Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Are you talking about Nani or Manucho?

Well if your argument here is about Nani .. in the same argument you can say that if he was as bad as some people say he is, he has already been shown the back door.
And Manucho .. He is on loan to gain more experience because with the strikers available this season he was not going to maintain any first team experience.
you said something about expections from a player who's been paid a lot of money

it does play part - expectations are higher from nani than from manucho

everyone's slating nani not because of what he did but of what he didnt' and can't do to justify the price tag - and if he gets sold people will treat him as a big flop

unlike in manucho's case - no one would care nor remember cos they werent espceting anything from a player so cheap

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
you said something about expections from a player who's been paid a lot of money

it does play part - expectations are higher from nani than from manucho

everyone's slating nani not because of what he did but of what he didnt' and can't do to justify the price tag - and if he gets sold people will treat him as a big flop

unlike in manucho's case - no one would care nor remember cos they werent espceting anything from a player so cheap
Wait till Manucho comes back to Old Trafford and have some minutes under his belt and then we will see if the people here will criticize or praise him .. I bet my money they will because at the end of the day he is part of the squad. He`s been a bit of a forgettable figure at the moment, just because he`s not playing with the team but every eye will be on him when he`ll return.

Now that`s another argument about Nani .. It depends on the person innit .. Me myself i consider both of what he does and what he doesn`t do (not of what he can`t do!) , i know his strengths and his weaknesses, i know where he deserves praise and i remember all the times he made me swear. But that`s what i think, i speak my mind and can`t give an arse of what other people expect from him .. Of course people will think he`s big flop if he`ll leave, but its because he hasn`t been given enough time to improve himself and give an answer. I wouldn`t have said the same for a 27 year old, but ffs he`s 22.. Relax y`all.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wait till Manucho comes back to Old Trafford and have some minutes under his belt and then we will see if the people here will criticize or praise him .. I bet my money they will because at the end of the day he is part of the squad. He`s been a bit of a forgettable figure at the moment, just because he`s not playing with the team but every eye will be on him when he`ll return.

Now that`s another argument about Nani .. It depends on the person innit .. Me myself i consider both of what he does and what he doesn`t do (not of what he can`t do!) , i know his strengths and his weaknesses, i know where he deserves praise and i remember all the times he made me swear. But that`s what i think, i speak my mind and can`t give an arse of what other people expect from him .. Of course people will think he`s big flop if he`ll leave, but its because he hasn`t been given enough time to improve himself and give an answer. I wouldn`t have said the same for a 27 year old, but ffs he`s 22.. Relax y`all.

but you seem to have such a nice arse

lol - just kidding - had to say it

and i'm on nani's side

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Rooney is my preference undoubtedly,but Berba is a necessity I think. Last month everyone, on here was purring over Berba's form. Now they have all seemed to have reverted bag to this negative campaigning against him... Retarded

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Rooney!

Obviously different in styles, but I'd have to say, I'd go with him.

Firstly, may I know when fergie said so, cos I just started a new job and might have missed some news.

Next, he might have said it for several reasons, but let's assume he thinks Berbatov is the ebst striker, does that mean he is better than Rooney as an overall player?

I would pick Rooney over Berba. Even in a lone striker's role, but I'm not the manager.

BTW, just replied to you in the other thread and got logged out :( for once I forgot to copy it too..

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think berbatov plays more than rooney because its fergies highest ever paid player so he has to keep playing him and get him integrated into uniteds style of football. He is also the most mature in terms of age of the front members and at his peak age so thats another likely factor as to why he plays because he is proven in the premier league.

Another thing is, with berbatov even if he does not play well, he may still possibly get you a goal which is why he is on the pitch.

This all being said, Rooney is a better player and will play more/be less subbed imo as he gets older and if he can keep himself fit and continue to progress being he is still alot younger than berbatov.

That all being said, berbatov and tevez are of more similar levels in terms of quality because they can fit different situations. If hustling and running is needed upfront, tevez could possibly start ahead of berbatov and if goals are needed against a weak team, berbatov would probably start being the bigger goal threat imo at the moment.

Tevez is a very good player indeed but i dont think he is having a great season. He started very bright, but then went into a major dip, then found his form again but his awareness/decision making is still lacking at times (somestimes plays like milan baros with his head down or does not pick the right pass) and he needs to score more goals. He may have possibly lost some of his killer touch, i dont know. I still like tevez but i have the same complaints of him as i did last season. If anything, he has improved in areas but got weaker in others.

IMO...

Rooney is a better player than berbatov. Berbatov is a better player than tevez. But the difference between the 3 is not HUGE. All three are top players but rooney is the most rounded. Berbatov is possibly most collected. Tevez is the busiest.

I agree with fergie to pick rooney and berbatov as the starting pair too! :cool:

pz!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I think berbatov plays more than rooney because its fergies highest ever paid player so he has to keep playing him and get him integrated into uniteds style of football. He is also the most mature in terms of age of the front members and at his peak age so thats another likely factor as to why he plays because he is proven in the premier league.

Another thing is, with berbatov even if he does not play well, he may still possibly get you a goal which is why he is on the pitch.

This all being said, Rooney is a better player and will play more/be less subbed imo as he gets older and if he can keep himself fit and continue to progress being he is still alot younger than berbatov.

That all being said, berbatov and tevez are of more similar levels in terms of quality because they can fit different situations. If hustling and running is needed upfront, tevez could possibly start ahead of berbatov and if goals are needed against a weak team, berbatov would probably start being the bigger goal threat imo at the moment.

Tevez is a very good player indeed but i dont think he is having a great season. He started very bright, but then went into a major dip, then found his form again but his awareness/decision making is still lacking at times (somestimes plays like milan baros with his head down or does not pick the right pass) and he needs to score more goals. He may have possibly lost some of his killer touch, i dont know. I still like tevez but i have the same complaints of him as i did last season. If anything, he has improved in areas but got weaker in others.

IMO...

Rooney is a better player than berbatov. Berbatov is a better player than tevez. But the difference between the 3 is not HUGE. All three are top players but rooney is the most rounded. Berbatov is possibly most collected. Tevez is the busiest.

I agree with fergie to pick rooney and berbatov as the starting pair too! :cool:

pz!

now this is a good post - as much as i disagree with you on some issues you choose your words wisely without tossing around expressions such are "waaaaay better ", "far superior" etc...

and that's what bothers me - they are all great players but i think rooney,tevez , berbatov is the pecking order - small things and form can make the difference

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

IMO...

pz!
thats an excellent conclusion and very correct in most peoples eyes ,all 3 are good players and the difference is not huge the area i concentrate on is who is more likely to get the ball in the net and tevez always comes third in my judgement but the votes are close but tevez is a workhorse not a predator .

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.