Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
hmm funny i never saw that responce in berba or tevez thread ;)
First of all when i was discussing in the Berba and Tevez thread, i wasn`t taking sides with anyone, just discussing who should start along with Rooney because in my opinion Berbatov and Tevez aren`t compatible to play with each other. And secondly, both Berbatov and Rooney should start upfront so choosing one is bloody nonsense ;)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
according to goals they assisited to eachother they're more compatible than rooney and berbatov

it seems saf did a bloody nonsense in milan then ;)

and back when he took off rooney against arsenal i think
Are you talking about this only season where Berbatov was present ? Or the overall statistics of Tevez along with Roo eh? ;)
And anyone can assist a goal anyways, most of them are assisted by midfielders. Its their both overall goals which really counts in this case.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
that works:) i think criticizing a player after just over half a season at the club is a bit harsh tho. im happy as a team were doin so well!
I agree of course, can`t see why someone should dislike Berbatov let alone hating him ! He took his time to settle, fair enough, he found his feet now and is producing better performances altho he can still have shaky games at times. All this is completely normal for me tho, all players pass from such phases. Can`t see what`s all the fuss for. Maybe its because its Berbatov ? I don`t know :)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
good points:) at 1st he wasnt scoring too many in the league, but since december hes been doin well. as i said befor (could be another thread) his best has yet to come.

as for the fuss, its prob the 30m fee, but thats not his fault. he will pay it back in goals and trophies and memorable moments in the coming seasons:first:

plus hes very stylish!
I`ve always disagreed to include fees when discussing players. It was not going to make any difference if we paid 10mill for him .. The expectations were not going to decrease neither were they going to increase if we paid more. When we signed him we knew what Berbatov was capable of, all we wanted was to see him doing his upmost, end of.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
really ?

picture this - we bought nani for what 17 million - what do you expect of him

we bought manucho for peanuts -what do you expect from him .- why isn't anyone questioning him

;)
Well oh well, questioning Manucho on a 1 performance basis ? Now i don`t think that`s the best name to choose to prove your argument my mate ;)

Wasn`t expecting anything from Nani when we bought him because i wasn`t sure what his strengths and weaknesses are, now that i know i am waiting for him to improve his weaknesses and keep his pluses on going and if he`ll be able to do that then he will be worth every penny.. :happy

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
but don't you think that if he was that good he'd be given more chances

and if he was that good probably would have been paid more -

why everyone thinks veron was a flop ?

he actually did some good things but not good enough for 30 million

but pretty solid for what we got back for him ( 20)
Are you talking about Nani or Manucho?

Well if your argument here is about Nani .. in the same argument you can say that if he was as bad as some people say he is, he has already been shown the back door.
And Manucho .. He is on loan to gain more experience because with the strikers available this season he was not going to maintain any first team experience.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
you said something about expections from a player who's been paid a lot of money

it does play part - expectations are higher from nani than from manucho

everyone's slating nani not because of what he did but of what he didnt' and can't do to justify the price tag - and if he gets sold people will treat him as a big flop

unlike in manucho's case - no one would care nor remember cos they werent espceting anything from a player so cheap
Wait till Manucho comes back to Old Trafford and have some minutes under his belt and then we will see if the people here will criticize or praise him .. I bet my money they will because at the end of the day he is part of the squad. He`s been a bit of a forgettable figure at the moment, just because he`s not playing with the team but every eye will be on him when he`ll return.

Now that`s another argument about Nani .. It depends on the person innit .. Me myself i consider both of what he does and what he doesn`t do (not of what he can`t do!) , i know his strengths and his weaknesses, i know where he deserves praise and i remember all the times he made me swear. But that`s what i think, i speak my mind and can`t give an arse of what other people expect from him .. Of course people will think he`s big flop if he`ll leave, but its because he hasn`t been given enough time to improve himself and give an answer. I wouldn`t have said the same for a 27 year old, but ffs he`s 22.. Relax y`all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.