Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay!

Berba is the best Bulgarian football player.

Berbatov retains Bulgarian footballer of year award

http://in.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idINIndia-37203220081227?rpc=401&

REUTERS - Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov was named Bulgaria's footballer of the year for the third time running, the Bulgarian Football Union said on Saturday.

It is the fifth time the award has gone to the 27-year-old Berbatov, equalling the record held by Hristo Stoichkov.

Levski Sofia goalkeeper Georgi Petkov was second and Slavia Sofia midfielder Blagoy Georgiev third.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Award for bulgarian player of the year goes to Berbatov funny that he made a threat to retire from international football the other month .

Not saying he doesnt deserve it but I think he would of got even if he didnt deserve it the country is so corrupt .

·
Registered
605 Posts
red dave said:
Award for bulgarian player of the year goes to Berbatov funny that he made a threat to retire from international football the other month .

Not saying he doesnt deserve it but I think he would of got even if he didnt deserve it the country is so corrupt .
i dont blame hin for doing that

how long can he take the blame for the team

every time the team doesnt perform,he has to take criticism...if its others,its fine......if its people from his own country,then thats bad

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stephen said:
It's not hard is it.

He's been quite disappointing for a 30m player tbh.
Yep. I agree with this. Not saying he's bad.. Just saying my expectations were higher.
Even without the price tag, he's not been near his best days as a Spurs player.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Yep. I agree with this. Not saying he's bad.. Just saying my expectations were higher.
Even without the price tag, he's not been near his best days as a Spurs player.
agreed! but he has contributed 6 goals and 7 assists which isnt the worst record for someone who hasnt hit top form yet and prob still has to settle i will wait till the end of the season to pass judgement

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Revanth said:
if he scores goals,thats enough
But the problem is, is that he doesn't score.

The last time he scored was against Stoke on the 15th November.
Before that was 3 goals in a week in the middle of October.
Then you have the double against Aalborg.

Not really a good enough return for me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Stephen said:
But the problem is, is that he doesn't score.

The last time he scored was against Stoke on the 15th November.
Before that was 3 goals in a week in the middle of October.
Then you have the double against Aalborg.

Not really a good enough return for me.

and also we have loads of second strikers
we need a 'centre-forward'

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it has been said, there is no competition for this.
no wonder he's equalled the record of 5 wins, and three consecutively.
Georgi Petkov, Blagoy Georgiev?
Hardly on the level of Berbatov, even if he hasn't had a great season, he'll still win it. I don't think the threat to retire should be linked to this, but if he didn't win it, then it would be a real insult.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Congrats Berba but the only other half decent players the Petrovs havent been great. Martin has been out injured a lot and Stilyan isnt starting week in week out for Villa.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
Congrats Berba but the only other half decent players the Petrovs havent been great. Martin has been out injured a lot and Stilyan isnt starting week in week out for Villa.
We've been champions of the world twice.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Stephen said:
It's not hard is it.

He's been quite disappointing for a 30m player tbh.
6 goals and 7 assists is not enough ?
Man, this is his first season at OT. He started after the 3rd or the 4th round without any preseason matches. He was injured twice. Also he had a flue during the stay in Japan. And he was the player who brought us the 3 point vs Stoke . Tevez just scored on the open net from 1-2 meters.........

You say he's been quite disappointing ?
So, I have a question.
Notice more that 3 players who are not disappointing you this season.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
6 goals and 7 assists is not enough ?
Man, this is his first season at OT. He started after the 3rd or the 4th round without any preseason matches. He was injured twice. Also he had a flue during the stay in Japan. And he was the player who brought us the 3 point vs Stoke . Tevez just scored on the open net from 1-2 meters.........

You say he's been quite disappointing ?
So, I have a question.
Notice more that 3 players who are not disappointing you this season.
Edwin Van Der Sar
Wayne Rooney
Rafael Da Silva
Michael Carrick

We spent £30m on a player to score goals. He hasn't done that. He has shown his quality at times in the link up play, but Tevez and Rooney are masterful at the link up play anyway. We need someone to put the ball in the net, and that's what every United fan on every United board signified we needed last June.

His goal return has been pretty shocking to be honest.
Stoke, West Brom, Aalborg and Celtic.

We tore West Brom a new arse and Stoke was pretty straightforward.

He doesn't score when we need him too, we brought a player to score goals.

Obviously I'm not jumping on the anti-Berbatov bandwaggon, but just because you and him share a nationality doesn't make him invincible.

A Spurs fan I know mentioned that Berbatov will be found out when he comes to United back in July. I hope he's wrong, but there's part of me that's starting to agree with him.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Not exactly difficult to win, but well done I suppose.

zoran_zlatanov said:
And he was the player who brought us the 3 point vs Stoke . Tevez just scored on the open net from 1-2 meters.........
Sorry, but I don't understand that.

Berbatov's shot was going well wide, so if Tevez hadn't have "just scored on the open net from 1-2 metres" we wouldn't have scored.

Therefore, Tevez deserves more credit than Berbatov.

Z

·
0 Posts
The only game I've been really impressed with Berbatov was when we played Blackburn off the pitch at Ewood Park. We only scored two goals but he was involved in everything and really looked impressive. He's not imposed himself properly on any games since then and that has been quite disappointing for me as I thought that performance was going to kick start his season.

Having said that, he has contributed quite a lot to the team in terms of goals and assists. Althought he's onot as involved in the game as Rooney is, the feww times he does get on the ball he's managed to create some moments of magic and earn us some vital poits that we might look back on at the end of the season and appreciate a lot more than we do now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts