatov, but after berbatovs magical assist to ronaldo against west ham, Ronaldo started to pass to him.

Both players think they are the star player!

I agree about berbatov last night, his body language wasn't great, I know he didn't get best service but Rooney and Tevez would have made a bigger effort to get into the game. I expected more from him in the CL
i agree mate, rooney or tev would of made much more of an impact upfront, let giggs have the left side of midfield maybe paired with carrick or fletcher.
in my opinion giggs/berba didnt work too well although giggs had an alright game

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I also read that Ronaldo and Tevez don't pass the ball to each other [source: manutdtalk forum]. :biggrin

Since then, I can't help but scrutinise every game when they are playing together. Does not seem to be true at all.

Similarly, I am not alerted to this Ronaldo and Berbatov's tiff. Shall keep an open mind and scrutinise from now too.

Btw Berbatov was not poor. Except for one instance when he should have done better when put through, he had a a few decent efforts and was pretty much involved. Thought Giggs and Ronaldo should have crossed the ball to him instead of going for personal glory.
Tevez went through a phase where he wouldnt pass to anyone unless Rooney was playing.

Makes you wonder but if there are conflicts between certain individuals. Its bound to happen though, there is so many different cultures at OT so there will no doubt be conflict of interest, but the players should be professional enough to not let it show on the pitch.

How many different Nation are represented at Man Utd?

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tevez went through a phase where he wouldnt pass to anyone unless Rooney was playing.

Makes you wonder but if there are conflicts between certain individuals. Its bound to happen though, there is so many different cultures at OT so there will no doubt be conflict of interest, but the players should be professional enough to not let it show on the pitch.

How many different Nation are represented at Man Utd?
that is a fair point but most football clubs represent a lot of nations.
i personally think rooney is our most gifted and unselfish striker. i think tevez showed a hint of not passin to anyone when he put 4 past blackburn, im glad he put 4 in but still, he couldve shared the glory but he was probly tryin to prove himself to fergie.

but if there is rifts we need to sort them out, it doesnt seem like ronaldo has any problems with anyone, he dishes the ball out, makes assists, and opens up space for other players. berbatov might be a bit jealous, pains me to say it but you never know.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

I was the member who stated that he is not happy :) And my opinions is not based on just this game. It is like this since he arrived at OT. Here in Bulgaria we are looking very closely what Berbatov is doing and how his teammates play with him.

He has very good understanding with most of the players except /Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez - all latinos/ Maybe this is just a coincidence.
It is true that Tevez has the reason not to like him. But Nani and Ronaldo just want all the credit.

TBH I like Ronaldo as a player and I said to my father that Ronaldo was MOTM for the first few minutes. But he decided to score instead of doing the vital assist. I would have voted for him if he had just passed the ball.

We have to choose either to play like last year /without CF/ or to play like the time Ruud was in our team. Why we need target man if we don't give him the ball ???????

About the question why I think he is angry:
He said that to Bulgarian TV just after the game. The word he used was something like REFUSE.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was the member who stated that he is not happy :) And my opinions is not based on just this game. It is like this since he arrived at OT. Here in Bulgaria we are looking very closely what Berbatov is doing and how his teammates play with him.

He has very good understanding with most of the players except /Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez - all latinos/ Maybe this is just a coincidence.
It is true that Tevez has the reason not to like him. But Nani and Ronaldo just want all the credit.

TBH I like Ronaldo as a player and I said to my father that Ronaldo was MOTM for the first few minutes. But he decided to score instead of doing the vital assist. I would have voted for him if he had just passed the ball.

We have to choose either to play like last year /without CF/ or to play like the time Ruud was in our team. Why we need target man if we don't give him the ball ???????

About the question why I think he is angry:
He said that to Bulgarian TV just after the game. The word he used was something like REFUSE.

in that case i have a few questions for you.
which vital assist are you talking about ?
what did he say to bulgarin TV?
refuse?

if he is not happy he needs to pull his socks up and get on with it, we cant have this turning into a big chelsea style escapade where the team is divided.

i also think maybe that some of the players maybe do not like givin him the ball because of the way he plays, he does hold the ball up a lot, but not when you want him to. when our build up play is fast the ball goes to berba and he slows it down allowing the opposition to make a recovery. we need to be fast, i think berba should work on his speed aswell. that would help.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
so - it seems berbasulk's starting to sulk again.... lol just kidding - they're both big egoes imo...

but berba needs to start delivering against the big boys asap...

