Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Berbatov or Rooney

go on people - it seems according to SAF who knows the best (like most of you like to say in order to prove that berbatov is better than tevez, and i'm by no means doubting the great manager with this sentence ) he is the best striker in our team and better than rooney

he's been subbed less times than anyone bar ronaldo i think , almost every match the first pick he's gotta be better than rooney

i'm interested in what you english have to say on this one

Berbatov or Rooney

boy this is gonna be mouthwatering

be carefull what you're saying about rooney's abilities and advantages cos many of those can come back to hunt you when tevez comes into question

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
rooney.
+ it is like he has been at this club for ages and that can be seen on the pitch. he knows his collegues and they know him very well -> resulting the capability to make lethal combinations. as i seen he works very well with players like ronaldo, carrick, giggs, park....etc
+ he is a hard worker, great capability to effort and has the ability to reach balls that seemed lost.
what im trying to say is all his hard work has a good and noticeable result for us.
+ he has a good and powerfull shot.

- imo he is not a genius player and its not necessarily a match winner. he cant seem to be able to pull some crazy trick and save a game.
- he is not that good at hiting balls with the head. but he is also not very tall.

berbatov.
+ great technique, he controlls the ball very well. its almost impossible to get the ball away from him.
+ he is a genuis. he can always give an unexpcted pass, get rid off 2 opponents from a single move and create a goal out of thin air.
+ he seems to be always the right guy, at the right time and place.
+ tall guy, great header.

- a bit lazy. doesent really make the defensive game.

so if you take them separately they have pluses and minuses. but each other minuses are the others pluses and viceversa. thats why they create a symbiosis and i think they are the best attacking couple for us.

tevez may also have some of rooney's abilityes but while rooney's work is felt, tevez's work seem to have no result. also rooney is better in the attack game.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
sunchaser said:
but each other minuses are the others pluses and viceversa.
Exactly, and both have very different styles of playing, Roo with the powerful bullish approach in contrast to Berba's gracefull elagance...

But if you said that due to a split...we had to loose one and keep the other, I'd keep Roo every time...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow - funny how you all avoid taking sides _

either rooney or berba - c'mon lads

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
And why should we be taking sides with players wearing the same red shirt we all should adore? :rolleyes:
was thinkin the same thing, always do wen i c these 'versus' debates:) they usually end up in player slanging!

but at same time give a good debate. personally its rooney for me. impact player, always puts in 100%, lifts the crowd and is energy and drive is amazing. when rooney doesnt play its clear to c the difference in our game most of the time.

but thats not to say i dont rate the berb. was a bit taken aback at 1st (mainly due to price tag but thts not the players fault) he has has improved as the season has gone on. personally i think he will get better as season continues:)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was thinkin the same thing, always do wen i c these 'versus' debates:) they usually end up in player slanging!

but at same time give a good debate. personally its rooney for me. impact player, always puts in 100%, lifts the crowd and is energy and drive is amazing. when rooney doesnt play its clear to c the difference in our game most of the time.

but thats not to say i dont rate the berb. was a bit taken aback at 1st (mainly due to price tag but thts not the players fault) he has has improved as the season has gone on. personally i think he will get better as season continues:)
i thought tevez had that too... hmmm:confused:

i thought those were his attributes ;)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
hmm funny i never saw that responce in berba or tevez thread ;)
First of all when i was discussing in the Berba and Tevez thread, i wasn`t taking sides with anyone, just discussing who should start along with Rooney because in my opinion Berbatov and Tevez aren`t compatible to play with each other. And secondly, both Berbatov and Rooney should start upfront so choosing one is bloody nonsense ;)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i thought tevez had that too... hmmm:confused:

i thought those were his attributes ;)
both do but rooney has a bigger effect. when he gets the ball u feel it in the crowd he will make good use of the ball.

Cro, ur a good man for gettin the debates going, keep it up:thumbsup:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First of all when i was discussing in the Berba and Tevez thread, i wasn`t taking sides with anyone, just discussing who should start along with Rooney because in my opinion Berbatov and Tevez aren`t compatible to play with each other. And secondly, both Berbatov and Rooney should start upfront so choosing one is bloody nonsense ;)
according to goals they assisited to eachother they're more compatible than rooney and berbatov

it seems saf did a bloody nonsense in milan then ;)

and back when he took off rooney against arsenal i think

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
CROoney , i will take a side :)
I don't want to mention their pluses and minuses - sunchaser did it.
Berbatov is a great player , but Rooney is also a real leader.
If I am a manager , Rooney will be the last player I would sell.

My vote - Rooney

·
Banned
9,926 Posts

My vote - Rooney
Q.E.D.

;) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

My vote - Rooney
great - one of the rears taking side ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts