Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berbatov has signed for United. 4 year contract £30.75 million with Frazier Campbell going on 12 month loan deal to Spurs

Bring on Liverpool game!!!!

·
Banned
836 Posts
ManUtd.com:

Reds sign Berbatov

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of Dimitar Berbatov.
The Bulgarian international striker, 27, has signed a four-year contract after joining from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.
As part of the deal, United striker Fraizer Campbell will spend the rest of the 2008/09 season on loan at White Hart Lane.
Upon becoming a United player, Dimitar told ManUtd.com: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."
Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to finally capture the elegant striker and admitted: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.
"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I'm sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
great signing. also good experience for fraizer, im hoping that he will come back to us and not be sold off straight away.
im sure berbatov will score many, many goals for us. he has one of the best touches of a ball anywhere in football. my only concern is that with ronaldo, rooney, tevez, and him, they cant all play every week, and sometimes one will have to sit out. berbatov may be that one on occasion and i hope he doesnt show attitude if and when it happens.

·
Banned
836 Posts
I've been up watching Sky Sports news since 6pm. Thank god, I can go to bed now :)

Chuffed and relieved with Berbatov signing, done and dusted before deadline. I did worry because we didn't make an official bid in for him, but it looks like we've got our man.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Official : Berbatov Signs For Man Utd!

The Wait is Finally over!!!

The Bulgarian international striker, 27, has signed a four-year contract after joining from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

As part of the deal, United striker Fraizer Campbell will spend the rest of the 2008/09 season on loan at White Hart Lane.

Upon becoming a United player, Dimitar told ManUtd.com: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."

Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to finally capture the elegant striker and admitted: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I’m sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrWXT70m2Y

·
Banned
83 Posts
NEW BRITNEY SONG!!!!!!!!!!!
(To the tune of city are a massive club)

Thay tabled 32 million for Berbatov,

So he hired himself a private jet to say f*** off,

And while they were out dancing like knobs in the street,

It was Fergie he decided to meet.

LOOK SHE'S EVEN DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
well its offical besides the price i think having campbell on loan is fairly good

good my postage rate has shot up after that amount of posting haha

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
we now have without doubt the ugliest team in the div tevez rooney berbatov fletcher brown vidic rio vds nev scholes and micheal jackson after the fire nani and last park

S

·
0 Posts
Man Utd complete Berbatov switch

Manchester United have signed Bulgaria striker Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham in a deal worth £30.75m.

The deal sees Fraizer Campbell going the other way on a season long loan.

Spurs also announced they will not pursue their official complaint to the Premier League which accused United of pursuing 27-year-old Berbatov.

"Joining United is a dream come true for me - I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours," he told the club website.

Old Trafford manager Sir Alex Ferguson added: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I'm sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

The capture ends a summer-long saga that took a dramatic twist on transfer deadline day.

Earlier on Monday, it appeared rivals Manchester City were going to shatter United's hopes after they had a bid of more than £30m accepted by Spurs.

The offer was made after City announced they were in the process of being taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group, who have already begun to throw their weight around with bids for several high-profile players.

City manager Mark Hughes had said he was planning to talk to Berbatov, but later admitted to BBC Radio 5 Live that his chances of meeting the striker were slim.

"I would like the opportunity to talk to him but we haven't been afforded that opportunity," he said.

"The lad has made his intentions known for some time [playing Champions League football] and it might be difficult to change his focus."

Real Madrid were also thought to be interested in Berbatov, but Real's president Ramon Calderon told BBC Radio 5 Live they have not made a bid for the player.

Relations between Spurs and United have been far from amicable during this transfer saga.

In July, Spurs submitted a year's worth of evidence to the Premier League to support their complaint of Manchester United's "disgraceful" pursuit of the forward.

And until late on Monday, the White Hart Lane club had confirmed that they had agreed a transfer fee only with City.

1 - 20 of 557 Posts