let me put it this way - if tevez played such a horrible match ( and berba's had them quite a few, mostly against the big guns) people would start their usual "ain't worth the money " threads/posts

but i can see why fergie opted for him instead of rooney or tevez -he can hold on to a bhall like no other player - and we need that - unfortunately, or should i say fortunately - we decided not to do that, we decided to attack them

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
in that case i have a few questions for you.
which vital assist are you talking about ?
what did he say to bulgarin TV?
refuse?

if he is not happy he needs to pull his socks up and get on with it, we cant have this turning into a big chelsea style escapade where the team is divided.

i also think maybe that some of the players maybe do not like givin him the ball because of the way he plays, he does hold the ball up a lot, but not when you want him to. when our build up play is fast the ball goes to berba and he slows it down allowing the opposition to make a recovery. we need to be fast, i think berba should work on his speed aswell. that would help.
I am talking about the two situations where Ronaldo didn't pass. I can't tell you the exact minutes. And I don't mean giving him the ball near the midfield. I mean only the situations into the penalty box.
And he will not have 9 assist if he is not playing for the team. So he is not dividing the team. Other players do it with their selfishness.

And the target man is responsible of finishing the good crosses. And the midfielder is responsible of doing such crosses. Not only shooting. Every coach will tell you the same.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
hey zoran my man - ronaldo opted to pass to him twice and berba was just not quick enough , and wasn't on the right place at the right time mate - i rememebr that cos i teased my friend who's an inter fan saying that if berba had been any quicker we would have been leading...

oh and i thought everyone here agrees that we're not target man type a team anymore - people were saying we were too one dimensional - which i disagree with -

and berba is certainly not a target man

cheers mate

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
hey zoran my man - ronaldo opted to pass to him twice and berba was just not quick enough , and wasn't on the right place at the right time mate - i rememebr that cos i teased my friend who's an inter fan saying that if berba had been any quicker we would have been leading...

oh and i thought everyone here agrees that we're not target man type a team anymore - people were saying we were too one dimensional - which i disagree with -

cheers mate
OMG,
I will not post anymore about this game. It was just once and he was grabbed by the defender. It was s clear penalty. Ronaldo just refused to pass at the other two situations. Just watch the game again pls.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am talking about the two situations where Ronaldo didn't pass. I can't tell you the exact minutes. And I don't mean giving him the ball near the midfield. I mean only the situations into the penalty box.
And he will not have 9 assist if he is not playing for the team. So he is not dividing the team. Other players do it with their selfishness.

And the target man is responsible of finishing the good crosses. And the midfielder is responsible of doing such crosses. Not only shooting. Every coach will tell you the same.
well maybe he should make sum better runs, there was balls played to him, and he couldnt catch them, or ****ed it up. eg when he hit the side netting, that couldve been squared to *player in box*.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

cheers mate

couldnt agree with you more mate.
just not fast enough, tevez wouldve latched onto them balls. and about the right place right time- i thought near enough all the runs he made were poor, uncoordinated and were never going to come of anything.
found myself saying `nooo dont pass to him' whenever berba got the ball.

and the targetman thing. a target man is supposed to wait in the box, hold the ball and score is he not? a target man is no good if he is forever outside the box and not fast enough to get into it.
bring back TEVEZ

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

cheers mate
OK, here is the link just see this moments:
Inter Milan vs Manchester United Highlights - MySoccerPlace.net - The Real Football Social Network

3:20 - See Berbatov's position. If you remember he managed to find Ronaldo from similar position against West Ham. His placement here was good IMO

11:20 - You mentioned this situation. Look at the left hand of the defender. He didn't grab him very strong but it is enough to slow him down. Ronaldo always fall down for a penalty if they touch him like that.

12:15 - I don't see him being slow here. He made the needed run but Giggs didn't choose the best moment to pass. He had no no other option after that.

So you tell he has been late many times. Just send me a link and the moments to look for. It is easy to speak without any proofs. Just I am waiting for links pls.

I just can't see the situations where Ronaldo decided not to pass. I will post them when I find them.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I have been slowly getting on the Berba bandwagon, but last night's performance was not impressive. During a first half that we completely dominated, you would have expected a big presence from Berba. He had little or no impact and the body language was self evident. There are times when a touch more effort is called for from every player - last night was one of them.

I also don't like him complaining to the media, that doesn't help at all.
Hopefully, he will get over this very quickly.

As for a rift with Ronny - Ronny didn't pass to ANYONE in the first half.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts