Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
both do but rooney has a bigger effect. when he gets the ball u feel it in the crowd he will make good use of the ball.
Cro, ur a good man for gettin the debates going, keep it up:thumbsup:
no i'm not a good man - i hate debating - i hate berabtov that's why i opened this thread

i hate ferdinand for thinking that vida's better

now let's see who else do i hate

well back last season there were many criticising his first touch, passing, calling him unfit and his wastefullness in front of goal was a special mention so...it all relative and timing of the subject has to be right

if you remember

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
no i'm not a good man - i hate debating - i hate berabtov that's why i opened this thread

i hate ferdinand for thinking that vida's better

now let's see who else do i hate

well back last season there were many criticising his first touch, passing, calling him unfit and his wastefullness in front of goal was a special mention so...it all relative and timing of the subject has to be right

if you remember
wasnt a member last season so cant comment on tht:)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
according to goals they assisited to eachother they're more compatible than rooney and berbatov

it seems saf did a bloody nonsense in milan then ;)

and back when he took off rooney against arsenal i think
Are you talking about this only season where Berbatov was present ? Or the overall statistics of Tevez along with Roo eh? ;)
And anyone can assist a goal anyways, most of them are assisted by midfielders. Its their both overall goals which really counts in this case.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
that works:) i think criticizing a player after just over half a season at the club is a bit harsh tho. im happy as a team were doin so well!
I agree of course, can`t see why someone should dislike Berbatov let alone hating him ! He took his time to settle, fair enough, he found his feet now and is producing better performances altho he can still have shaky games at times. All this is completely normal for me tho, all players pass from such phases. Can`t see what`s all the fuss for. Maybe its because its Berbatov ? I don`t know :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I agree of course, can`t see why someone should dislike Berbatov let alone hating him ! He took his time to settle, fair enough, he found his feet now and is producing better performances altho he can still have shaky games at times. All this is completely normal for me tho, all players pass from such phases. Can`t see what`s all the fuss for. Maybe its because its Berbatov ? I don`t know :)
good points:) at 1st he wasnt scoring too many in the league, but since december hes been doin well. as i said befor (could be another thread) his best has yet to come.

as for the fuss, its prob the 30m fee, but thats not his fault. he will pay it back in goals and trophies and memorable moments in the coming seasons:first:

plus hes very stylish!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
good points:) at 1st he wasnt scoring too many in the league, but since december hes been doin well. as i said befor (could be another thread) his best has yet to come.

as for the fuss, its prob the 30m fee, but thats not his fault. he will pay it back in goals and trophies and memorable moments in the coming seasons:first:

plus hes very stylish!
I`ve always disagreed to include fees when discussing players. It was not going to make any difference if we paid 10mill for him .. The expectations were not going to decrease neither were they going to increase if we paid more. When we signed him we knew what Berbatov was capable of, all we wanted was to see him doing his upmost, end of.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I`ve always disagreed to include fees when discussing players. It was not going to make any difference if we paid 10mill for him .. The expectations were not going to decrease neither were they going to increase if we paid more. When we signed him we knew what Berbatov was capable of, all we wanted was to see him doing his upmost, end of.
really ?

picture this - we bought nani for what 17 million - what do you expect of him

we bought manucho for peanuts -what do you expect from him .- why isn't anyone questioning him

;)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
exactly but some people dont get it that when a club like united come lookin for a player, the price rises and the fee is not down to the player.

point i was makin by mentioning the fee is tht is usually the reason people are sometimes sceptical of berbs ability (crazy how anyone could doubt his ability i know!)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
really ?

we bought manucho for peanuts -what do you expect from him .- why isn't anyone questioning him

;)
we dunno how much Nani was.

All we know is it was 30M for Anderson adn Nani...I believe that Anderson was 29M joke

But fees aren't set by the players anyways...

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
really ?

;)
Well oh well, questioning Manucho on a 1 performance basis ? Now i don`t think that`s the best name to choose to prove your argument my mate ;)

Wasn`t expecting anything from Nani when we bought him because i wasn`t sure what his strengths and weaknesses are, now that i know i am waiting for him to improve his weaknesses and keep his pluses on going and if he`ll be able to do that then he will be worth every penny.. :happy

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well oh well, questioning Manucho on a 1 performance basis ? Now i don`t think that`s the best name to choose to prove your argument my mate ;)

Wasn`t expecting anything from Nani when we bought him because i wasn`t sure what his strengths and weaknesses are, now that i know i am waiting for him to improve his weaknesses and keep his pluses on going and if he`ll be able to do that then he will be worth every penny.. :happy
but don't you think that if he was that good he'd be given more chances

and if he was that good probably would have been paid more -

why everyone thinks veron was a flop ?

he actually did some good things but not good enough for 30 million

but pretty solid for what we got back for him ( 20)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
but don't you think that if he was that good he'd be given more chances

and if he was that good probably would have been paid more -

why everyone thinks veron was a flop ?

he actually did some good things but not good enough for 30 million

but pretty solid for what we got back for him ( 20)
Are you talking about Nani or Manucho?

Well if your argument here is about Nani .. in the same argument you can say that if he was as bad as some people say he is, he has already been shown the back door.
And Manucho .. He is on loan to gain more experience because with the strikers available this season he was not going to maintain any first team experience.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.